Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I don't know about anyone else, but I would be afraid to do an unfil.

How exactly does the remote work?

I'm with you delivered... not sure I could do that, but I guess in a desperate situation I could make it happen. I am a nurse and have had to give myself allergy shots in the past (in my stomach) and those just went into the fat and that was so hard to actually put that tiny needle in myself. The remote sounds quite interesting - is that something that will work with our current bands/ports? How does that work? I am curious, as I sure dread fill/unfill time because of the needle!

I'm with you delivered... not sure I could do that, but I guess in a desperate situation I could make it happen. I am a nurse and have had to give myself allergy shots in the past (in my stomach) and those just went into the fat and that was so hard to actually put that tiny needle in myself. The remote sounds quite interesting - is that something that will work with our current bands/ports? How does that work? I am curious, as I sure dread fill/unfill time because of the needle!

No, unfortunately, it'll be a new band. Apparently instead of a port, you have some sort of 'reserve' that has your saline in it. Basically, he said it has a tighten button and a loosen button and pumps the saline to the band or away. Interesting concept, guess we're just stuck being pioneers......but look at it this way, by the time that thing is on the market we'll all have been skinny for years!!

I am concerned after getting another fill today and knowing I am flying from Florida to San Diego in 3 weeks. How was flying for you? How many cc's do you have? My doc knows I am going and thinks all will be fine. But I worry:bored:

I flew from AZ to New Orleans a couple weeks before the big trip with no problems. I really had no problems with the long trip to Africa. I flew Phx to Atlanta and then a 12.5 hr flight and I was fine. I am not sure how many cc's I have. I only have had 2 fills, the last one was mid Feb. I think I have around 5.5 in a 10 cc band. You should have no problems with that flight. Just stick to liquids while you are flying ust in case!

Emergency Needle? Please tell me more, the curiostiy is kiiing me.

My Dr wanted me to have a complete unfill because of where I was going. I didn't want to do that for all of the obvious reasons including financial. So, he gave me the needle and syringe. I do not believe I would be able to give myself an unfill! He told me if I needed to go to a hospital there, to tell them to access the port like a mediport as it is just the same and everyone is familiar with that. And then they could probably help me. He showed me where he had just inserted the needle, etc.

Edited by jms462001
err

My Dr wanted me to have a complete unfill because of where I was going. I didn't want to do that for all of the obvious reasons including financial. So, he gave me the needle and syringe. I do not believe I would be able to give myself an unfill! He told me if I needed to go to a hospital there, to tell them to access the port like a mediport as it is just the same and everyone is familiar with that. And then they could probably help me. He showed me where he had just inserted the needle, etc.

Is there some sort of issue with flying? Or is it just that you're so far away from home?

Is there some sort of issue with flying? Or is it just that you're so far away from home?

The change in altitude can cause the band to tighten I believe. It seems to effect some more than others. Traveling can be a problem if you get in an emergency situation where you might need an unfill and you are in a place with no medical facilities or in a country where they would have no clue what to do with a lapband such as where I was.

I flew from AZ to New Orleans a couple weeks before the big trip with no problems. I really had no problems with the long trip to Africa. I flew Phx to Atlanta and then a 12.5 hr flight and I was fine. I am not sure how many cc's I have. I only have had 2 fills, the last one was mid Feb. I think I have around 5.5 in a 10 cc band. You should have no problems with that flight. Just stick to liquids while you are flying ust in case!

Thanks for the response, I havent had any issues with the last fill so I am going with it and we begin our flight at 7:00am so I will just stick to liquids until we get there.

Thanks again

I am having an upper endoscopy on May 12 to see what is causing all my throwing up. I throw up daily, especially around dinner time. I have had 2 surgeries since nov 5. I have lost 25 lbs so far. I want to see if it is slipped or what is the matter. I need answers.

I am having an upper endoscopy on May 12 to see what is causing all my throwing up. I throw up daily, especially around dinner time. I have had 2 surgeries since nov 5. I have lost 25 lbs so far. I want to see if it is slipped or what is the matter. I need answers.

I'm glad you are having it checked out. You have had too many problems in a short period of time. I sure hope they figure it out and it's nothing serious. Do you feel ok up until dinner time? I have not had much appetite lately and have not been really eating as I should be which leaves me with not enough energy. I'm trying to do better! Good luck to you with the test!

Thanks for the response, I havent had any issues with the last fill so I am going with it and we begin our flight at 7:00am so I will just stick to liquids until we get there.

Thanks again

You should do fine!! Have fun!!

Hi Notorious Novembers,

Just had to check in and report that I'm doing well - finally below 230 for the first time in at least 10 years, continuing to walk and lose inches, and I'm feeling great!

Now if I can just get this blood sugar under control and get off the diabetes meds, I'll be a very happy camper!:unsure:

Hi mom2two

I to have a problem at dinner time. I think perhaps I am eating more than a cup of food at that time. Perhaps because i am talking to my husband I don't get the full signal. Something I will watch this week.Morning and lunch are just fine for me. good luck

Kirsty49

Hi Notorious Novembers,

Just had to check in and report that I'm doing well - finally below 230 for the first time in at least 10 years, continuing to walk and lose inches, and I'm feeling great!

Now if I can just get this blood sugar under control and get off the diabetes meds, I'll be a very happy camper!:thumbdown:

Thats Awesome EbonyRose! Keep up the good work! I have been away from the gym for about a week. I had a really bad episode of the stomach flu that had me down and out for about 4 or 5 days but my plan is to be back at the gym tomorrow morning bright in early at 5:30 and get this show back on the road!

I HAVE A DELIMMA!!!!!

Ok Novembers, heres the deal. I'm in a wedding in October (6months away) but the dresses have to ordered like within the next week. The dresses will take anywhere from 3-4 months to arrive which is why they have to ordered so early. What in the worl am I supossed to do? The dresses can be altered only 2 sizes down. So what do I do? I took my measurements and according to the bridal consultant I'm slightly smaller than the size 18 dress....but with only room to to alter 2 sizes....I am so frustrated. I know I'm not going to order the 18, but how small to go with out completely sabotaging myself? Any suggestions! Advice?!?!?!?