Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about 6wks out and had no complications. food goes down good, no sticking that I can tell of. I have developed bad pain by my right shoulder blade. Thought it was pull muscle, but, days later will not go away. Spok to doctor and said I might be too tight. I have not had a fill yet, I have 5cc in 10cc band (from surgery), have not experienced this pain prior, so I find it hard to believe I am too tight. Thougth it was maybe gas, tried mylanta and Gas X to no help. Is it possible to have a stuck or partial stuck and not realize it? HELP PLEASE!!

HI

Did you get the 6cc put in your band at surgery or when. I had shoulder pain immeditaly in recovery room and I still have occasionally. There is a nerve close to the area they put the band and the band irritates it, if you eat to much it also irritates it. It is refered pain. There is not much you can do about it. Mine was pretty bad for first 2 months, has gotten better, but still bothers me. Heat packs help. Gas X none of that stuff helps, cuz it is from the nerver and refering pain. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, the 5cc were from surgery. I am afraid to get fill at this point.

I'm kind of concerned for you, because I work in surgery where we do bands and had mine done at my work and I have never heard or had anyone put Fluid in band with the surgery. Where did you have the surgery? Have you talked to your doctor. I don't mean to be negative at you, but in the post op phase your sutures have to heal around the band and shouldn't have any pressure on it for several weeks before a fill. Hope you are doing okay.

Concerned Bander

I see the doctor on Monday, they said he normally puts some in during surgery. I have seen him post op before and had not had any pain until now.

Gman: I had the exact same problem! It was horrible! The only thing that worked for me is when they removed some fill. I had no problem with food going down either. I was very worried about gaining weight so I put it off for to long. If I would have known what I know now I would have done it sooner. I had some removed, then 6 weeks later they put back in exactly what they took out, and I never had the problem again. Doctor has no clue to this day why, but it worked. Good Luck!

Actually, after I got it removed it was almost immediately. Before that I was really considering whether I could live with that pain. Trust me, when it's gone you are going to feel like a million bucks. Good Luck and let me know how everything turns out. I truly feel for you cuz I know how horrible it is. Good Luck.