Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Out and Losing Faith

Hello All!

Can someone please help!! I am 6 months post op, and I was doing really well, I started at 340lbs, and am currently bouncing between 275-280lbs.

My problem is, that it seems all I want to do is eat everything that is bad for me recently. Cookies, ice cream, chocolate. . . ARRRGGGHHHH!

Is this something normal that everyone banded goes through? Is it like the 6 month itch or something?

Everyday I tell myself that I am going to get back on track, that I'm only going to eat my Proteins, and well balanced meals, in the portions I am supposed to be eating. But then I see something and just crave it, and eventually end up having it.

Also, the last time I went to my surgeon, he said I was over-filled and took Fluid out; now it seems I can eat as much as I want. I want to go and get another fill, but I am scared because I haven't lost any more weight since my last visit (well, maybe 5lbs).

Anyone who can give me advice, I will greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason,

Good work on your progress so far, congratulations on your loss. Do you realize you have lost the weight of a small child??? Sounds like your Doc took out a little too much and the temptation to eat the empty calories is getting to you. Once you get another fill you should be OK. Even if I choose to eat the wrong thing, I eat such a small amount that I don't gain and I am still satisfied. Just remember your doc is your employee and he works for you. It is to his benefit to have you telling good stories about him so he should work with you not against you. I think everyone that is overweight thinks the doc will just belittle you for being over weight, after all that was the cause of all your previous problems, that's what we have been told. But this is different and things should turn around for you soon. Good luck on your journey, you have such a good start.

Sally

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I really needed that. I think I desperately need a fill. I can really eat any amount, and that scares me. I am going to call tomorrow morning!

You have done a great job...Please do call you doctor tomorrow....that's why you have the band...to control those urges and the band will limit the amount you eat if you are eating whatever you want. I went through the same thing and the great thing about restriction is it controls the amount I can eat....now the bad calories or "empty" calories are another thing.....but I think if you have some good restriction, your choices will probably be better because the amount will decrease that you can eat.....knowing you are wide open and can eat anything you want can be dangerous for us....but my goodness you have done a fantastic job at losing 60 pounds.....just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over again....you CAN DO IT.....you have already proved that. Good luck and let us know what the doctor says.....:rolleyes2:

Keep up the good fight Jason! Don't lose sight of the fact that you've averaged better than 10lbs a month in your weight loss - that's awesome!

Brad

Thank you to everyone for the words of faith!! It is so helpful! I will certainly let everyone know when I get my appointment and how it goes after. I know I have done well, but I can't help but think I could be doing better. I thought maybe since I was six months out, that there was like a period where you kinda fall off the wagon and need a kick in the butt to get back on. But thank you all again for for the comforting words!!

I just wanted to encourage you, you should not ever be afraid to call your dr. They're there to help you. They want the best for you. You, or your insurance company, pay them a lot of money to help you get to your goal. You've done wonderfully, but I see you want more... so just work with your dr.

Good luck

teri

One of the biggest mistakes we can make, is not going back to the doctor because we didn't lose, or gained weight. That is when we need them most!

Good luck.

This advice has been so great for me! I have an appointment with my doctor on November 20th! I measured my food for tonight, and I am bound and determined to get back on track! Thank you everyone for your wonderful encouragement and support!!

*HUGS*

Jason

This advice has been so great for me! I have an appointment with my doctor on November 20th! I measured my food for tonight, and I am bound and determined to get back on track! Thank you everyone for your wonderful encouragement and support!!

*HUGS*

Jason

Hang in there buddy...NEVER give up! We all slip, don't beat yourself up over it. I think getting the refill will make a big change for you.

Hang in there buddy...NEVER give up! We all slip, don't beat yourself up over it. I think getting the refill will make a big change for you.

good luck on your surgery. it is a walk in the park. when I woke up I wanted to ask them if they really did anything, I had liquid pain meds but only needed couple of tylenol. also when they say don't eat and drink at the same time believe them lololol any way good luck and god bless