Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im McGreedy, nice to meet ya

:thumbup: Hi yall

i hope you are all doing well. I have mentioned this before but i used to be frustrated with my band bc i thought i wasnt restricted enough at like 7.5. well all of a sudden i am getting restriction. could be better but i dont want to push it yet

so i cant eat as much but i still manage to eat untill i pop or slime. just now i ate most of a medium chicken chili Soup from Hale and Hearty (off the hook btw) and most (basically all) of a 99 cents bag (1.78 ounce i think) lays chips (an individual bag not the big one). So im stuffed to the gills.

i cant seem to go below 242 pounds even though i go to the gym (i wonder why)...i just needed to vent :lol::):lol:

ps i love smily faces

have you contacted your doctor? the simptoms of needing a adjment is eating more and weight plate. i am eating more and weight plate for about a week and i called to get a adjment.

hi congrats on feeling restriction but im alittle concerned on how ur eating?? u should only be eatin 1/2 to 1 cup of food per sitting (3 meals and 3 sf snacks) as per my doc...u shouldnt stuff urself u should eat til ur comfortable..chicken chili sounds good but why didnt u get a small why did u get a medium? and my next question is why are u eating chips? u have to watch what u eat that could be why ur not losing weight (your overeating) now i dont know what u eat everyday but from what u just told us it sounds too much..yes ur exercising but are u burnin enough calories?? im sorry to sound mean but this is a TOOL not a miracle u have to work with it and what u ate sounds like ur workin the wrong way..i hope this site can help u get back on the bandwagon and start eating healthier...good luck

I am at the same weight as you, I was banded 7/29 have lost 40 lbs, I am also eating too much, till I am way full. I know I need to cut back, but my fight with food is always going on in my head. I also go to the YMCA 6 days a week, I am happy with the my weight loss and cannot backslide. I have had 3 fills, i think I am at 5.3 ccs, I get really really full. that isnt my problem, it is stuffing myself too much. I havent lost any weight in a week, it is my own fault.

Kirsty im sorry ur goin thro this...food is an addiction and we all had this done because we have one...talk to ur DOC or NUT and tell them exactly how u feel..the more u over eat the more ur stretchin ur pouch...the reason i got lapband done was because i like the fact u can get adjustments not like GB where u have a small pouch and thats it..u can get urself back on the band wagon and start fresh stick to 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food or 2 to 4oz of food and the weight will start comin off again!...good luck

hi congrats on feeling restriction but im alittle concerned on how ur eating?? u should only be eatin 1/2 to 1 cup of food per sitting (3 meals and 3 sf snacks) as per my doc...u shouldnt stuff urself u should eat til ur comfortable..chicken chili sounds good but why didnt u get a small why did u get a medium? and my next question is why are u eating chips? u have to watch what u eat that could be why ur not losing weight (your overeating) now i dont know what u eat everyday but from what u just told us it sounds too much..yes ur exercising but are u burnin enough calories?? im sorry to sound mean but this is a TOOL not a miracle u have to work with it and what u ate sounds like ur workin the wrong way..i hope this site can help u get back on the bandwagon and start eating healthier...good luck

thanks for your advise and no you dont sound mean at all. I have been trying to hold out on getting another restriction becouse i am almost at 8 cc of a 10 cc band already and didnt want to go overboard too quick. I didnt get a small chili bc the small looked really tiny and didnt think it would fill me up. I cant explain why i got the chips...greed i guess. im really trying but i can eat more than a half a cup of food (obviously) i am schedule for a fill at the end of the month but i am going to push up my appt. i really want to lose more weight but this band is a tool like you so said... i have to do my part for it to work :thumbup:

try what i do i eat every 2 to 3 hrs (3 meals 3 sf snacks):::breakfast egg whites or liquid eggs with one piece of wheat toast (45 calories per slice)..2hrs later sf jello...lunch 2 to 4 oz meat with veggies or salad...2hrs later chex mix (1/4 cup to 1/2 cup)...dinner 2 to 4 oz Protein some veggies and 1 scoop of carbs...2 hrs later sf pudding...exercise 30 min 4 to 5 days a week anything over 45 min makes muscle...try to avoid alot of fast food, processed food and food with a lot of sodium (water weight)..good luck if u need any help i can try my best to help u

I didnt get a small chili bc the small looked really tiny and didnt think it would fill me up.

Just a thought...Make it a personal rule to ALWAYS order the smallest size. You can always have a snack later if you are still really hungry. Best of luck to you.

My nutritionist told me to avoid Soup and chili at all cost, even if the chili is thick. She said it is just the same as drinking with your meal, a big no - no. Well, I was eating a lot of soup and chili so I took her advice and started eating only solid protein...chicken, beef, fish etc. Just that small change made a world of difference!! Now I fill up and stay filled up after only 4-6 ounces. As for chips, food without much nutritional value seems to go down like a charm. Just try to avoid them as much as humanly possible. I was really shocked at the soup/chili thing. Just dropping those from my diet got me off of my plateau.