Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintenance meal ideas, please

Hit goal a few weeks ago. Really struggling with switching up my diet to maintenance. My doc says 1/2 cup 3x daily...no Snacks. That just isn't going to work with me. I stuck to that plan during weight loss but I just feel like I won't get enough calories in to maintain. I guess the way I feel about the only 3xdaily plan is: it's my body and if I can maintain my weight and still have Snacks besides my meals, I will introduce at least one if not two snacks throughout the day (snacks staying within the 1/2 cup amount).

Just wanted to start a thread to ask persons that are now maintaining their weight to give me a view of what your daily nutrition plan is. Thanks in advance for the the time taken to help.

I eat the low fat lite yogurt for Snacks. It's healthy and satisfies my sweet tooth. The Yoplait has some really good flavors. Plus I need the Calcium.

If you can eat fruit without trouble , that is a good snack too as us bansters have trouble getting our Fiber in.

I eat the low fat lite yogurt for Snacks. It's healthy and satisfies my sweet tooth. The Yoplait has some really good flavors. Plus I need the Calcium.

If you can eat fruit without trouble , that is a good snack too as us bansters have trouble getting our Fiber in.

Thanks for the input, Denise. I am a big fan of Greek yogurt. I put soynuts and SF Syrup in it. I can tolerate fruit and will see if I can get at least 2 servings of that a day.

You know, I am 100% Greek and I have never had Greek yogurt. Do you find it with all the rest of the yogurt? We don't have Trader Joes here, just Safeway and Walmart.< /p>

You know, I am 100% Greek and I have never had Greek yogurt. Do you find it with all the rest of the yogurt? We don't have Trader Joes here, just Safeway and Walmart.< /div>

Denise...I get mine at Walmart. They don't seem to stock much of it but I get enough for two weeks at a time. I like the plain. They also have vanilla but I find there's not much taste to it and higher in cals. It is so nice and thick and yet easy to get down in the morning. Seems to hold me till noon. Like I said, I put SF Syrup and soynuts in it and sometimes Kashi Cereal. There's 90 cals in the plain, 15g protien (more when I add the nuts) and 6g carbs.

I see from other posts that you are struggling with acid reflux at night and not much restriction during the day. The night time reflux thing is worrisome. That would be so aggravating! Hope you find out what it going on with your band soon so you can feel at ease again.:)

Where do you find this in Walmart? It's not with the other yogurt is it?

I have been getting the Walmart brand that is similar to Activia.

Where do you find this in Walmart? It's not with the other yogurt is it?

I have been getting the Walmart brand that is similar to Activia.

I find it in the same section as regular yogurt. I'm hooked on it and always make sure I have enough in the house. I live 65 miles from Walmart so have to stock up for at least two weeks at a time. I believe it has a longer shelf life than the regular yogurt. The brand name is Oikos. Takes just a little getting used to...kind of tangy but find a Syrup you like with the soynuts (if you choose to). I love, love, love it with banana, English Toffee or Caramel syrups.< /p>

I eat the same as I ate to lose and I exercise the same. I just kept doing it till I stopped losing and called that goal :-). But I never really "dieted" so there was no need to add extra food at maintenance

Today has been a good day, a good example:

Breakfast - bowl of muesli with some strawberries and greek yogurt

lunch: a tuna sandwich on wholegrain bread with some lettuce, Tomato, cucumber and beetroot (tinned). Couldnt finish it, ate about 2/3

Afternoon: two ryvitas with vegemite

Dinner: mashed potato and pumpkin, steamed broccoli, a lamb loin chop, and a glass of wine - dinner was about a cup in total, maybe a bit less).

So my meals are small, but normal. That's what the rest of the family eats too.

I guess the only difference is that if we happened to have a block of chocolate or something after dinner watching a movie, I wouldnt hestitate to get my share!

Oh and I have also done an 8km run today.

I miss running. I admire those that can. Was on the track team in college but started to develop blood clots with my first pregnancy and they continued for years. Do walk 4-5 miles a day though.

I have incorporated two Snacks into my daily food plan even though it is against my doc's rules. I like where I am at with my weight, don't want to go any lower.

Jachut...thanks for your input. I need to lighten up a bit on being so stidgent (sp?) with following my doc's food plan to get more cals in.