Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I think I need an unfill. I had my first fill ever on wed and my dr added 4.5 to my 10 midband during my port revision when I was asleep. I cannot keep anything down hardly even liquids. Will it subside in a few days or should I will call his office tomorrow and get the fill taken out. I hate this.

I would definitely call the Dr and let him know what is going on, and until you can do that I would try only liquids in small amounts to see if that will stay down. It sounds like he was a bit aggressive if that was your first fill. I have 3cc in my 10cc band and have had 3 fills (banded 11/11) and in the mornings I am quite tight. Good luck!

6.9 cc seems to be a very good spot for me so far. I have great restriction, can eat pretty much anything but definitely have to slow down. I am super tight in the morning...even yogurt goes through really slowly. My morning cup of coffee helps loosen things up. Tracking on mydailyplate.com is helping me a lot and I naturally am eating 950-1150 calories per day without even thinking about it. Yesterday I actually FORGOT to eat lunch. Me. Forgot to eat. Who would have ever thought that was possible?

So right now, I am very happy with this fill. It remains to be seen if I will need another tweak in a couple of weeks.

6.9 cc seems to be a very good spot for me so far. I have great restriction, can eat pretty much anything but definitely have to slow down. I am super tight in the morning...even yogurt goes through really slowly. My morning cup of coffee helps loosen things up. Tracking on mydailyplate.com is helping me a lot and I naturally am eating 950-1150 calories per day without even thinking about it. Yesterday I actually FORGOT to eat lunch. Me. Forgot to eat. Who would have ever thought that was possible?

So right now, I am very happy with this fill. It remains to be seen if I will need another tweak in a couple of weeks.

HEy gentlywind,

I know before you mentioned of your Doc's aggressive fill strategy.....I'm curious about that as our surgery dates are very close?? PM me if you want.....I just had another fill on this Wednesday (total 4cc's) that was originally pretty tight but now seems looser? I was wondering to if it is time for me to start paying more attention to calorie counting as my weightloss has come to a standstill?

Thanks for any advice!!:rolleyes:

HEy gentlywind,

I know before you mentioned of your Doc's aggressive fill strategy.....I'm curious about that as our surgery dates are very close?? PM me if you want.....I just had another fill on this Wednesday (total 4cc's) that was originally pretty tight but now seems looser? I was wondering to if it is time for me to start paying more attention to calorie counting as my weightloss has come to a standstill?

Thanks for any advice!!:biggrin:

My first two fills were 3.4cc and 0.8cc. Each only lasted a week or two before I felt little to no restriction again. This 3rd fill (which I got on Friday) was 1.05cc, bringing me to a total of 5.25cc in a 10cc band. Saturday I felt I could chew off my arm, but Sunday I had good restriction and that has continued into today. I'm hoping for much longer than a week or two this time! I think the first few fills only last a week or two. It's not until you get up to 5cc or more that you really start to feel good restriction for a long period of time. My doctor says I'm at the point now where most people say they maintain restriction for more than just a few weeks. I hope so!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Notorious Novembers,

I'm getting caught up on all the messages - I think I need to go for another fill. I had one iin early January, a little over 5 weeks ago, and felt some restriction early on, but by the two-week point, I didn't feel it any more. :biggrin:

I think I'm still eating too much - I've only lost a couple of pounds since the fill, and that's not enough (or at least I don't think so). I still feel hungry - all the time, it seems - and I'm being pretty good about not drinking with my meals.

I have PB'ed a couple of times when I took too big a bite of something (usually because I waited too long to eat) but otherwise, I don't feel a lot of restriction.:cursing:

I've not been the best with my workouts, though I have gotten back to walking again more regularly now that the bitter cold days seem to be gone. January was a bad month exercise-wise.

Perhaps I'll try to be really good this week and see how it goes - if I can't make something move soon, though, I will schedule another fill and see if that does it. It's mostly the hunger that is distressing me - I feel hungry ALL THE TIME, and I'm not good at fighting the hunger (it's why I needed the band in the first place!).

I don't eat the same things I would have pre-band, but I still am getting too many calories. I track them via an application called "Lose It" on my iPhone, and it has me limited to approx 1600 cal per day. I think I'm eating too much and will try to back it down this week.

