Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I guess I didn't even make the cut. I am not even on the spreadsheet. :biggrin:
Sista please add me

H:285

Current: 241

Preop:265

Surgery weight:262:

Goal: 150

If you go to the NEW Weight Loss Spreadsheet thread that she made, you can post your updates there and she'll make sure they get on the spreadsheet. She posted the link a few posts up, or you can find it on the main page of the November 2008 forum. She might not get the information updated unless you post it in the actual Spreadsheet thread. ;)

Please post your weights at info to the following thread. I can update everyone but can't collect from three different threads. Thanks!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f283/new-notorious-novembers-weightloss-spreadsheet-83651/

I WILL NOT BE TAKING WEIGHTS FROM THIS THREAD AFTER THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE LINK ABOVE.

I was banded on 11/5/08 and feel GREAT! I have lost 41 pounds (this includes the Atkins Diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery). I can actually go up a flight (or two) of stairs without even thinking about it! I had my first fill 5 days ago - doc said there was 2 cc's in my band already - he added 2 more (I have an 8cc band). I'm very surprised that I don't feel any additional restriction with the fill???

Has anyone else had this reaction? I'm not scheduled to go back to doc until mid Feb 09 - should I just hang in there or call and see about getting an additional fill sooner? Thanks for the help! K

I was banded on November 24, 2008. I'm trying to keep my diet mostly Protein, but it's really difficult when Breakfast is oatmeal or grits. I'm just getting out of the "mushies" stage and will be going to semi-solids this week. I've had some other foods, which were chewed to the point of "puree" and have not had any problems so far.

I can hardly wait for my first fill on January 9, 2009. I don't have any noticable restriction right now, but it does get a little "tight" or uncomfortable after eating or drinking a certain amount. Is this restriction, or just the feeling of a full pouch?

Oh, I started seeing my doctor at 251 lbs, lost 10 pounds pre-op and another 20 or so post-op. No complaints, just starting to get really hungry now and was really getting bored with the limited diet options pre and post op.

Steve

Hello...I haven't posted here in a while. I was banded on 11/3 and so far am down 20lbs. I can almost eat anything ...except bread! I feel great... I know I am eating more than i should be and my exercise is down again. I am having problems w/ my feet again. I seem to be in a catch 22 with my feet. I need exercise to lose weight but I need to lose weight before my feet will stop hurting! LOL what can you do! I just have to grin and bare the pain for now and hope it will go away when my weight goes down. But other than that I feel pretty darn good! I quit smoking 10 months ago and now losing weight I can really tell a difference in my over all health!

I had my first fill on Dec 1st. I got a 3 cc fill. I go back early in Jan for another fill. I am ready, I hope this next fill really makes a difference. I am ready to see some major changes in my weight loss. I am going to join a walking club in Jan as well.

Sounds like everyone is doing faily well! I hope this new year is going to bring a wonderful change in us all!

I have no fills yet and I have restriction. If I overeat at all or eat too fast, I throw up. There is no cheating for me or I pay for it.

Heather, thanks so much for mentioning my-calorie-counter.com. I started using it yesterday and I love it! I've been trying to keep track of all that stuff, but this makes it SO much easier. I try to use the computer to due almost everything that I can, because I am so disorganized with papers. If it's on paper or in a notebook, I'm going to lose it. I knew that there were websites out there that could help with this stuff, but hadn't found one that I liked. Not that I had looked all that hard. LOL!

I don't know what I would do without my fellow bandsters! You guys are the best. *sniff*

I get my first fill today. They didn't tell me to do anything to prepare for it...is there anything I should know? I have 24 hours of liquids after then back to a soft food diet for one day, then normal diet again. I am kinda nervous! The scale is steady, my clothes are loose, life is good. I am ready for this fill.

I am pleased to say I have never yet had a PB, stuck episode or vomited. I hope I keep that up!

Ginny, No problem!! Glad I can help!!! I love it because if you can't find the food you can enter it yourself !! I'm really good about it Monday through Friday.. SAT & Sun are tough so I write it down on a post it note and attact it to the computer.

I have a question for those of you who have had your 1st fill..... I just had 4cc put in a 14 cc Band. The Dr. said he didn't see much restriction on the xray but to me I feel something. I can handle 3- 3 1/2 oz at a meal and that is max more than that really makes me sick to my stomach. He asked me 2x if I wanted more and most people don't feel restrictionon their first fill!!! So my question is should I have more put in??? Should I wait till I'm ready to eat everything not nailed down? Is that what it's like to need a fill. I was very fortunate to be ok between my surgery date and last week so I'm not sure what I'm looking for??? Confused:huh2:

I wasn't sure what I was looking for at my first fill either....until I was too full. In my opinion, it is better to err on the side of being a tad bit under filled than over filled. Being too tight is awful business and makes you miserable.

Heather, if you are satisfied at 3-3.5 oz of food, it sounds to me like you are in a good place! Just let him know you may go back to see him in a couple of weeks if you start to find it inadequate maybe?

I just got back from my first fill. Not a piece of cake, but not horrible. He had a little trouble getting the needle lined up right to access my port. No pain though, just a lot of pressure. Finally he got it in, and gave me 2 cc, which gives me 5 cc in my 10 cc band. He said the way he judges if its "enough" of a fill is when he lets go of the plunger on the syringe, it "pushing back" and kicked some of the Fluid back out (about .2 cc). That happened for me at 2 cc added and I had 3 cc still in there from the surgery itself. I am on fluids for 24 hours now...sipping a chocolate Protein shake and feeling fine. He had me make an appointment for two weeks, told me I can cancel it if I have good restriction and am losing, but to come in at that time for another fill if not. And he said to come back in four weeks no matter what just for a follow up visit, even if I don't need a fill.

Edited by gentylwind

I think I had my first pb episode yesterday....I'm not sure.

We had just gotten back from the grocery store and I was putting food in the fridge. I really got a little too hungry. I opened up a package of turkey pepperoni and had a few slices. They would not go down! I thought I'd chewed but guess it wasn't enought. I started to hiccup but had the stuffy feeling in my chest. Finally went to the bathroom and tried to get it up...the only thing that would come up was a lot of clear phlem....and boy did it come up. After another few minutes, I felt the pepperoni pass thru...this was very scarey. I don't even have a fill yet. Has this happened to anyone else? I was banded 11/18.

Hey hockeyson, that happens to me too. My surgery was on 11/12 no fill until tomorrow and if i eat somethign and don't chew it up just right it feels like it's right in my chest, and drinking Water only makes it feel like it's coming up higher. eventually it goes down, but i have to be pretty carefull what i eat especially in the mornings. I'm learning what does it and what doesn't, but it's a very uncomfortable process. I'm nervous about the fill because of that, but i hopefully will learn to eat slower and smaller bites and better things and maybe it'll stop. Good luck :smile:

Amber, thanks for letting me know it's not just me! I see my surgeon 12/29. I'm not sure I'll get a fill at that time. I'm still doing ok with eating every 4 hrs or so. I've lost 23.5 pounds (6 were pre-op). I too am not hungry in the morning...I feel very tight. It's sometimes difficult for me to eat before 9am and I'm up at 5 and at work by 7. BUT I'm pretty hungry when I get home. I have an hour commute each way. At first I was drinking my Protein Shake on the way home but if I get stuck in traffic, I barely make it home :smile:. Any suggestions?