Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Cool! good to know!

My boyfriend went to the gastric class and he came back saying NO WAY IN HECK AM I EATTING liquid for months lol..so apparently the class WILL scare some!! as long as they tell me the major risk and death rate LOL!

How long is the class? Should I plan to miss work?

Good Morning Ladies...

Yeah, Tamra, that is the orientation... It's not bad, just don't be late or they won't let you in and you'll have to reschedule! You WILL be doing liquids for a while LOL

Sheena - lookin good, girl, with your little hour-glass figure!

That plateu diet looks alot like the Atkins induction phase. Proof positive that carbs are bad, bad, bad!

Good morning Richmond Ladies (& more!)

Thinking about you all for tomorrow...still wishing I could go...(Candra being 'the' group support gal, eh!) but just know I am supporting you all from here in prayer!

I am looking so forward to Saturday, anyone else up for a tea, Soup, or sistership afterwards? Where do we want to go, Candra? Mimi's is there...

Welcome Tamra to a Beautiful Banded Group of Ladies! If I could, I would go with Richmond (great to be close for home) and you could get in with these sweet sisters for fills!

Just an i.e. on the bread and oh oh Panera places, it is something you may need to give up, as bread is not Band friendly (with Pasta and rice, not just beacause also carbs).

In preparing for my surgery, I found that I went actually went through a 'grieving process' for a 'friend' called food.< /p>

Realizing that it no longer can be what I go to for comfort, times of frustration or just want to anesthetize with.

BUT, the return of gaining back my health, life, and body by the grace of God and support of some truly wonderful people, even just before turning 50 is something I am willing to work for and give up a 'crutch' for! Happy 'Anchor' Wed! :(

hey hey, Donna! Good to hear from you - I'm up for hanging out after the class - nothing else I'd rather do :(

Anybody else? Tina, I know you can't - having company and all (hot date with the ol' supervisor, you thin little thing you - LMAO)

FYI: Finally broke 211.6 - just by a hair! 210.7! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of another losing streak!

I have thought about trying to start the Couch to 5K program - anybody tried it? I downloaded the podcast music mixes for it. My walking isn't getting any easier for me so I think I need a push - ramp it up or something! Kind of an endurance thingy. Any feedback on this would be great! Riley? Christine? any other exercise queens....

Reggie, haven't heard much from you as of late - how's that recovery going?

I'm starting C25K this week to prepare for the 5k or 10k I'll be doing in the Fall. (don't know which one I'll do...either run/walk the 10k or run the 5k). I'll let you know how it goes for me! I've been gearing up to start it for a couple weeks now with 3 min walk and 1 min run on the treadmill just to teach my body what jogging is like after all these years of not doing it, lol. I hope I like it!

Speaking of working out, I'm just about to do that...my ball workout, followed by my arms video with 8 lb weights and then the bike for 30-45 minutes.

Have a great day everyone and I'll see some of ya tomorrow! :(

Donna - Thanks for the welcome! I honestly am okay with no bread, I don't eat it much but when I do, it makes me feel so BLOATED!! What other kinds of foods ae not band friendly? That's something new, I assumed everything was okay in moderation.

Candra - congrads on the new weight! I cannot image ever being 210. I dont remember EVER being there!!

I wish, wish, wish I could change my mindset about exercise! I keep telling myself I "love it" it's "really good for me" Trying but ....

Thanks Tamra! You'll get there soon enough - I promise!

This is strange for me because when I was younger & 272lbs I felt great - better than I do now - I was mobile & agile - could run miles - lots of energy - I did get down to 160 once but couldn't hold hit long - felt just as good. But now, 210 fells like 400! My back hurts, I'm tired all the time - sleep apnea & asthma's gotten worse - really, WTF?

Guess my point is.... I'm glad you're doing it now while you're young & not waiting till your breaking point at age 40!

Hi ladies, for all that is going tomorrow.. do we have to bring a food log? I havnet steadily been doing that.. Robin never really said when to start... She said "if you want to log you can start that now"

Let me know:D

And on sat depending on if i have a party i can stay over:D

Im gonna go to the gym now so ttyl, oh and candra the couch to 5k is a good program.. can be a lil tough. During preop i started a program of my own where id walk 1 min run 1 min and did that for a couple weeks then after surgery the night before my fill i finally was able to run 6 min straight, before needing my 1 min break..

Then a week later i hurt my knee... but i know i can still do my 1 min run 1 min walk mix.. cause i did it teh other day. Excersize is no fun, when i get ready to go i just look at it as ill be there for 30 min and then i can leave, well we all know we get hooked.. lol and it ends up being an hour or so.

Hi again...good for u Tamra, as for us 'Italian' types, eh!

Christine...what 5/10K in the fall, in Tahoe?

Are u coming Sat?

Who wants to do a group camp trip??? We can take our hubbys and kids, then all go on hikes?

Yeah ive had the camping monster bite me..

It does look like im just gonna wlak my 3 miles tonight, i feel so icky today.. hope its just nerves about tomorrow.

What happens tomorrow?

Thanks, Nicole, I've never gotten hooked before but I'm hoping & praying - LOL Hey, girl, time to update that siggy - you're out of the 190's - whoop whoop!

Ok, I have to say - I really love you guys - I was snooping around in some other forums & threads and boy oh boy there are some mean people on this site! There's a girl who got the sleeve and is just attacking everybody else. Whew! I don't understand how someone comes to a support site to be unsupportive!

Tamara: Tomorrow we have a group fill. Which is nice cause we all will be there together.. but sucks cause it does take a lot longer.

Candra yeah it was nice seeing 189, but then i went camping and forgot to drink my Water regularly and im back to 191 bla but im not changing the stupid ticker ill be back there soon.

Yeah people are mean.

Donna--I'm pretty sure I'll be there on Saturday...we'll see. We have a big family thing that afternoon so I just need to see if I'll have time to get there. I want to go though! Me and some of my family members are going to do a 5 or 10k in Davis in November.