Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hey Girls~

Tracy...love the bottle! Very cute and I am sure it smmells good too!

Janie...feel better soon!

Judy...hows the rash? Sorry your weather is so poopy...ours is too. Low 80s w/ clouds and chance of rain tomorrow. Not complaining, but it is odd for us!

Gotta run, pop in later from work!

xoxo

good morning girlies. super busy weekend for me and I'm super exhausted. This month will just be like that for me...

Friday I got off of work so late and then I still had to work Saturday in order to finish. Ugh. Then after work we hit two graduation parties. Sunday we had church then I cleaned the house up a little and did some laundry. Then we weeded the flower beds and then contemplated making another bed in the backyard. My backyard is shaped funny so I can't figure out what to do back there... I wonder if a landscaper would charge an arm and a leg in order to design our backyard landscaping for us?? I don't mind doing the work to get it there but I just can't come up with anything...

YAY Heather!! I can't believe I missed it! Well, congratulations and I just loved your pics and I can't believe you posted on the way to the hospital and then almost as soon as you gave birth!! We love you so much!!

Janey - I hope your sniffles feel better. Did you end up going to the clinic?

Terry - hannah is gorgeous!! Looks just like her mama! love love love the shoes but could never walk more than two steps in them, LOL.

Tracy - glad you had so much fun at the zoo! I haven't been in 10+ years. Macy looked too cute in her yellow dress!

Laura - YUM! Your wedding cake sounds amazing! And that sounds like a good tradition to have. Special cake every year, yay! Maybe if you tell Russell that instead of a present all you want is cake, LOL??

Gahhh, I'm being called away again. We've got a huge meeting with the bank this morning at 9am, which is what all the work I did last week was for...

I'll be back girlies...

Cold here too. Just finished a bowl of oatmeal, hoping to warm myself from the inside out! So far it is just warming my pouch, and sitting.....not moving anywhere. So the rest is sitting in the bowl, not going to push it......morning is sooooo tight for me, I don't know why I even try!

I used to not be that way,before the total unfill I mean. I could eat part of a yogurt with granola---now even the yogurt is a no go in the morning. Think this oatmeal might make a re appearance if I am not super careful.......I do not want to start the day with a PB!

Rick and I are taking both Moms to the funeral. His Dad is working, and mine had previous commitments to help load the moving van for the preacher who is leaving.

Rick's Mom normally would have thrown a wall eyed fit over his Dad missing this, but she is mad at the brother in law, so is ok with it. Personally I think the whole thing is bogus---but who am I but yet another out law???

She is put out because he spent more time with his Mom in the hospital than he did with his wife---she was on 4th floor his Mom on the 5th. Well his Mom died---his wife did not, that should tell them something! And he took his Mom flowers and not his wife! Well his wife had been in the hospital 4 times in a month, and they were telling him his Moms heart was wearing out. I guess they would have preferred he wait and lay them on her casket today. Irritates me when she gets this attitude, because let it be one of her boys making the same calls and it would all be reversed. She is madder than hell that he has to leave and take off for Oklahoma because that is where his Mom is being buried-----and yet she and my FIL will be taken back to Texas following services here!!! LOL no win....simple as that.....no win with her, unless you are her kid, you are wrong!

ooooohhhhh please go down oatmeal!!!!!

My Mom's birthday is Friday......and Fathers Day is Sunday, and I am at a loss!!! I have no idea what to buy for anyone! We know what we are doing for Rick's Dad, but not mine. It is much easier with his, because there are 4 kids, all willing to go together and buy something that costs more than each could do alone, and something he would not go buy himself. My brother won't do that, so it leaves me on my own to buy for my Dad......any ideas????

Thinking jewelry for my Mom, wish I had thought about it earlier, and hit Terry's site!

Well I am off to dig up something for Rick and I to wear today. Weather is an issue, I am freezing, so I am looking for something warm!!! LOL

See y'all later!!

I hope to GOD this is 6 pounds of fluid!

(yes I weighed when I shouldn't have) UGH....

Good morning, Violets..

I'm back from the hospital and watching Ethan. He's coloring on his new rainbow paper and playing with the Leap Frog Leap Pad I got him at a garage sale. No going outside today. It's 46 out and raining and dreary. Yuck.

I took a couple of pasties out of the freezer for dinner today. I have a meeting at the church at 5:30. It's the first ever Board meeting I've attended in 25 years. Things are starting to implode with the pastor and since I have a flute rehearsal at the church, I figured I could go to the meeting and see what was happening. The pastor is just not a right match for our church. We're slowing dying and it's because of him.

