Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new years weightloss challenge

Hello All. Well, I 'm not sure how my December Challenge will go. I went my dermatologist today to have a "growth" removed from my face, really close to my eye and she doesn't want me exercising for 1 week. She doesn't want me to get sweat in the wound, (I have about 8 stitches). I want to go workout anyway and just be careful or walk more. It is cold out now, so maybe that would work. I can't just do nothing. I really think it has helped me lose.

Any suggestions?

Happy Holidays,

Lone Star Loser

:wink2:

As of yesterday morning I was down 17lbs! but I had my surgery yesterday and now I'm back up 8lbs. I think its from the 4-5 bags of potassium chloride they gave me. but still I think its really strange.

As of yesterday morning I was down 17lbs! but I had my surgery yesterday and now I'm back up 8lbs. I think its from the 4-5 bags of potassium chloride they gave me. but still I think its really strange.

hey everyone,

hows everybody doing? well im ok welcome back sw.heart181. i thing its from the gas i hear some people say they gained weight a few days after surgery dont sweat it i will melt right back off as your dr has u on a strict diet. and for lonestarloser sorry i didn't c your post sooner. but, here is what i think, you should do what your dr says as you dont want any thing to get in that wound. you have plenty of time to excerise. your health is more important. keep us updated on whats up with you.

oh yeah I'm not too worried. are you getting excited for the 15th china?

i was doing fine but, now the closer it gets im getting alittle nervse. i think im getting excited to. tell me this they took me off all meds right and i got on the scale yesterday and have gained 2lbs. has that happen to anyone else. i will just be happy when it is over. i keep thinking about the gas and shoulder pain. so we will see will let everyone know how it went when i get back.:tt1::tongue2::thumbup:

oh yeah I'm not too worried. are you getting excited for the 15th china?

you will do great! I didnt have to stop taking any meds so i don't know from personal experience about the weight gain.

as for the new years challenge I'm offically down 20lbs so im going to set a smaller seccond goal of another 10lbs.

I haven't thought about a short term goal. Thanks for suggesting it! So, I thought about it and I will be pleased if I am down 8 lbs by January 1st. I am excited about this challenge. Now I have something short term to shoot for. Great idea China and good luck to us all!

china how did your surgery go?

hi all surgery went good it took 30mins and in recovery almost an hr before i woke up and was talking. i wasn't that bad at all. only thing was i had a bad case of the dry hives for a while but, after changing the medication for the seconde time it was alright. also i think small goals are better as it seems like something reachable rather than having to try and do the whole large amount. thanks all for the support. how is everyone doing.

I haven't thought about a short term goal. Thanks for suggesting it! So, I thought about it and I will be pleased if I am down 8 lbs by January 1st. I am excited about this challenge. Now I have something short term to shoot for. Great idea China and good luck to us all!
china how did your surgery go?

Congrats China on being banded! Welcome to being an bandster! Very glad to hear your surgery went well and that your well on your way with your recovery.

I am doing very well. My incisions are looking very good and only still have just a little bit of soreness around my port incision. Working hard on my December challenge and look forward to my next weigh in on Friday!

Thanks for checking back on us and best of luck with your quick recovery!

im starting to get the gas out happy about that only problem is im not able to drink the 64ozs of liquid was anyone else had this problem. i had 4 popsickles and 4ozs of liquid yesterday and that is it. seems like alot that they want you to drink. and everyone is doing go good with there weight chellenge im trying to work on mine. :smile2:

Congrats China on being banded! Welcome to being an bandster! Very glad to hear your surgery went well and that your well on your way with your recovery.

I am doing very well. My incisions are looking very good and only still have just a little bit of soreness around my port incision. Working hard on my December challenge and look forward to my next weigh in on Friday!

Thanks for checking back on us and best of luck with your quick recovery!

im gone have to try that one. i did have tea today was only able to get down 2ozs b4 i felt like i had eaten a giant steak.:confused: that rocks. but, im gone stick with it and keep trying to get the liquids in but, its hard. but, i love it.this is something i thought i would never say.:shades_smile:

I found it easier to drink warm liquids, like Decaf coffee or tea. Cold things go down slow, but the warm liquids are soothing. Plus I have been so cold, it warms me up.

Lone Star Loser

yeah I can't get down any more than 33oz at this point. I just seem to get that sloshy stomach feeling. glad to hear your surgery went well china!

glad to see im not the only one having this problem. i really like the popsickles. did anyone else come home with a sore throat. mine is still sore. popsickles really help.:ohmy:

yeah I can't get down any more than 33oz at this point. I just seem to get that sloshy stomach feeling. glad to hear your surgery went well china!