Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Months! Wahoo! Give us #'s

11 Month Loss Numbers  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 11 Month Loss Numbers

Yay!! I came looking for this thread because I wanted to show off my new number. This last month has been my most successful since the pre-op diet - down over 10lb! It's amazing how much motivation a new man in your life can be! :blush:

Good for you Fanny!

Even thought I am 11 months today, I wish to abstain for 1 more week. My darling bandmates, may I? I so want to say goal! I want to hit 90 before I hit that button. If it doesn't happen next week I've vote anyways but would you all mind if I fudged a week to see if I can make it?

Go right ahead, Stephanie. I've done that most months, and I figure if it is still in November in still counts as 11 months! The only reason I voted so early this month is because I had just inched over the line into the 80's and didn't foresee making the 90's before the end of the month.

Stephanie, good job - almost at goal. I can only imagine what you must feel like. Good going and congratulations. It has all been so worth it, guys.

I am heading off for another cruise on Saturday - the last of 4 for this year. I didn't post after the last one because I didn't like the cruise ship we were on. Our small group had fun but I will never sail Carnival again. I did lose a very small amount of weight - around a pound.

I see my doctor 3 days after I get back from this one. We are evaluating having my hernia surgery. I am contemplating having a slight unfill. I keep having too many issues. I still think it's my esophagus and not my band but I have to try. He will look at my esophagus when he does the surgery. He said it sounded like I have a hiatal hernia but he repaired it when he banded me. He didn't do the abdominal hernia at that time because it was large and would have to be redone after I lost weight. I am losing ever so slowly and still cannot eat anything raw - so much for salads, fruits and veggies. I do miss them so.

Oh Steph . . . I don't blame you at ALL for waiting! You are phenomonal (sp) . . . and I applaud you loudly! Who would have EVER thought we'd be where we are now last year at this time! While some of us are almost AT goal . . . some of us have a ways to go . . .but I'm still lovin' it!

Have a great cruise this time Shirly . .. where are you off to? And Fanny . . . and tell us more about this new guy! How COOL for you!

Have a great month . . . and keep on losin'!

Chris

Shirley, you are a cruising queen. I wish I was going. DH and I keep talking about taking one. We really want to do a disney one with the kids but want to do another one without them first. Maybe I'll get one by this spring. Do you have a favorite line....vs. not carnival?

Fanny, your new man (pics on the brag thread) is gorgeous. He looks like he's tons of fun. I hope he is as wonderful to you as you deserve. Maybe when you give us new pics you can have your pic taken WITH him. hmmm????

Chris, you are so right, we have all done amazing things. I never would have dared dream that I would be here when I talked DH into this last year. I just can't believe it. Monday I go to my support group and I am so wanting to be able to say 90 pounds. I can't even explain how much I want that.

I will get an unfill on Monday too. I just am still struggling to get solids in. I'm leaning towards mushies most days if I can even get more than thick liquids in. My PA told me that as you get closer to goal it is common to need to have some removed. They can't explain it but it just seems to be the pattern they are seeing. You get to a point and then seem to get tighter and tighter. go figure. I hope that Monday is my last adjustment. I think my PA hopes so too.

Thanks guys for being so considerate about my fudging. I dod appreciate it.

I'll talk to you all later. Check your computers for new pics and go post on the brag thread. I want to see the new yous for the holidays. I know for the first time in forever I am looking forward to the holiday pics.

Ok ladies, twist my rubber arm :lol:(here let me help you). I think he's utterly gorgeous (that smile kills me) and he is a lot of fun. We have heaps of background in common - he was a high school English teacher for many years and I did my initial university training in that field 25 years ago. We have favourite authors in common, lots of things we both like to do, eg fishing, camping, etc. He currently plays in two band for fun - a bluegrass band and an electric band playing 80's style rock & roll. I heard him sing for the first time last weekend and OMG *swoons* he's really good! It didn't hurt that he sang one of my favourite songs too and nailed it. All of this, plus he is kinky as hell (as am I :smile2:) and quite possibly the sexiest man I've ever met. Most definitely the most skilled, if you know what I mean :thumbup:.

He knows all about the band and the weight loss, and has been so wonderfully supportive. He's really fit but doesn't seem to mind that I am still quite a way from goal - he says he "sees the determination in my eyes and really admires that". He doesn't get pushy about exercise or anything - just does things like suggest "why don't we go for a nice walk" after dinner or makes plans for picnics in the hills and we go looking at the wildflowers (which are spectacular in Perth this year).

I'm having a hard time believing that anyone this wonderful could be seriously interested in me, but he has been the one to push the "let's get serious" aspect and seems really keen. We both just seem to be in the perfect place in our lives to really make something work together. It's been a whirlwind rush but we are already starting to make long term plans for doing things together, so I have to believe it. Don't anyone pinch me because if this is a dream, I don't want to wake up!!