Ethan and I just looked outside at two mallard ducks in our front yard. Now what does that tell you about our weather??? Great weather... for ducks!!

Off to figure out some lunch! bbl...

Ok.. these two little ones were on my front lawn a minute ago. What does that tell ya about our weather??

post-215048-13813138437755_thumb.jpg

It was sooooo yum.. almond poundcake with hand-made raspberry & caramel buttercream filling, and vanilla buttercream covering.. slurp.

I thought it'd be a neat tradition for us to get her to make us a cake every year (what can I say, I never actually need a reason to get a cake, but this at least justified it instead of me paying to get a professional hand-made cake for no reason).

Oh My that cake sounds divine!! :thumbup:

I always loved my band doc, and this last time I went his business has really picked up, waiting room only had standing room..and had to wait a long time, then the doc wasn't even there, had to see his doc assistant (first time that's happened) but whatever...

I got a bill Friday, they charging me; I am still on my 6 free adjustments--when I had to have revision surgery they said they'd start over counting since none of them worked.. and it was all out of pocket for the 2nd surgery.

So everytime I go, I double check how many free are left. I have 1 more free left. So I called the billing this morning to ask her why I got this bill, she said she asked the doctor and he said they ARE NOT starting over since the 2nd surgery. I don't have anything in writing unfortunately, but this just sits bad with me. They are starting to lose all of their customer service perks I always liked, and now they forgot the deal they made with me. Argh. I go back next week, she said I'd have to talk to the doc then about this. Very disappointing that I no longer rave about how close and friendly the staff is, now they are becoming like a Wal-mart.. only cares about how many people they can get in as quick as then can.

Laura, can I ask how much a fill is? That sucks. I paid 6k upfront for 5 years of fills. My friend paide 6k for 2 years of fills (Cathy, who was 4 months after me). I don't have anything in writing either. THEN I FOUND OUT HE IS BILLING MY INS FOR THE FILLS TOO! Double dipping...but there is nothing I can do about it.

The blisters under my nose haven't gone away so I am going to the dr to let him look @ it. While I am there I am gonna get some speed....I know...its cheating but oh well, the band can help me maintain after I take it the weight back off. I will have the best of BOTH worlds, for a little while anyway. A girl will do what a girls gotta do...

My original surgery was roughly 15k out of pocket, which included 6 adjustments for free. 2 adjustments later they realized my port had flipped and no adjustments worked, so 2.5k out of pocket surgery and they said they would start the fills back over, since they hadn't worked yet. Now they're taking that back (ugh).

It's not too expensive, $75.. but keep in mind it's 6 hours of driving, so that's gas money & have to take a day off work.

I had planned on going to a fill doc 1.5 hours away after my free fills are up--but had a guilty conscious about it, because I really liked my doc..., now I'm just irritated about them not honoring the starting over, having to stand in the waiting room, not getting to see the doc, etc. So I guess it's good, they pissed me off and now I don't feel so bad going somewhere else. I have an appt. next week, going to talk to doc about the bill and see.

The one 1.5hours away, is free if you don't need an adjustment (which I wouldn't go if I didn't) and $150 per adjustment; but all adjustments are under fluero. Current doc doesn't do fluero, but I had to 2x when they couldn't get the first 2 fills to work-- which was $300each out of pocket since my insurance doesn't pay.

If they won't get this sorted out, I'll be $150 out of pocket for last time's fill and this time's fill. Hopefully next week's fill will get me back to where I need to be.

Oh the good news, sadly it's VERY SLOW.. but I did lose 2lbs this month. This time last year I was losing very quickly (although I did have a great fill).

Home from work and hubby and I went acroos the street and trimmed their trees. They don't know we did it. They moved out about 2 months ago and we took the opputunity to go over and do that. It's been a driving hazard for a long time. They hang over and when people pull up to the stop sign and can't see past them, they pull out and nearly get hit by oncoming cars. They come back once a week to check on the place so if the notice and ask, we will tell them we did it.

So, hubby gets ready to go take a nap and proceeds to tell me that when he gets up that I can go cut the grass. I'm the lckiest girl in the world. I tell you. What a man.

Judy, no pool time here. We got hit with bad storms last night and now it's off and on rain for a few days, not to mention that it's only 69 degrees right now. Too cold for these old bones. But the guys did get out outdoor shower done. They did such a wonderful job. Very impressive.

OK, back from the dr. Now I have to wait an hour and go get my presecriptions. I sure hope that they work!! :thumbup: I'll be glad when my face looks normal again!