Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I had cream of wheat for Breakfast - made it kind of thin, sugar free pudding, Tomato Soup, no sugar added fudgesicles, sugar free popsicles, yogurt without fruit pieces in it. That is all I can remember eating for that three weeks. I only ate my three meals a day plus a fudgesicle or popsicle in the evening. My stomach was growling like a lion. Looking back, I don't know how I did it. It is harder when you have more choices later on with regular food.< /p>

I have a convention March 22, i am trying to get in in tiem to be on mushies during that time, do you think its possible? And what did you eat during the puree stage?

If they can get your surgery scheduled by the end of Feb you should be able to. During the pureed stage I pureed hard boiled egg with mayo, pureed Wendy's chili, smashed cottage cheese, and pureed refried Beans. Luckily I was only on pureed 7 days before going to the next stage. I would have to look at my food diary when I get home to see what else I ate. Are you at goal weight?

Hello,

yes i was at goal when i went to the Psychologist. So a week later i saw dr baggs, and he confirmed im at goal, and got me the appt with the case manager, he is trying to get it closer though so i hope it works.:thumbup:

Reggie, no need for the Sac Richmond Team name right? Instead I'll just trip over the rug on the way in and we'll figure it out that way! :lol: That was so funny.

Christine: Thanks for accepting the FB invite. I didn't want to talk about the surgery on the wall, when needed I will write you through your "FB inbox". LOL, no no need for Sac Richmond Team.

Thanks to all of you for meeting, I had a wonderful time.Nicole, Audrey is so cute!!! We should this this more often.

I went to my orientation today. I left the house at 4:30 am, needless to say I am sleep deprived. The orientation went well, oh my some of the questions that people asked baffled me, especially when we all know we there to find a tool to help us in our Quest to lose weight :thumbup:. After hearing all the information about both RNY and LB, I am fully convinced that I want to do the LB. I don't mind gradual weightloss.

They told us that they'd be calling to give us our next appointment. Well I tried calling them after we left but no luck. I'm going to pester them until I get an appointment. So I will be starting the my diet tomorrow. :thumbup:. I am excited!!!

Great news, Reggie! I'm glad you got there safe and on time. Wow, 4:30am? I bet you were nice and early! Did anyone walk in with Starbucks cups?

Yeah, people ask some really stupid questions...I was surprised by it too. People just couldn't get over the idea of NO ALCOHOL, they kept trying to find loopholes. It was really funny, but kindof annoying.

What surgeon was there today?

I hope you get an appointment really soon!

Reggie: Thank you, i must say i agree:D I love her deeply:D

I am so glad u had a good orientation!!! Yea people ask dumb questions:D

We will all have to get together again soon!

Thanks Christine and Nicole!

I had Dr.Park was the surgeon and Liz was the case manager as well as Robin the nutritionist.

A couple of people left the orientation before it was over. I was surprised!

We had some people leave at ours too. There were about 75 people there because they had cancelled the previous one. About 20 people left at the break, I was totally surprised.

Hey Reggie

I went to orientation on December 16, 2008 and no call or appointment yet. They told use they would call us and I would hear something for sure by the 5th of January. Nothing.

I plan to call again tomorrow and bug them. But a word to the wise they get a bit cranky if you call to much. They keep telling me that they call patients not the other way around.

For me it has been three weeks and no contact at all yet. I hate to say it but I think your on the "waiting list" with the rest of us.

I don't know what is going on but I did hear they are very short staffed right now and way behind on everything.

I am very anxious to get this going but I am guessing that my surgery might be put out till summer at this rate. It is taking a month in between each contact ..........

Let me know what you hear and I will let you know what our group hears. So far no one in our group has appointments or letters from Kaiser.

I saw Dr. Zimmerman today. I figured it would not go well because I was up at least 2lbs. She did not want to schedule a Dr. appt today until I lose a few she said, which I am okay with because I do not want go forward and have not made any accomplishments.

I will try my best to put my best foot forward and eat right and excercise.

There were two other individuals there that saw the psych and they lost weight and one that I know of got her Dr appt set for tomorrow.

Well I am going to continue on my journey to lose weight.