Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We need the Men's input

Hello Gentlemen,

Alex and I are planning the "2009 East Coast National LAP-BAND" Conference. As your board states "Men get banded too".

We want to know what the men want/need at the conference.

We feel the guys are under served in the community. Here is your chance to have your voice heard.

Please give us your input with suggestions, ideas, wish list and so forth. We are here to help the men as well.

We are looking forward to hearing from each one of you.

Not sure I can make the trip, but something to do with incorporating weightlifting in with your cardio. I am a believer that by increasing your lean muscle to bf% ratio, you will look better/healthier.

On a sidenote, I'm listening to your latest radio talk show and it was great to hear you give a shout out to the Cowboys. I love hearing from real football fans down in TX like yourself and luluc. It gets frustrating up here in Norsland being a Cowboys fan.:thumbup:

While on the topic - we have been chatting in the mens room about the use of Protein and other supplements along the way - perhaps a discussion on that topic (hello sponsors !!).

Sorry, NY Jet fan - although I was in Dallas last Thanksgiving to watch the Cowboys beat up on us....

While on the topic - we have been chatting in the mens room about the use of Protein and other supplements along the way - perhaps a discussion on that topic (hello sponsors !!).

Sorry, NY Jet fan - although I was in Dallas last Thanksgiving to watch the Cowboys beat up on us....

Great suggestion mike.:cursing: Considering I had that problem, I should have thought of that one first.

Even better idea is to see if a company would want to throw some sponsorship $ our way. Even if it was just for that little seminar area.

As for the Jets issue, no biggie there. I can accept a Jets fan way before a Gnats fan. Except for luluc who shows her true colors when the Cowboys play her hometown Gnats.

Except for luluc who shows her true colors when the Cowboys play her hometown Gnats.

now that's not fair.....:cursing:

mike - i was at the game too....this will be my first turkey day not tailgating since getting married to DH (8yrs... he's a HUGE cowboy fan)

now that's not fair.....:unsure:

mike - i was at the game too....this will be my first turkey day not tailgating since getting married to DH (8yrs... he's a HUGE cowboy fan)

But it is true. You even said afterwards you wanted to tease me about the outcome of the game a couple weeks ago. And you knowing all along how upset I would be.:eek::crying::crying::crying:

:cursing:

We had a blast - bunch of college buddies made the trip, and I do have to say - although we were decked out in our green, we were treated very nicely (probably sympathy - and the fact that we were not giant fans). Even got invited to several post game dinners !!

But it is true. You even said afterwards you wanted to tease me about the outcome of the game a couple weeks ago. And you knowing all along how upset I would be.:unsure::crying::eek::crying:

:cursing:

i was kind & didn't rub it in...:tt2:

We had a blast - bunch of college buddies made the trip, and I do have to say - although we were decked out in our green, we were treated very nicely (probably sympathy - and the fact that we were not giant fans). Even got invited to several post game dinners !!

and can you believe it SNOWED???

tailgating on turkey day is SO much fun and at TX stadium it's such a family - giving environment amongst the fans....everyone sharing food , wine , etc.

left NY at 22 - been in TX 15yrs; i WILL root for the boy's, just not when they play the gmen. we have that in our vows..:crying:

**i probably shouldn't have hijacked the thread - but DH is also banded so i'm nosy on his behalf...LOL**

i was kind & didn't rub it in...:eek:

That's only because it took me a couple days to stop crying.:cursing:

Mike, I went to the Vikings/Cowboys game last Oct. down in Dallas. Had a blast. Got invited to numerous tailgating areas to partake in goodies and such. Of course, I was wearing my Cowboys jersey. But, I saw a lot of the Vikings fans being asked too.

Couple years ago, I went to a game up here btwn the same 2 teams and most of the Vikings fans were arses to me. Plus, I had numerous Vikes fans ask me if Rod Woodson was playing that day for the Cowboys. Had to laugh in their faces and tell them Rod Woodson never played for the Cowboys, but Darren Woodson was out for that game.:unsure: If you're going to talk smack, at least know what you're talking about.

Cowboys fans seem to be very nice to opposing fans.

Back on point (and go COWBOYS)

As others mentioned above, a good strength/conditioning/sports nutrition seminar.

But what I would really like to see is a Dress for Success seminar aimed at the guys. For years I wore baggy and oversized and still have a lot of trouble figuring out how to pick out sizes and such. I realize not everyone would care, but I REALLY want to know how to look really freaking sharp in a suit.

Just a thought.

I like the other topics suggested. Here are my two cents.

Having struggled with some social/ psych type issues over the last couple of months, if I could have changed anything it would have been being more prepared for these types of things. For example:

Do you feel like less of a man if you don't clean your plate or eat the biggest steak on the menu.

What to do socially when your in the liquid/mushie stage. I know a huge part of my social life fell off when I couldn't hang at the bar for hours. Never realized how food centered my social world was.

Cooking- 3 or 4 ingredients that take 20 mins or so. Not being sexist just a topic I would like in general