Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Request for patients with complications!

I would like to hear from patients that were banded in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere that are experiencing unresolved complications, or have experienced complications, including erosion, bowel/esophageal perforations, slips, esophageal spasms, improper band placement, poor weight loss and weight regain or any other complication. Let me know if you still have your band too. Please send me an IM or email with your phone number or email address.

If you haven't already, you might want to post this in the "doctors and hospitals" section. Be braced for the doctor to have his supporters; you didn't really give a reason for "WHY" you want the info.

I would like to hear from patients that were banded in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere that are experiencing unresolved complications, or have experienced complications, including erosion, bowel/esophageal perforations, slips, esophageal spasms, improper band placement, poor weight loss and weight regain or any other complication. Let me know if you still have your band too. Please send me an IM or email with your phone number or email address.

Look, I'm no fan of Ortiz but not because he is not a good surgeon, he is.

Why don't you just tell us your agenda and those with a similar agenda can join you.

You are asking people for BAND complications, not necessarily ORTIZ complications. It makes you appear to have a vendetta, not a sincere question.

Fair is fair, you aren't that. You have cross posted this to most every board. Just spell out your agenda and those with similar agendas can join in the witch hunt.

Look, I'm no fan of Ortiz but not because he is not a good surgeon, he is.

Why don't you just tell us your agenda and those with a similar agenda can join you.

You are asking people for BAND complications, not necessarily ORTIZ complications. It makes you appear to have a vendetta, not a sincere question.

Fair is fair, you aren't that. You have cross posted this to most every board. Just spell out your agenda and those with similar agendas can join in the witch hunt.

Since you have posted the same question to me in all the places I posted this, I will also answer you here as posted on the OH board:

Wasabubblebutt (Midwestern girl), you really are something. I've never seen anyone leap to such conclusions! You have decided I'm on some sort of witch hunt (vendetta). If you say so. The truth is you have no idea why I'm asking. I am simply asking to correspond with anyone that has had complications after using this surgeon. If you didn't use him, then ignore the question. If you did and didn't have a complication, then ignore the question.

(Then you go on to say that you have all the answers about which docs have the best and which docs have the worst reps. Whatever you say. I'm not going to debate an issue with you that you obviously know nothing about. And by the way, I don’t have a “beloved” surgeon. I unlike you don’t have a case of doctor worship! You base all of your opinions on what you read on the boards. Good luck with that!

I've got news for you, all surgeons have complications, even yours. Yours has also had a few deaths. But that's not what I'm interested in right now. )

As for the reasons and more information, it will be made known later.

Cheers! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Since you have posted the same question to me in all the places I posted this, I will also answer you here as posted on the OH board:

Wasabubblebutt (Midwestern girl), you really are something. I've never seen anyone leap to such conclusions! You have decided I'm on some sort of witch hunt (vendetta). If you say so. The truth is you have no idea why I'm asking. I am simply asking to correspond with anyone that has had complications after using this surgeon. If you didn't use him, then ignore the question. If you did and didn't have a complication, then ignore the question.

(Then you go on to say that you have all the answers about which docs have the best and which docs have the worst reps. Whatever you say. I'm not going to debate an issue with you that you obviously know nothing about. And by the way, I don’t have a “beloved” surgeon. I unlike you don’t have a case of doctor worship! You base all of your opinions on what you read on the boards. Good luck with that!

I've got news for you, all surgeons have complications, even yours. Yours has also had a few deaths. But that's not what I'm interested in right now. )

As for the reasons and more information, it will be made known later.

Cheers! <o:p></o:p>

Yeah, not quite true. My doctor has not had several deaths, that's just a load. One death he did have he didn't do the original surgery, he was trying to clean up a mess from another surgeon and it was simply too late and nobody could have saved the woman.

However, if you want to play these games I can provide a great deal of information and death stats regarding your own doctor if you wish.

I am NOT one to join the drama that goes on via internet boards... I hate it intensely... HOWEVER, skinnyplease you DO seem to have some sort of vendetta. Seriously. Are you a patient coordinator or something? I've looked through your posts and you really seem to rail Ortiz and ONLY Ortiz, but no one knows your background...

I am NOT an Ortiz worshipper. He was my doc. I have been very successful with my weight loss. I have been upfront and honest that the surgical experience went well, but there is always room for improvement... I am very curious to hear what your problem with Ortiz is, because you obviously have one, and honesty is a noble thing here...

wasa, please post whatever you would like about "my" surgeon. I really don't care. I DON'T work for him. I've had my surgery and thank God I'm fine. The truth is that ALL of the big names have had deaths (of their own patients). If they tell you they haven’t, they are lying. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

It's funny that YOU of all people are accusing me of being on a witch hunt when you have emailed me numerous times about giving you as much dirt as possible about belite weight so you can use it to "put then away" because they are "tormenting your friend". You claim to want everyone to do research for themselves and to help others. But, when someone does you jump all over them. <o:p></o:p>

I'm all about the truth. I have NEVER posted a statement that I couldn't back up with proof. Did it ever occur to you that is why I'm not explaining my reasons for asking a question? I refuse to post something very good or very bad on this or any board unless I have the PROOF to back it up. <o:p></o:p>

You have no idea what my agenda it. Maybe I'm writing a book or something. Maybe I'm trying to show that Dr. Ortiz has the LEAST amount of complications. You are assuming what my reason may or may not be. <o:p></o:p>

I’m not going to continue debating this. I have explained myself as much as I can. Everyone can feel free to assume the rest.

There is no way you can gather meaningful statistics on a forum like this, or any other. All you can get is anecdotal evidence. How many patients does the doctor have in total? How many still have a band? Without ALL information, any numbers you gather mean nothing, unless you are an attorney just looking for clients. I don't think it is out of line for anyone of us to ask why you are looking for this information, but I do find it suspicious that you won't tell us.