Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you breath deeply

Hello Everybody, I am wondering. Is anybody having problems breathing deeply. Lately, I have been experiencing this problem. I try to take a deep breath and it's like I can't. I try not to go into panic mode and then really fall out. :eek:After about 2 or 3 tries, then my diaphram opens up. :huh2:What is this all about? I haven't had any fills.

I felt like that after surgery for about 3-4 days. I was able to breathe deeply, but it hurt like I had smoked 3 packs of cigarettes. Did they send you home with that little plastic breathing thing. Theone where the ball goes up when you inhale from the tube? That should strengthen your lungs, otherwise call the doctor.

Thank you guys for the response. Jack I'm not experiencing any pains with these breathing episodes. Thank God!

LipStix, yes I have one of the breathing thingies. I've been using it but not as often as I should. The first few times I couldn't get the ball pass 1500. As I healed, I am now able to get it up to my 2700, which is the number the OR Nurse gave me as my goal. So I don'tknow, I'll see how it goes. If it doesn't get any better, I'll see my Primary Doctor. Thanks Guys