Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Tabithan - thanks for your response, yes, I do admit, I do avoid this place when I am doing badly on my diet, etc. I need to report REGARDLESS!!! THANKS for that reminder.

I appreciate the support even during the bad days! Thanks again.

See my next post for yesterdays results/goals met,etc. Thanks

Ibbanded

Hi IB BANDED - I LOVE the new excitement and we are definitely going to support you with this. I love the fact that you have come back and posted and truly recommitted. That you haven't let a "not-so-hot" holiday hold you down. I didnt have the best holiday either - hehehe - but like you, we all came back, and because of that, YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!

In order for us to support you with the goals, we need one committment from you - that you will post here, good or bad, keep us in the loop - the reason it is so important is that when we are not doing so HOT, we (and I am the BEST at this!! lol) avoid LBT like the plague. But avoiding LBT when we are not doing well just extends our "bad food binge" even longer.

So yes, I will support you and everyone will support you. Yipeeeeeee. Way to go IBBANDED - love this!!!

Hi ladies, checking in and reporting yesterdays stats:<TABLE class="ReportletMain Fixed"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=Fixed><TBODY><TR><TD class=Centered><TABLE class=DataTable><TBODY><TR class=Header><TD></TD><TD>Grams</TD><TD>Calories</TD><TD>%-Cals</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=Label>Calories</TD><TD></TD><TD>1,419

</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=Label>Fat</TD><TD>71.1

</TD><TD>640

</TD><TD>44

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR class=SecondaryNutri><TD class=Label>Saturated</TD><TD>0.3

</TD><TD>3

</TD><TD>0

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR class=SecondaryNutri><TD class=Label>Polyunsaturated</TD><TD>0.2

</TD><TD>2

</TD><TD>0

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR class=SecondaryNutri><TD class=Label>Monounsaturated</TD><TD>0.3

</TD><TD>3

</TD><TD>0

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Label>Carbohydrate</TD><TD>144.5

</TD><TD>526

</TD><TD>36

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR class=SecondaryNutri><TD class=Label>Dietary Fiber</TD><TD>14.1

</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=Label>Protein</TD><TD>69.0

</TD><TD>278

</TD><TD>19

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Label>Alcohol</TD><TD>0.0

</TD><TD>0

</TD><TD>0

</TD><TD class=nopad>%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=Spacer></TD><TD><TABLE class="chart Fixed"><TBODY><TR><TD>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNp9j7EKgzAQhvsot7lISGJiTMbqUOgiFOxQpIQaNBAqaIoF0Wev0gpOne5%2BPn7uu7m1hTVDrmvjYFzXTHutYG5tbk3a6M7DeLWVbxQQjlEIJ2Prxm%2Fp4uzD9ApuY6HdyyiII4kSRqggDAvMOJ9C2BinMcJcMCGIlJzEkdhBKhJEJJUMS8oFjmK6gxhN5RLPtlpvzV%2FprNPD82c%2BlSEc27f6I7v015aCYB33VLt%2BeTGYDh90VU51</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=Legend><TBODY><TR><TD>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhyTx02aN5CPIgGHWIiMUd3IFNwd0wkPW3t5pFneYx8%2BZ9b2zpRNgXokYNwyQ5BNO45VhjI9P2GTCYFpmwgsPY0vcAw5mkVRyS7ZpB2j2M10FBuFOis4n%2F2yPVys4Gx%2BBA0nC4jG9k1om%2BWbjuyiBHbxyWlLBEjZU9KryjDD%2BRcampwtmCJt5EkQ%2F1Pfh%2FkV%2BoW70A5aJLBg%3D%3D</TD><TD>Fat

( 44

%)</TD><TD>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhSQy67NE8BHkQjDpExOIO7sCmoBsGsvvbW82iTvOYefO%2B51o6EQ6FqFHDOEkOwTRuOdbYyLR9BgymRSaM4OBa%2Bh5gPJM0ikOyXTNIu0fvdVAQ7pTozMb%2F7ZFqZWaDZXAg2XO4uDcy68TQLFx7ZZCjN45LSliixsocFd5Rhp%2FIuNRU4WzBPk6iyIf6Hvy%2FyC%2FUrl7mT0sI</TD><TD>Carbs

