Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I've been drinking half decalf in the mornings, I just can't seem to get it together since I went back to work. I've had a Frap (light) everyday this week. I had to tell my co-worker not to let me go back to starbucks. We'll see how that works out.

Well I'm getting sleepy nite

Candra you can tell you have lost 40 pounds!!

Ok Dr. Baggs has not said much to me about what NOT to do EXCEPT.........don't gulp Water. I am waiting for the next appointment cause I think I am gonna hear it a bit after my unfill..........

I still have restriction today. How strange is that ...........I am sure it will fade. I gained two pounds back :-( Gotta hold it there and not go higher. Seems like getting rehydrated adds some pounds. I drank so much water the last two days.............

Ok so I went to my stress managment appointment today. I am officially stressed out and in need of stress management. I start a class on Monday than for 12 weeks one night a week I will go to anxiety managment. I don't need counseling!! LOL. I had six years of counseling before and she said she thinks the group is better. If I think I would one on one counseling later I can call her. She specializes in anxiety and stress so I am excited to go to her class and see what I can learn!!

She was really nice!! I sorta wonder if all my stress makes my band get so tight?? It is an idea..........

Ok off to bed ladies and gents!!

Riley - you are a hoot about drinking! When it gets closer you need to instruct me on your magic bullet ideas; I hate chicken broth from a can, so we got to figure out something else! Wow 11 on the line with e-Harmony and more each day- way to go Girl!! Have fun with it!

Candra - you are too hard on yourself; you look great. And good job getting back on the wagon - no more chocolate chasers!

Jes - I'm thinkin' of you / hang in;

Pam, Canolie, Liz, Maria - it is so great that you are all coming down on the 14th - can't wait to meet you. Maybe Donna too???

Canolie and Liz - the 1200 works!! It isn't super easy, but it isn't that hard, ya just gotta make up your mind to do it! I get more head hunger than real hunger.

Liz - Don't worry I didn't start the 1200 right after orientation; I waited until the weekend to get all my food organized and not be so stressed from work; plus it was alot of info to take in from the orientation, so start when you are ready, but when you do GO FOR IT!

Tamara - so good you are back on track and hanging in with us; I read the Gov't has extended unemployment again, so I am hopeful for you that this is going to work out.

OK - nite ladies. Can't wait until next weekend!

Evenin all...hey Pat...yes, plannin on bein there!

Is it decided where 'there' we are meetin in Vallejo,

Sat, 11/14th @ 1:00, right? Excited to meet u too, see all our gals - yeah Riley...been tooo long!..pic time...and root on Maria! Banded SOS!

Edited by roseyyyd1

Candra- You do not look fat. It's seriously the way you positioned your face in the picture. If you had kept you chin down like your cousins, your face would have looked like her picture. You'd be surprised how different poses can make you look in a picture. You are a very beautiful and sexy lady.

Riley- Very impressed with your Alcohol knowledge. Many new recipes after surgery (my hawaii trip next year) Shoot you should write your own book..."Cocktails 101" by Ms. Riley Jane." Thanks for all that info.

Candra woman...I agree with Maria...your smile is always beautiful as you! And lookin great too!

So where are we meeting on the 14th?

Hey Maria, how you doin? Breathe! Your gonna do great!

Canolie & Liz...how doin with 1200? Exercising?

How is everyone else a doin?

Only a week til the Banded SOS (Sistas of Surgery) Time!

(Sorry John, but do ck in, how are you, when Nikki home?)

Have a good day with healthy balanced choices everyone! :)

Hello, is anyone going to the Orientation at Richmond on 11/10/09? Do we get weighed there? When do we get an appt with a Surgeon? Who's the best surgeon to go for?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone..

sorry I've been missing in action.

My grandfather passed away late last week..

