Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 18th Banders

how are you doing? This is our 1 week check point and I'm feeling much better today than in the past several days. I'm still sore at the port incision point and eating/drinking is slow but every day the process gets a little easier.

Have you hit the scale yet to see how much you may have lost in just 7 days? I'm at 3 pounds down, 31 since the liquid pre op regiment and seeing a glimpse of the light at the end of this very, very long and narrow tunnel of weight loss. No more hill and valley losses and gains, just a consistent and straight path to a healthy and energetic life. Soon to be no more worrying about armless chairs, tight booths, seatbelt extenders on airplanes, heavy breathing after walking up a flight of stairs...... Life is good, and it's good to be breathing and have the opportunites to live again.

I feel good, how about you? What you you looking forward to not worry about in your life?:)

I was band on the 18th. I feel a little bit better very day. I still dont feel any huger. Which is a good thing. Things do go down a little easier each day. I start full liq in the morning,I am a little scared. That makes me laugh a little, scared to eat SF pudding. i never thought i would say that. I am down 5lbs this week, and total of 20lbs from pre op to now. Which i am really happy with, I know I might not lose any more till fills. But anything now is great. I still get a little sad at times, missing food. But it is in my head, I just work through it. I stop and think about how amazing it is going to feel not to have to shop in only plus size stores. I have a long way to go, but this is the first time, I am really believe I am going to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to go on a zip line. Every cruise I go on, stops some where that does zip lines. I have never been able to do it because I am over the weight limit. I am hoping to do it next year. well great job on your lose so far.

It's funny, but for me, today has been a bad day. I'm carrying my emotions on my shoulder, which is definately not like me, and I'm really witchy as well. My husband works from home and I so bad just want to tell him to go somewhere... anywhere... and let me have a few hours by myself. Once again, not like me. I called my nurse earlier and she said this was normal... after any surgery... Sure hope it's short lived cause I don't like this me. :) As far as how I physically feel... doing ok. Still some port soreness, but don't feel the other incisions at all. Not really hungry. Having some difficulty with gassiness when I drink the Protein drinks... but til today, was doing really well. Looks like I've lost 10 lbs since surgery day. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and hopefully will start off better.

Hang in there guys, I'm much better than I was in the first week. I too miss food especially pizza. Went to a party today and everyone pigged out on my favorite Pepperoni pizza with Extra cheese. Yummy! I was proud of myself. I ate my 2 oz and was fine. It smelled wonderful, but I reminded myself that I have to sacrifice for a while, get the majority of this weight off and then maybe in 6 months I could too have one piece of pizza.

The band is working for me by helping me stay full and not eat. My goal for the end of 2008 is to be at 355. It was 360 but I'm at 365 now so I think I can make 355. I'm focused and doing well..:thumbup:

Good for you! We were offered pizza at work the other day & I was too scared to eat it - I just ate the cheese off the top since I'm not on full foods yet.

Hi 11/18 banders! I'm feeling better everyday. I've been increasing my time on the treadmill...am now up to 40 minutes. I began mushie stage Tuesday evening. I can home and ate 1/2 lf cottage cheese.< /span>

I spoke to the nutrisionist on Thursday because I just can't stand the smell of the shakes. She said as long as I'm getting 50g of Protein via food, I'm ok.

I bought a Bullet before surgery. Best thing I ever bought. I've "mushed" chicken with broth, and even hamburger w/broth. It was heaven. Didn't look like much but sure tasted great. I'm down 20.5 and am happy with that.

Is anyone taking Urso Forte? My surgeon gave me a script for 6months. Something to do with my gallbladder. They are horse pills....have to crush them and put in apples sauce or pudding...very nasty.

Good luck everyone....we should try to keep in touch. :thumbup:

I think I should clarify my last post. I didn't eat 2 oz. of pizza but my 2 oz. of ham and soft carrots. I did have a little cheese the other day from my wife's pizza and it gave me serious gas. It had to be whole fat cheese, because I've handled the low fat chedder with no problem. But it was a good reminder that I'm not ready for that stuff yet. Good for you. 40 minutes on the treadmill is awesome. I've only gotten up to 20 minutes or so but It's coming. I really prefer the stationary bike but it's hard on the bottom. Those seats are not made for my huge rear.