I'm sad to admit I have nothing to report. I have moved out on my own for the first time ever. I have waited for 2.5 years for my BF to commit with a ring and finally acknowledged that it just isn't going to happen. I'm not so sure I like being alone and I've spent most nights eating everything I'm not supposed to even have in the house. I haven't had a fill since May, but I don't know if I even need one. I'm at an unusual place in that I'm not feeling like my upbeat, positive self. I worked out yesterday for the first time since moving, so that was a little victory for me. New situations are tremendously stressful for me. I have given myself until next week to feel what I need to feel, deal however I need, then move on and get back on track. I thought moving now would make the holidays better, but I'm starting to wonder if I've made a mistake......I haven't gained, but I haven't lost since June. I'm still losing inches according to my trainer....

So.....I'm here for support because while I'm good at providing it, I'm not so good at asking for it. I have some food intolerances and I don't eat regularly, so sometimes I can't eat at all (if I've waited too long) but other times I can definitely eat more than I'm supposed to. I am thinking I'll get a fill sometime around the end of November, when I'm back on track and ready to work with my band the way I should.....

Teech, what a stressful situation. I think we all know that stress can wreak havoc with our bands. And then how are you supposed to deal with the head issues we have weight wise when you have all the head issues with being on your own. The mere fact that you haven't gained is an intense victory. Celebrate it. And if you are still losing size, you're still moving in the right direction. I don't live by the scale or die by the scale most of the time.

Take some time to heal. You have lost a serious relationship. 2 1/2 years is nothing to sneeze at. It had to hurt for him not to come through for you. On the other hand, you've made another huge step toward winning the new you. You took a giant step 11 months ago when you did THIS for you and now another when you said you are worth committing to. Just being able to stand up for yourself and say you are worth it is a giant leap! Good for you.

It is scary to live all by yourself. You can do whatever you want and no one is looking. It is hard to stay committed when no one is around. I understand. My hardest times are when my DH is gone and I'm alone at night. So I know that demon you are fighting with. I think you know the answer is not to have the food around to eat, but a lot of that is easier said than done. If you can't convince yourself not to buy it, can you talk yourself into smaller sizes? For example, instead of buying the super size m&m's I now buy the mini bags and can talk myself into one or two small bags instead. The other thing I make sure I do is to take a small serving instead of a whole bag of chips. I take a small bowl, put the other away and then go to another room to eat it. popcorn is wonderful but I now buy the small bags and dip it in cheese sauce. I hope you see, I treat myself, I just try to control portions.

Take this time to pamper yourself with things sother than food. Enjoy the new clothes choices, even if you just go to goodwill and pick up something wonderful for little or nothing. Haunt the sale racks. Find yourself a pretty dress that you can wear out with friends and then plan a ladies night out on the town. Make yourself beautiful and enjoy your new found freedom.

Don't worry about the scale. Maintain until you feel better about where you are emotionally. It will help I think. And just think how amazing it is to be able to MAINTAIN during such emotional turmoil. I'm amazed! Kudos to you.

Keep us informed and allow us to help you through this. You will be growing stronger every day. I know it!

Stephanie,

Thank you. I knew by moving I would not only be alone, but also moving away from a man who has been my best friend and rock through the most challenging times of my life. I guess I overestimated my strength and am having a bad night. I haven't slept since Saturday for more than a few hours. I'm overtired, stressed out, and just not feeling myself. I'm going to visit my mom this weekend. Somehow, everything seems ok with mom around.:thumbup:

You will probably sleep better with her around too. I know I always sleep better when I go to my mom's house.

It took amazing strength to take those steps. Know that you have that stength even when you doubt it.

Tired makes it all worse also. I am hurt easier, I doubt myself more, I cry all the time, I don't think straight....all of that when I'm tired. And I have absolutely NO will power when I'm tired.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. Keep in touch. Don't go it alone.

ladies, everyone sounds cheerful and pumped up on our 11 month anniversary. I wont post my weight until 11/26. I been lazy and having problems with my fill. I did get to eat close to normal meals for the last 3 days, so I was quite happy

Teech, although I been married for over 30 years my husband and I have had our ups and downs and learning to live on your own after 2 1/2 years has to be hard. if you don't mind me asking? are you sure its over? you can still go out on dates. get to know each other again. did losing weight have anything to do with your separation? I wish you the best as you discover who you are and where you belong.

having faith and commitment in the lord has made my marriage stronger. its something to think about

all the best

Edited by lachica39

Where are all our Merry Losers? Are we down to just the stalwart few now? This poll has been up for a week and we've only gotten 7 responses (plus Steph's post to come). This is very sad!

I know Fanny! That's why I didn't do the post last month . . . I figured people weren't interested anymore . . .but Shirley straightened me out . . . and did it for us - YEA! Maybe at the year anniversary they will chime in . . .we can hope so :blink:

It would be GREAT to get an update on everyone! I'm assuming things have been great and they have just moved on - but it's always nice to hear from them.

Chris