( 36

%)</TD></TR><TR><TD>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhSSq67NE8BHkQjDpExOIOuwOmsLthIPrbW82iTvOYefO%2BNzR0ImxzobCCbpQcgnHcMlRYy6R5BgzGRSqc4DA09D1AdybpNIfVdskgMQ%2FrdZAT7rQwbuP%2F9khKu8nQMziQtBwuwxuZGtHWM7e%2FMsjQG7s5JSywwtIdNd5Rhp%2FIuKioxMmCNl5HkQ%2F1Pfh%2FkV9ov3gB5vxLCg%3D%3D</TD><TD>Protein

( 19

%)</TD><TD>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NBkqguezQPQR4Eow4RsbSDO7Ct4W6YiP72VrOo0zzmvcf7%2BpIOhHXGC1TQDpKBN5xLigVqEZdPL4ThkXDLGfQlfQ1ojySsZLBYz0OIq4dx2ssIN5JXduV6W6RC2jHQhZCik%2B2U83NUeLV7iTcU%2FqcU5YquOEbQRMsgcLUdCcPg1L9Jk4rXesLtziEY2yh0s4LMXfGGAWlFGt24I2T%2FiL843ewFEpRUAA%3D%3D</TD><TD>Alcohol

( 0

%)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I am not crazy :) about that my total calories broke down was fat percentage was 44%, total carb percentage was 36% and Protein percentage was 19%.

Today I am aiming for:

Total fat calories percentage 20%,

Total carb calories percentage 30%

Total Protein calories percentage 50%.

I did get in my 35 minute workout at curves gym :)

I did get in half my Water goal of 84 oz :thumbup:

I did drink my green tea :)

I did not get to walk 20-30 minutes :hurray:

Have a wonderful day! Good luck to us all

We are having our own version of Biggest Loser contest at the Curves Gym where I go. It starts Monday and goes through April 12th, hope I do well.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Edited by ibbanded

Hi ladies, checking in and reporting yesterdays stats:<table class="ReportletMain Fixed"><tbody><tr><td><table class="Fixed"><tbody><tr><td class="Centered"><table class="DataTable"><tbody><tr class="Header"><td>

</td><td>Grams</td><td>Calories</td><td>%-Cals</td><td>

</td></tr><tr><td class="Label">Calories</td><td>

</td><td>1,419

</td><td>

</td><td>

</td></tr><tr><td class="Label">Fat</td><td>71.1

</td><td>640

</td><td>44

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr class="SecondaryNutri"><td class="Label">Saturated</td><td>0.3

</td><td>3

</td><td>0

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr class="SecondaryNutri"><td class="Label">Polyunsaturated</td><td>0.2

</td><td>2

</td><td>0

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr class="SecondaryNutri"><td class="Label">Monounsaturated</td><td>0.3

</td><td>3

</td><td>0

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr><td class="Label">Carbohydrate</td><td>144.5

</td><td>526

</td><td>36

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr class="SecondaryNutri"><td class="Label">Dietary Fiber</td><td>14.1

</td><td>

</td><td>

</td><td>

</td></tr><tr><td class="Label">Protein</td><td>69.0

</td><td>278

</td><td>19

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr><tr><td class="Label">Alcohol</td><td>0.0

</td><td>0

</td><td>0

</td><td class="nopad">%</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="Spacer">

</td><td><table class="chart Fixed"><tbody><tr><td>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNp9j7EKgzAQhvsot7lISGJiTMbqUOgiFOxQpIQaNBAqaIoF0Wev0gpOne5%2BPn7uu7m1hTVDrmvjYFzXTHutYG5tbk3a6M7DeLWVbxQQjlEIJ2Prxm%2Fp4uzD9ApuY6HdyyiII4kSRqggDAvMOJ9C2BinMcJcMCGIlJzEkdhBKhJEJJUMS8oFjmK6gxhN5RLPtlpvzV%2FprNPD82c%2BlSEc27f6I7v015aCYB33VLt%2BeTGYDh90VU51</td></tr><tr><td><table class="Legend"><tbody><tr><td>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhyTx02aN5CPIgGHWIiMUd3IFNwd0wkPW3t5pFneYx8%2BZ9b2zpRNgXokYNwyQ5BNO45VhjI9P2GTCYFpmwgsPY0vcAw5mkVRyS7ZpB2j2M10FBuFOis4n%2F2yPVys4Gx%2BBA0nC4jG9k1om%2BWbjuyiBHbxyWlLBEjZU9KryjDD%2BRcampwtmCJt5EkQ%2F1Pfh%2FkV%2BoW70A5aJLBg%3D%3D</td><td>Fat

