Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra talk to me about this crystal light thing...........girl I drive about 120+ ounces a day. Carbs!! What!! OMG are you serious. Maybe I need to try just water............feeling sad.........and see is I lose better. Maybe that is keeping me on a plateau??

Reggie, you're funny! Your husband is going to go into shock soon with all the weight you're droppin. I dont have it down at all girl - I am very metabolically challenged - LOL. I literally have to eat 4 meals of 200 cal per day to lose weight and it has to be ZERO carbs! I have messed my body up with 25 years of yo-yoing!

Tina, the container says 5 calories per serving but yet everything listed is "0" The cals have to come from somewhere and the law states that if it has less than 1 gram it doesn't have to be listed. The 3rd ingredient in it is Maltodextrin & 5th is aspartame - those are both carbs so I have to assume the 5 calories come from that - maybe .9 g per serving so 8, 8oz servings is probably 7.2 g. something like that and I may be completely wrong!

I have to say that i am very sorry for all the work stress you all are going thru. Its so tough out there right now. Nowhere to go but up from here!

Our CAO "quit" yesterday, mutual decision with the BOS coming from closed session . . .effective in 5 minutes (noon today). I sent him a nice email and he wrote me back a nice thank you - I am very, VERY sorry to see him go! Our county would have been way worse off than it is right now if it had not been for him these last few years. It scares me what will happen to our County now!

I have the Beck Diet Solution, it is the "head hunger" book and we already do most things in it, but the other things are very very helpful! I will try to remember to bring it on the 25th. I will need help carrying all the clothes in, too! I can't wait to see you guys!

Apparently I was just visiting one-derland, I started NASCAR party week this weekend (I will be out at the track for the weekend staeting early tomorrow morning) and ate and drank like a fish (we do NOT need to tell Robin that!) and gained 4 lbs back over 3 days!! Ay caramba! But instead of freaking out about it - and since I have 4 more days of party to go, then my daughter's wedding up north of Redding on Sunday - instead of lamenting that I have gained weight back, I have decided to be happy that I chose a WLS that allows me to still fit the important parts of my life into my new, healthier lifestyle - like a couple of hearty NASCAR races per year, and an all-inclusive trip to Mexico!

Good for you, Riley - enjoy yourself a couple times a year - that's what life is all about! 1 gain 4lbs looking at a slice a bread so if you can party for a few days on a 4lb budget I'm jealous - LOL - you know you'll take it right back off!

Oh, and Tina, 1 carb = 4 cals so since there isn't 1 full carb there's maybe 3 cals from the carbs and I don't know where the other 2 cals come from - maybe Protein because there is some soy lecithin in it... Is there a dietician in the house? LOL

Hey Candra I did some research online and yea there is a consenses about Crystal light not being t the greatest choice. Water is preferable and the funny thing is I always go back to water and lots of it two days before an appointment cause it helps with the water weight stuff............I guess some online thing it makes you bloat a bit with the aspartime and that it makes you hold on to water weight. I will try just water the next few days and see how it goes.

Ok so three people in my office were laid off today. Not good. We had 15 social workers laid off, three supervirsors demoted and three office staff laid off........so our office took a hit. We are already very short staffed so this really hurts.

Now I am waiting for the bumping to begin from other departments before I am sure my job is safe!!

Yep stressful times.

I can't remember the last time I wanted to cry this much! but I won't - I absolutely will not give this man the satisfaction!! As my husband and I were walking tonight he let me know that he feels WLS is for the weak! Here I thougt he was being so supportive - in all actuality he's supporting my decision to lose weight because he's tired of having a fat wife but thinks I should just keep doing what I'm doing and not get banded - I can't tell you how many times I've lost weight just to gain it all back - he's always been in great shape and can maintain, therefore we all should be like him.

I'm discouraged now! and my feelings are hurt!!

I haven't posted in a very long time to the boards because I am having a hard time losing the weight I need to get to the next stage. It only my fault for not doing what I need to do. Another reason is that my husband says he loves my body just the way it is and that he does not want me to have surgury at all to lose weight. My husband does not need to lose a pound and he rides his bike to and from work which I wsh I could do. I am at 284 lbs and still want to be at least 190 and it has been hard for me to do it alone.

I also think that my husband will not like the attention I will get from other men. He does not support me getting the surgery. I am still confused and don't know what to do. I have read everyone's post and see that you all are doing good with the band and the weightloss and just think of where I could have been when I first went to my orientation in 2007 and here it is 2009:cursing:. My first orientation was in 2007, I had to attend another one in 2008.

Hey ladies!!!! Sorry for the mia AGAIN!!!!

How is everyone!!! So much stress here and it sounds like for everyone else too!! YUCK!!!!

Well as far as I go had my first fill on the 12...went well.....I'm not sure if I already posted about it or not (looser!! :blushing:) but had 3cc form surgery her gave me 1!! I can see a differance...I am not as hungry as I was and the scale finally started moving again!!! I was 205.5 today.....come on 199.....

Had a little ice cream today oh my gosh I got the worst stomach pain...anyone else had that...I was also nauseas for about 4 days....everytime I ate no matter what it was I would get sick...not throw up but nauseas...I emailed Dr.Baggs and of course he got right back because hes awesome!!!! But he said its normal and as long as I am keeping my 75% Protein down I'm good...today the nausea subsided just a little thing with the ice cream...so so far....no rice, no bread and no ice cream for me...they just make me sick!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone....is every body going on the 27? I MISS YOU GUYS!!! DARN WORK TAKING UP ALL MY TIME!!!