Hi everyone I was banded on the 18th as well I'm on soft foods. I have no problem chewing so there is no need for my to chopp my food. I tend to eat alot of chicken and Shrimp. it's hard to remeber how much Protein I'm getting in so starting tomorrow I'm going to start recording in in a food Diary.

The one thing I struggle with is getting in all my fluids for the day. My dr. says nothign 30 min before or after a meal. By then I have already forgotten.:girl_hug: so now I walk around with a timer to remind me.:thumbup:

My goal is to be at 235 lbs by New Years. I know in order to continue down I need to stay on track and avoid the foods and the people that can take me down.

Good Luck to all !!!

Heather,

Your stats are great! I very scared about the "normal food" stage. I tend to eat fast...especially when I'm working on something. I got a cube of 2% cheese stuck the other day because I put 1 in my mouth chewed it up...popped another in BUT didn't chew it as well. I just started to hiccup...it was scarey. I'm craving cesar salad and a steak. I really don't have any carb cravings yet....

Heather,

Your stats are great! I very scared about the "normal food" stage. I tend to eat fast...especially when I'm working on something. I got a cube of 2% cheese stuck the other day because I put 1 in my mouth chewed it up...popped another in BUT didn't chew it as well. I just started to hiccup...it was scarey. I'm craving cesar salad and a steak. I really don't have any carb cravings yet....

Thanks yes chewing good is really improtant...lol.. i tend to at while I clean up dinner dishes it helps me put the fork down inbetween meals.:thumbup:

I think we all discover the chewing or not chewing by the pain we experience by not doing so. I was eating something early this week at work, I think it was also string cheese and I went back to my old way of eating very fast and popped in a piece, chewed it maybe 5 times and swallowed and I knew at that point that I didn't chew enough and was like oh no. Too late, let's see what that feels like. Chewing is so important to get to the mushy liquid stage before swallowing. Heck we live and learn. :sad_smile:

Hi everyone. I'm doing much better... and my cry baby day was only one day. Whew! I'm down 25 lbs and tomorrow is 3 weeks. :wink_smile: My doc is happy with me. Last week of pureed foods and then on to mushies. Pureed has been fine for me as I've just been pureeing what I make my husband... good flavor at least. Have a great day!

I am a Nov 18th Bander!

One week of full liquid and two weeks of pureed. Tomorrow I begin the normal diet "that will last me the rest of my life".

My first fill is scheduled for 12/31/2008. I eat between 4-6 oz of food per meal and no snacking inbetween. I do not feel hunger.

Very happy with the band so far. No issues to speak of. I chew slow and follow the doctor/nutritionist orders.

Good luck to all !!! :wink_smile:

Trishcruise....awesome weight loss!!! I'm only down 21.5. I'm walking on the treadmill from 30-40 minutes everyday. Tomorrow will make 1 week of mushies. I really thought I'd be down 25 by now. I'm not hungry. I make myself eat every 4hrs...just finished cream of brocolli Soup. What have you been eating?

I was on liquid for two weeks... and pureed for 2 weeks... still have the rest of this week for that part and then 2 weeks of mushies and on to regular food. On the pureed, I've been having a packet of instant grits for Breakfast, 4 oz of pureed Soup or whatever for lunch and 4 oz of soup or whatever for dinner. Been pureeing whatever I make my husband.. for ex, did a roast in teh slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, peas and green Beans, crm mushroom soup. Take some of that, add a bit of Water to make it more liquid and puree it. Good flavor and stays with me. In between, have to have 4 oz Protein Drink in the morning, afternoon and after dinner. I bought vanilla flavor because I could add flavorings to change it up... I like to put some sugar free, fat free pudding mix in my shake. It thickens it up and tastes really rich... stays with me. Every doc has different specs as to what they'll let you eat... drives me crazy. I've been doing the treadmill or the exercise bike 30 minutes a day... Going to try soon to add some time in the morning and then 30 min at night and go from there. I find if I exercise too long at night that I don't sleep well... Hope that helps. But remember, every body is different. We're not going to lose at the same rate... so be glad of what you've lost and keep at it. It will come off!