Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new years weightloss challenge

hi all thought that we could start a mini weightloss challenge here for the new years. you know give each other support and have fun at the same time. say a simular one on another thread.

so here goes im china and i will be banded on 12-15-08 and my mini goal is 10lbs. hope others join in:thumbup:

Hi there China! I'll join in too!

I am Peter and I will be banded this Friday, Dec. 5th. My goal for Jan 1 is 20 lbs weight loss.

*it's going to be very interesting to see what kind of loss I will have after the band - I see some lose tons of weight really fast while others trickle it off.

hi pete,

thanks for joining i see alot of people viewed the post but, no one joined. i thought it would be fun to support each other while we are losing weight.

but, being you did join lets help each other thru this. i think i will shoot for 12lbs. what is my plan to get there. i will stop eating after 9pm and try walk more. well good luck.

Of course I am still on my pre-op diet today. Tomorrow is pre-op testing and then Friday is surgery. So after then is on the band. I have been walking every night and plan to continue that plus of course eating better...or should I say for the rest of December, drinking. LOL

Of course I am still on my pre-op diet today. Tomorrow is pre-op testing and then Friday is surgery. So after then is on the band. I have been walking every night and plan to continue that plus of course eating better...or should I say for the rest of December, drinking. LOL

hey pete,

well so far i have been going the the gym 5 days a wk working out. and trying to not eat after 10 but some times that doesn't work. now im shooting for not eating after 9:30pm. but, if i do after never after 12am. old me use to do most of the eating beween 12am-5am. as im a nite person. also trying to become more active such as getting out more and not finding reasons to just lay down or sleep. well i dont sleep like others i have sleep ap. trying to also get on a sleep schedual. its alittle hard.

but, here is my work out program im doing at the gym.

treadmill 30-40 mins a day

thigh machine 15x5sets each machine (inner, outer)

squats 15x2sets

eliptical 5mins

some kind of bike not the one that sits strait up either. 5mins

then butt machine 15x2sets

and this is done 5 days a wk. some times on the weekend if i have time.

trying to incorp. the south beach workout dvd into the mix as i would be doing this at home in the morning. and i do the r-band some times. want to do the walking outside but, to cold were i live. so the gym is where i get done. trust me this is some thing new for me as i hated exercising before now i love it. was doing the weights but, learned i gained 2lbs from that so im off that till after the band. well hope this helped you. i was 434lbs two monthes ago almost 3. now im 398 gained 2lbs of muscle. so it can be done hope this motivates you to. as a lady on here named texas beckey motivated me. she lost 301lbs in either 1.5 years or 2. after dr. told her she would do it. i know its gonna be hard but im in for the long run, not for the microwave part. see you at the finish line.

I'm going to set a goal of 20lbs for the whole month of december since my post-op diet is SUPER strict. broth and 3 Protein Shakes for 30 days after my surgery then finally full liquids and mushies for another 30 days!

I'm going to set a goal of 20lbs for the whole month of december since my post-op diet is SUPER strict. broth and 3 Protein Shakes for 30 days after my surgery then finally full liquids and mushies for another 30 days!

ya that is strict, i think that your gonna lose more than 20lbs. doesn't it feel good to know we are starting the new year of getting healthy. and lbs lighter.

Well I am on my way to my goal. I have lost another 4.4 lbs and that is the first 4.4 lbs for my December challenge! Woot!

Hi there China my name is Kris and I will set a goal for New Year's. Great Idea by the way! Ok I will say at least 8 lbs. I like to set small goals and go from there. Good Luck to all! And Happy Holidays

Hi there China my name is Kris and I will set a goal for New Year's. Great Idea by the way! Ok I will say at least 8 lbs. I like to set small goals and go from there. Good Luck to all! And Happy Holidays

good morning all,

welcome kris, sweetheart181,and florida pete. glad to see the group is starting to grow.

kris i think that is a great ideal, no goal to small or to big here. its what every you feel is a good goal for you. i know a few of us have more to lose than others so it think setting mini goals is a great thing as your looking and dealing with a smaller number and that really helps. we will do just fine on this, as im looking at how great we all did on the weightloss just to get surgery. together we have lost 108.8lbs and that doesn't include your weightloss kris as we dont know how much you lost yet let me kno and i will add u in. i think 108.8 and counting is a hell of a job and you all should be proud.

and great job pete on the 4.4lbs additional lbs. went to my dr yesterday and according to there scale i have lost 4lbs. not changing my tickler until monday when i get on wlc's scale. also i decided that my tickler only goes down not up so if i happen to gain weight ever it will remain the same. so i kno i have to get back to the weight listed or smaller i think that really motivates me.

kris where is your tickler?

just wanted to let everyone know what great job there doing and say welcome to the group.

and good luck with surgery in the morning pete your in my prayers. hurry back. see u at the finish line.

Edited by china
add on

so here r the numbers in blue and white of r mini goal.

china-12lbs (12-15-08)

pete-20lbs (12-5-08)

sw.heart181-20lbs (?)

sw.kris-8lbs (?)

jewels41-17lbs (12-19-08)

77lbs total new years loss

Edited by china
add on

Thanks china! I can't wait for the new year! and great job pete! good luck with your surgery tomorrow! keep us updated!

Thanks china! I can't wait for the new year! and great job pete! good luck with your surgery tomorrow! keep us updated!

sw.kris and sw.heart181 when r your surgery dates.

and sw.kris what is your weightloss (pre-opt) so i can add ya in.

sounds like a great challenge, im being banded dec. 19th. started my pre op liquid diet today. Im not sure I will lose 20 by the first of jan. but I will shoot for 17lbs.

sounds like a great motivation for me!! thanks china