( 44

%)</td><td>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhSQy67NE8BHkQjDpExOIO7sCmoBsGsvvbW82iTvOYefO%2B51o6EQ6FqFHDOEkOwTRuOdbYyLR9BgymRSaM4OBa%2Bh5gPJM0ikOyXTNIu0fvdVAQ7pTozMb%2F7ZFqZWaDZXAg2XO4uDcy68TQLFx7ZZCjN45LSliixsocFd5Rhp%2FIuNRU4WzBPk6iyIf6Hvy%2FyC%2FUrl7mT0sI</td><td>Carbs

( 36

%)</td></tr><tr><td>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NhSSq67NE8BHkQjDpExOIOuwOmsLthIPrbW82iTvOYefO%2BNzR0ImxzobCCbpQcgnHcMlRYy6R5BgzGRSqc4DA09D1AdybpNIfVdskgMQ%2FrdZAT7rQwbuP%2F9khKu8nQMziQtBwuwxuZGtHWM7e%2FMsjQG7s5JSywwtIdNd5Rhp%2FIuKioxMmCNl5HkQ%2F1Pfh%2FkV9ov3gB5vxLCg%3D%3D</td><td>Protein

( 19

%)</td><td>DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNpVjkELgkAQhfspc1NBkqguezQPQR4Eow4RsbSDO7Ct4W6YiP72VrOo0zzmvcf7%2BpIOhHXGC1TQDpKBN5xLigVqEZdPL4ThkXDLGfQlfQ1ojySsZLBYz0OIq4dx2ssIN5JXduV6W6RC2jHQhZCik%2B2U83NUeLV7iTcU%2FqcU5YquOEbQRMsgcLUdCcPg1L9Jk4rXesLtziEY2yh0s4LMXfGGAWlFGt24I2T%2FiL843ewFEpRUAA%3D%3D</td><td>Alcohol

( 0

%)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>I am not crazy :) about that my total calories broke down was fat percentage was 44%, total carb percentage was 36% and Protein percentage was 19%.

Today I am aiming for:

I did get in my 35 minute workout at curves gym :)

I did get in half my Water goal of 84 oz :thumbup:

I did drink my green tea :)

I did not get to walk 20-30 minutes :hurray:

We are having our own version of Biggest Loser contest at the Curves Gym where I go. It starts Monday and goes through April 12th, hope I do well.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Please take that with a grain of salt. That looks like a fitday graph. I use it too and love it. Problem is, it isn't always accurate with the breakdown. The other day I had kidney Beans. We cooked them here and I think home-cooked dry kidney Beans showed up when i logged it as having 14g of fat (see below)! Ummmm, no, try 0g of fat. Also, the calories were too high. If anything looks a little off, look at the label of the item you are eating and enter it as a custom food. I have about 20 custom foods I entered that I eat on a regular basis.

Nutrition Facts

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Amount Per Serving

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><table><tbody><tr><td>Calories

</td><td colspan="2">330.3

</td></tr><tr><td>Calories from Fat

</td><td colspan="2">131.3

</td></tr><tr class="Bar2"><td colspan="5">

</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Fat

</td><td class="Amount">14.9

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td>23

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="Minor View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Saturated Fat

</td><td class="Amount">1.9

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td>9

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="Minor View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Polyunsaturated Fat

</td><td class="Amount">7.4

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr class="Minor View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Monounsaturated Fat