I was suppose to accompany my mom to the Philippines but due to the Grievment time i'm allowed.. the time I did have -wouldn't work out because we would have to stop and stay in Japan.. soooo to make a long story short... my mom told me not to worry about going.. and that I should just use my time and do something else.. so I took her advice... and ended up going to Miami then Jamaica.:)..

it was sooooo needed.. but UGGH... that Jerk chicken got to me...:redface:.. Instead of only needing to lose 4 more lbs... I'm now back to my 7lbs again... BUT I'M STILL DETERMINED.. I just needed a break.. from literally everything.. I SOO NEED TO GO TO A SUPPORT GROUP OR SOMETHING.. I feel all whacked out.:cursing:

Well jus wanted to let everyone know i'm still here.. just trying to get back on track again..:unsure:

Hey ladies & gent

Riley - call your book "Alcohol with Lap Band"

Oaklander... Welcome to the group! You will get weighed and that will be your starting weight - wear heavy shoes & eat BFast first. DON'T BE LATE OR THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN. You will find out who your surgeon is and get your first appt date by the end of orientation. Be sure to put that you are completely open on the questionnaire they give you - that way you will get the earliest appt available. Liz & Nicole just had orientation and had their surgeon appts and hour later!!

I have THE Doc Fisher and have to say that he is the best (compared to what others have said) with getting all the gas out - I had zero pain after surgery - and my incisions/scars look really small & straight! Warning: He is a little more harsh on the initial weight loss requirement but it's all worth it.

All the Doctors are good at what they do but some have different specialties - If you read back you will see that I had big issues about the scars because some I've seen aren't too pretty but The Doc does a really good job with that. I haven't had a fill yet with him - oh, and he typically puts in 4cc's at surgery - except for me cuz of my big ass hernia he had to fix (swelling).

FYI: All of the surgeons push/advocate for the RNY/Bypass surgery so do your research, be sure the band is what you want and let them know that!

GOODness girls, stop with the alcohol! I had a bad expericne dontcha know, I am off the stuff! Too Teeny for drinkies now :-) But LOVING wearing size 10s!!!!! It's so worth it.

Surgeons and gas . . . . gosh. Here is my "IMHO" rundown on what each excels at. I think Baggs and Fisher do the best squeezing gas out. Fisher is toughest on initial weight loss - Baggs second toughest - but Fisher I hear is best on making scars pretty except he makes an extra incisoion so there is one more TINY scar. Baggs good on all accounts, very positive and informative, leaves very small scars, and most agressive out of them all with fills, first one at 6 weeks and the next 4 or 5 with 4-6 weeks between each - he does smaller fills more often. Dr. Parks the very nicest, kindest, most reassuring person on earth but not so great on squeezing gas out and seems like she has more bruising (I have a lot of friends who have had her, not just you guys!), and she believes in less fills, waiting longer until 1st fill, and bigger amounts in every fill! Dr. Im I don't know much about, Pam is the only one I know who had him but he's a sweetie! :)

Ha! Candra, you and Jes help me write it & we can call it "Bandahol"

Thanks for the advice! I wanted to say that I had my gallbladder out this week. I was so afraid of the gas so I went to the homeopathic pharmacy and asked what to take. They gave me a homeopathic remedy called carbo vegetabilis. Slip 5 small beads under the tongue. They also said I could add some to Water and sip it. I had operation on Monday and started to get shoulder pain on Tuesday. I immediately took another dose and the pain disappeared instantly. I definitely recommend it. I was filled with tons of gas. Gained 10 pounds from Monday morning pre surgery until Tuesday night, all gas. I had zero gas pains. I would highly recommend this for everyone's surgery kit.

Thank God it's Friday, Friday do do.....can you hear me singing?

How's everyone? Welcome Oakland :) Analynn sorry for your loss but is sounds like you got away so I hope it helped. Gosh I wish I could jet off to Jamaica.

Yea, I think they all are good surgeons. I was just looking at my scars (I have Dr P) and they actually look good the port scar has gotten very small seems like over night. I've been rubbing them with oils I got from the health food store. I"ll have look at the bottles and report back. and the others are real small too. I'm now worried about all this gut I have giggling around. It's sooo gross. I can't seem to find a decent griddle. I may start looking into one of those on the infomercials. Does anybody have any ideas since I'm a long way away from having money for a TT.

Candra any plans this weekend? I may go for a nice walk in the morning if it's not raining.