Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 mo preggo and pounds still coming off

Hi everyone .. Im currently 5 months preggo and loving it .. I find out the sex of the baby nov 24.. We are very excited ,,

here is my issue and would like to know if any one else is having the sames issue .. Every week i keep losing 1 or 2 lb .. And at my last doctor visit they told me they wanted me to at least maintain the weight i was at but im still losing the weight and im so not tring to .. I dont stuff myself but i do eat every few hours not a lot because my lap band doc said it wasnt necesary to unfill because i can eat more than usual but i do eat . Im worried that tha baby isnt getting enough food but then again i do have " excess baggage " any coments ?

Anyone going threw the same thing ?

I have also continued to lose post pregnancy, but at a snails pace. When I look back at where I was when I conceived on the chart, I have lost a little over 10 pounds which averages close to a pound a week. But I can tell you that most of that loss was in the first 2 months because it has probably only been 2 pounds total lost in the last month.

I am definitely eating more but trying to keep it healthy. My doctor isn't worried yet because small weight changes in either direction are no big deal in the first trimester.

She said I only need an extra 300 calories a day to support the baby and proteins/veggies/fruit/milk etc are the best choices (I think she was also saying indirectly that 300 of chips or ice cream are probably not doing the baby any special favors, lol).

I think you are lucky to still be losing at 5 months out as long as you are maintaining the health of you and your baby by eating healthy.

You are also still in the early days of banding and must have gotten pregnant in the first few months - continuing loss is not unusual. It becomes harder to lose once you are getting close to goal, I can personally attest to that. There comes a point where every pound loss becomes a battle, lol. Just think how easy it will be to continue losing once the baby comes :0). Thank goodness for banding and congrats on the new baby.

If they say the baby is healthy, I wouldn't worry too much (in fact, I'd feel lucky!!!). I've read in some pregnancy literature that some people can lose, and then in the last couple of months they put on the weight, everyone gains differently.

Also, after reading Heather's post.. I just looked at your weight, and I'd say you're enough overweight that it would be hard not to be losing right now with the band..

My first two children were pre-band, obviously, and I didn't gain much weight. With my first, I didn't gain anything until I was about 20-22 weeks, then only gained about 18-19 lbs. With my second, I gained 10 lbs pretty quickly, found out I had gestational diabetes, and was put on the diet for that and lost those 10 lbs plus a few more. I came out right about where I started with her. Since there is no malabsorption with the band, my OB doesn't have a problem with me losing a little more weight during the pregnancy, as I have plenty to spare still. He said 10-15 lbs would be ok. We'll see. I'm starving all the time, eating way more than I was pre-pregnancy, and just maintaining.

I went through the same thing. I had a very hard time maintaining my weight. Because of other complications, my doctor told me he needed me to gain weight (even though I'm still overweight--204 before pregnancy). I couldn't do it with the band, no matter how hard I tried (and, believe me, I got SOOO tired of eating!! How weird is that!)

At about 20 weeks, my band tightened and I couldn't even keep fluids down so I went in for an unfill. Well, turns out my port was flipped.

They had to do surgery (no anesthesia!) to rectify the situation. I am now 26 weeks pregnant and have gained about 21 pounds. It's on the high side, but I'm not TOO worried yet. We'll see how I feel when I get closer to my due date (February 25th).

I am starving all the time and have gained 20lbs now since finding out in August.. 18 weeks today. :/

Wanna swap?

Than you all for the comments .. I feal a little better knowing im not the only one with this issue ... Thanks again ...

Ill keep ya posted as time goes by to see if i gaind or lost more ..

I do have about 120lb to my goal weight ... Lol but i rather have a healthy baby right now ..

Thanks again

i was losing at a very rapid pace as well... i think it has to do with metabolism kick-start for me...

i am now completely unfilled and EATING.... i have an appointment tomorrow - glucose test (fun) and i'm 99% positive i've gained at least 5-7 pounds....