</td><td class="Amount">4.8

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Cholesterol

</td><td class="Amount">0.0

</td><td class="Unit">mg

</td><td>0

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Sodium

</td><td class="Amount">344.6

</td><td class="Unit">mg

</td><td>14

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Potassium

</td><td class="Amount">653.1

</td><td class="Unit">mg

</td><td>19

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Carbohydrate

</td><td class="Amount">36.9

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td>12

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="Minor View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Dietary Fiber

</td><td class="Amount">12.0

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td>48

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Protein

</td><td class="Amount">14.0

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td>28

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelRow"><td class="Name">Alcohol

</td><td class="Amount">0.0

</td><td class="Unit">g

</td><td colspan="2"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">

</td></tr><tr><td><table><tbody><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin A

</td><td class="Prct">0

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Calcium

</td><td class="Prct">5

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin D

</td><td class="Prct">0

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Thiamin

</td><td class="Prct">17

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Niacin

</td><td class="Prct">5

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin B6

</td><td class="Prct">10

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Phosphorus

</td><td class="Prct">23

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Selenium

</td><td class="Prct">3

</td><td>%</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td><table><tbody><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin C

</td><td class="Prct">3

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Iron

</td><td class="Prct">27

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin E

</td><td class="Prct">15

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Riboflavin

</td><td class="Prct">6

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Vitamin B12

</td><td class="Prct">0

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Manganese

</td><td class="Prct">39

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Copper

</td><td class="Prct">20

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Magnesium

</td><td class="Prct">18

</td><td>%</td></tr><tr class="View_FoodLabelDvRow"><td class="Name">Zinc

</td><td class="Prct">12

</td><td>%</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Edited by crzytchr

So far, today was a good day for me. Went to Chillis for lunch but i checked their calories online, in advance, so I did a Soup and salad. I get hungry quickly on Soups but i snacked well with my Kashi bars - love and - and some no-sugar-added hot chocolate at 60 calories.

Yesterday was a wierd day. I had a lot of head hunger at night and I did something I havent done in a LONG TIME. At around 11PM I got out of bed and went and got some Cereal and milk. So obviously, i slept real well after probably put all that sugar and milk on my hips since I went to bed RIZGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight, if I feel like I need a midnight snack, I will snack on my sweet baby carrots!!!! :)

Hi girl, just read your post from yesterday. I need to follow your lead and report even the slip ups but you did not do too bad, cereal and milk is not gonna KILL your diet efforts just as long it don't become a daily midnight habit! LOL. I myself could LIVE on cereal and milk but WOA at the carbs on that for me! I am aiming to go lower carb in my diet.

It is good to get to go out to eat and you were so smart for checking your calories and that BEFORE you got to the restaraunt. Great Job! :hurray:

Hang in there and congrats on your recent weight loss, :) I was reading trying to catch up yesterday after being MIA through the holidays.

Again, thanks for your support on this thread and always reminding us why we are here and that this thread is for accountability of all - the good :), the bad :eek: and the ugly :)!

Have a blessed day! :thumbup:

I weighed this morning and since Dec 30th when I restarted I have lost 9 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee Haaaa:thumbup:

Finally losing after a year of regaining lost weight, I pray I can keep this up!!!!

Hope everyones doing well!

I had my lapband surgery July 2007, initally lost 50 lbs., then gained back all of it :thumbup: I am so disappointed with myself. I am back to all my old habits. I just don't know what to do, or should I say....I don't know how to make myself do what I NEED to do. The docs make it sound so easy....exercise and diet. If I were ever good at dieting, I wouldn't have needed the lapband in the first place. HELP!!!

White06 - Are you doing anything specific as far as a diet plan, or just cracking down on yourself?

cherylcovey - I know how you feel. You are not alone. I wish I had suggestions for you but since I'm in the same boat as you - I can't be of much assistance. I too know what I need to do - I just don't do it. And, I don't know why or what it will take to get me to do it.

I weighed this morning and since Dec 30th when I restarted I have lost 9 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee Haaaa:thumbup:

Finally losing after a year of regaining lost weight, I pray I can keep this up!!!!

WOOHOO FOR YOU! That is

A W E S O M E! :thumbup:

Big congrats on that! Keep it up and do share your secrets here wit us! LOL.