All suggestions / head checks welcome!:rolleyes:

My first two fills were 3.4cc and 0.8cc. Each only lasted a week or two before I felt little to no restriction again. This 3rd fill (which I got on Friday) was 1.05cc, bringing me to a total of 5.25cc in a 10cc band. Saturday I felt I could chew off my arm, but Sunday I had good restriction and that has continued into today. I'm hoping for much longer than a week or two this time! I think the first few fills only last a week or two. It's not until you get up to 5cc or more that you really start to feel good restriction for a long period of time. My doctor says I'm at the point now where most people say they maintain restriction for more than just a few weeks. I hope so!!! :rolleyes:

Hey thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!!sounds like I'm getting closer to that "sweet" spot!!:biggrin:

:tongue:thanks for all the good advice I have not hit the sweet spot yet. I have a 9cc band and have 3.7 in it. I go back on March 3rd and I hope to get restriction then. I get the odd BP(2 times) if I eat fast because I am hungry other than that nothing.

Kirsty49

:lol:I am going crazy trying to update my ticker can anyone help me. I click on it and nothing happens. I try going into ticker factory.com and can't find an update page.

Thanks

Kirsty49

I went for an unfill today. I had 2.o removed so there is now 2.5 in my band. I can finally keep down liquids. I lost 5 lbs over the weekend cause couldnt eat. I geel much better.

Hey Notorious Novembers,

I'm getting caught up on all the messages - I think I need to go for another fill. I had one iin early January, a little over 5 weeks ago, and felt some restriction early on, but by the two-week point, I didn't feel it any more. :tongue2:

I think I'm still eating too much - I've only lost a couple of pounds since the fill, and that's not enough (or at least I don't think so). I still feel hungry - all the time, it seems - and I'm being pretty good about not drinking with my meals.

I have PB'ed a couple of times when I took too big a bite of something (usually because I waited too long to eat) but otherwise, I don't feel a lot of restriction.:biggrin:

I've not been the best with my workouts, though I have gotten back to walking again more regularly now that the bitter cold days seem to be gone. January was a bad month exercise-wise.

Perhaps I'll try to be really good this week and see how it goes - if I can't make something move soon, though, I will schedule another fill and see if that does it. It's mostly the hunger that is distressing me - I feel hungry ALL THE TIME, and I'm not good at fighting the hunger (it's why I needed the band in the first place!).

I don't eat the same things I would have pre-band, but I still am getting too many calories. I track them via an application called "Lose It" on my iPhone, and it has me limited to approx 1600 cal per day. I think I'm eating too much and will try to back it down this week.

All suggestions / head checks welcome!:rose:

You probably do need another fill, but you are right on target with your weight loss according to my Dr.!

HEy gentlywind,

Thanks for any advice!!:tongue2:

Well, he believes the first year is the magic window with the band. That after the first year, weight loss doesn't stop, but it does slow dramatically. He wants to take advantage of the first year by getting to the sweet spot as soon as is safely possible.

When my surgeon's office does the fills, they draw out of course to see how much is in there. Then as they push the Fluid back in and add some, they let loose on the plunger here and there to see when the stomach muscle "pushes back" on the syringe. When it pushes fluid back out, the point that it stops is where the fill stops. On my first fill it was 2 cc. Second fill was 1.5 cc. Third fill was 0.6 cc but he didn't like how slow the Water went through, so he took 0.2 cc back out. My weight loss is not any more dramatic than anyone else's, but its on par.

And yes, watching calories is a good idea. I love using www.mydailyplate.com to track what I am eating. It helps me notice when I am slipping into a habit of eating slider foods or making poor choices based on stress. I do not lose at all if I don't track what I eat.

I went for an unfill today. I had 2.o removed so there is now 2.5 in my band. I can finally keep down liquids. I lost 5 lbs over the weekend cause couldnt eat. I geel much better.

Oh, yikes! I'm glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like it was not a fun weekend for you.:tongue2:

Hi everybody! I had my third fill last Friday, only 1 cc, which brought me up to 8 ccs. I'm not feeling it. Sucks. However, I have lost three pounds since then, but it's just willpower. I may be one of those that have to have it cranked all the way down. Guess we'll see. I got my Bodybugg Tuesday...it's awesome! Really lets you know what more you need to do to stay at that deficit. I had looked at all those websites that tell you how many calories your body burns in a day, just functioning....well, guess what, they were wrong...big time! They said just functioning I would burn anywhere from 2900 to 4000 calories a day--not even close according to the bodybugg. 2900 calories if I go to the gym for an hour, and take an hour walk and clean house for an hour. It was definitely eye opening to see that.