Hello Ladies!

So far, my job is still in limbo. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

I'm in my second week of school. Finally going back to get that degree. I have class from 6-10 so dinner is difficult. Last night I brought my dinner with me and started to eat my cottage cheese in the car. When everyone else grabbed chips, Cookies, candy and full sugar sodas; I had my light & fit yoghurt.

The stress about layoffs is definately making it harder to stick to the diet. I think I'm able to handle normal stress right now. But this is not normal stress. This is big stuff. I need to do a bit more work. I think I'll read that Beck book. I think I'll start a thread on the social group for books. Please give your reviews or suggestions! :blushing:

Hey candy. Fills do help I found that out too. I want down two pounds but stuck again..........I am ready for another fill. But yep I have to really chew alot and not eat bread or brocolli.........and oh year tortillas. I am ready for a fill. I don't think this is my sweet spot but better than before fill.

Hang in there Heather I get the stress at work. I so feel it. Today was hard day at our office. Really hard day.

Today is also my birthday and I went to 31 flavors for my free ice cream. I know, I know.............so good and it didn't make me sick!! I sorta wish it would.

I am losing inches again pounds 2.5 down in a little less than three weeks. Ok I guess not great.........but the next fill is gonna get me there I hope!!

Happy Birthday Tina...Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday!!! You know a treat ones in a blue moon is ok!!!!

Heather hang in there.....you have accomplished so much!!!! Just think how good you feel!! :wink:

Happy Birthday to your husband too!! I haven't had ice cream since before surgery..........Oh so good. I loved on Ice cream last summer............but felt sick alot so better to be where I am this summer even without the ice cream.........

Oh today my boss took me out to eat. I said no drink she insisted. There was nothing but soda...........i am scared of that stuff. So fill the cup up but didn't drink any...............I actually took it to go than dumped it after she left...........I felt weird about that. I just don't want to explain everything!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!!!! A little ice cream on your birthday isn't bad at all - isn't that one of the reasons you did lap band and not RNY - so you can still have a "normal" life? 2.5 inches in only 3 weeks is great! Damn that crystal light - grr.. Sorry for the people that got laid off but glad it wasn't you!!

HEATHER... I will bring the copy of Beck diet solution to the sac class this month - It's ok - the main thing that I got from it is that it's OK to be hungry. It's not a crisis and i don't have to stop everything and grab the first unhealthy thing I can get my hands on! Hunger has always been a crisis for me - LOL. You got so much going on - and back to school too... this time next year you are going to be a competely different person - who's gonna recognize you? LOL

MOLLYMAI: One of the greatest things I've learned from the ladies on this thread is that your life HAS to be about YOU! and what is best for YOU. If your husband truly loves and trusts you, he will learn to deal with your success - if he doesn't then he doesn't truly love you - at least, that's what I told my husband LOL. Im certain that he does love your body the way it is but do you? You and I are in such similar situations - My husband is in tip top shape and just doesn't understand what it feels like to be trapped in this body of mine. Live your life for you and your husband will follow - just be mindful of his insecurities and reassure him that other men and their attentions don't mean a thing to you! I told my husband that when I'm smaller, healthier, happier and feel sexier in my skin our sex life will greatly improve - he was down for that :wink:. Good luck and keep coming back because these ladies will give you the motivation and inspiration you need to succeed in your weight loss - even if you decide not to get the surgery - weight loss is still weight loss!!!! COME TO THE SACRAMENTO CLASS ON THE 27TH - PLEASE

Hi there ladies!

Hey Candi, cool new ticker! Glad to see you again, I know, I dont post as much either, but do lurk, lol! Glad you will be there the 27th.

Heather, keep up the good work girl, for you and Tina, sure keeping u gals in prayer! (Happy Birthday Woman!)

Say Candra...forgive him..but work the goal girl! Maybe someday I can 'attempt' a 'hill' with you! Are u going to try for the 25th group appt? How bout the 27th?

Smallerj, my new twin (in height) and more! Cant wait to see you! Riley woman, maybe on the 25th, of course, dont hide behind a tree, we will miss you! (teehee) Reggie, will u be there, or can u come on the 27th?

Nicole, keeping you and hubby and job and house in prayer!

Christine, how are you doing? We sure missed you!

Sorry if i missed anyone, you beautiful babes! Donna :wink:

Hi Donna - great to hear from you miss lady!! I have forgiven him - I always fogive the F'd up crap he does but i won't forget! I don't talk to him about the band at all anymore - just keep doin what I'm doin and when my surgery date comes he'll deal with it or he won't - If he can't suppot me on this then he can step! I'll be skinny & cute soon enough and I can find a new husband that won't care if I have the band or not - hahahahahaha. I can definately meet up with you all on the 25th - just need to know how late you all will be there - I can be there by 1 or so and i will be bringing my camera!!!

Hey Tina, i dont recall the reason you gave them for being off work - what illness you said you had but is there any way to incorporate that you can't tolerate carbonation?? ulcers or something to that effect? I've told my pals that I've given up soda because it's becoming too much of an addiction and i don't drink enough Water when I have it. that it gives me headaches if I don't drink enough of it now.