Hi Gang,

Just checking in for today. So far, so good. I was really hungry after my frozen dinner today at work. I need to get something that has less sauce so mushy. Last night, I didnt snack on anything by carrots, right before I slept. Was pretty happy. I gained 0.6 lbs 2 days ago and as of today I havent gained or lost, which is perfect!!!!

I still have NOT made it to the gym,...I need help to move my b*tt!!!!!

I am LOVING your success since you joined the band. Your committment is really impressive. Way to go White!!! Just reading this motivates me to keep going....

We TOO shall be successful!!!

I had my lapband surgery July 2007, initally lost 50 lbs., then gained back all of it :thumbup: I am so disappointed with myself. I am back to all my old habits. I just don't know what to do, or should I say....I don't know how to make myself do what I NEED to do. The docs make it sound so easy....exercise and diet. If I were ever good at dieting, I wouldn't have needed the lapband in the first place. HELP!!!

Hi CherylCovey - Welcome, Welcome Welcome!!! We are so glad you have joined us!!!!! With the exception of a couple of people, all of us on this thread were banded, lost weight, then lost committment resulting in either stalled weight loss or weight gain. So we can definitely empathize with your situation.

I think it is important to feel a sense of sadness and disappointment in oneself. I have been there. However, what you do with that emotion, that feeling is what will make ALL the difference. I am not talking as an expert as I too have struggled, gained,and now relosing, but just from the perspective of a fellow struggler.

I'm going to assume that your band is working properly and there are NO band issues, medically par se. if that is the situation, they you may want to try a recommittment to the band. Here are some ideas:

a) Step 1 - the 5 day pouch test. Following this religiously could help you seriously get back on track.

:angry: evaluating why the band is not being successful for you. Being truly honest in this process and acknowledging the role you have played in it.

c) setting specific goals to help you get back on track.

If you decide to join us long term, we wont judge you. This is a judgement free zone. But you will get tough love and celebration along the way. I know that this has helped me reignite my weight loss after 1.5years of no loss/gain.

With that said, what are your goals for the month of January???

Hi girl, just read your post from yesterday. I need to follow your lead and report even the slip ups but you did not do too bad, Cereal and milk is not gonna KILL your diet efforts just as long it don't become a daily midnight habit! LOL. I myself could LIVE on cereal and milk but WOA at the carbs on that for me! I am aiming to go lower carb in my diet.

It is good to get to go out to eat and you were so smart for checking your calories and that BEFORE you got to the restaraunt. Great Job! :wink2:

Hang in there and congrats on your recent weight loss, :cool: I was reading trying to catch up yesterday after being MIA through the holidays.

Again, thanks for your support on this thread and always reminding us why we are here and that this thread is for accountability of all - the good :eek:, the bad :eek: and the ugly :angry:!

Have a blessed day! :thumbup:

Thank you for your KIND support!!!! :) I actually feel encouraged. And it's great having you back!!!!

Hi ladies, checking in and reporting yesterdays stats:<TABLE class="ReportletMain Fixed"><TBODY><TR><TD>

Today I am aiming for:

I did get in my 35 minute workout at curves gym :cool:

I did get in half my Water goal of 84 oz :angry:

I did drink my green tea :eek:

I did not get to walk 20-30 minutes :wink2:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NICE WORK ON THE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up and you will do AWESOME at the biggest loser contest. I envy you on your ability to go to the gym or work out - this is where I am really struggling. havent been in almost a month and i was doing really well before that. So the excercise you are doing...well you shoudbe PROUD.

I need to movitate myself to get to the gym!!!!!!!! How do you motivate yourself???? Tips please?? :thumbup:

YAY someone else who struggles like me!!!!

I am plateau city! I know I am suppose to be loosing around 1.5-2 pounds a week and it just isn't happening. I snack on stupid crap sometimes and I work at a place that makes yummy fruit juices...which as we all know is an occupational hazard and wasted calories.

A support group is a great idea.

Here is how I track calories and protein: I found this great website from someone on here... LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle (not the lance site) I love it because for the most part it calculates EVERYTHING for you. and I love that.

Best wishes to all in this new year!