Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I agree with it being legal and taxed as well. I would just request that they enact laws as to where they may be located, as I sure as heck don't want them in my friendly, family oriented community.

In Proverbs 23:27 God says " My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways, for a prostitute is a deep pit and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait, and multiplies the unfaithful among men."

So, No. Prostitution is wrong.

It also says in 1 Corinthians, "Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "the two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body."

I think it should be legal...In vegas they have "Bunny Ranch" and if they have a positive STD/HIV/AIDS test done then they redo the test to make sure and then the person that has tested positive is on suspention from prostituting until they have a negative test...I think it would be better legal because then maybe it wouldn't be so back allied and dangerous...but that's just my opinion... :rolleyes2:

Like most here, I morally oppose prostitution but I wouldn't have a problem with it being leagalized if I thought that this plan would work well. But like BooBoo Kitty, I don't believe that the government would be able to actually regulate it or tax it. For instance, in my area, apparently one of the biggest sources of prostitution comes from gangs. MS13, 18th Street are the most prominent and many of its members are in this country illegally. They make their money from drugs and prostitution, they are dangerous criminals who have no respect for the law and they don't play by the rules. I don't see them willingly following the law in this case either.

Making prostitution legal is to put it in the same category as alcohol and cigarettes. Though there will still be troubled women who are pimped out by gangs, there will be more set-ups like the Bunny ranches in Vegas and the Red Light district in Amsterdam. These are working conditions which will ensure the safety of the women and of their clients. Prostitution will never be legislated out of existence; it is better to acknowledge that it is a fact of life by legalising it and drawing up legislation that will deal with the pitfalls of this profession - disease and violence.

it is better to acknowledge that it is a fact of life by legalising it and drawing up legislation that will deal with the pitfalls of this profession - disease and violence.

But Green, that's how I like my women....diseased and violent!!

LMAO too funny!!!

Just wanted to throw some info out there. I work at a tax office and there are a few ladies in the "adult entertainment profession" that come in and have their taxes done. Now, there are some interesting expenses for the business... but the IRS does not care how the money is made, legal or illegal they want their cut.

They get their EIC and pay their share of social security so they will be able to draw SS when they retire from the business. :D

I think it should be legal, I think any serious relationship is a loose form of prostitution.

If someone wants to have sex for money/goods/etc., and someone wants to pay them to have sex, who cares?

Yea, what's that old saying? Marriage is just legal prostitution? LOL

Ha ha. That's just what I was going to say.

Steve isn't prostitution already a problem for all of us in this country? We pay many tax dollars to enforce the laws. As one person said, there are gang related areas of towns where prostitution is commonplace. (In Sterling, Virginia??? Man, it used to be a quiet little burg when I lived near there.)

Our only chance to actually have some control over it is to make it legal and regulate it. It sure isn't going away just because some of us find it immoral and unacceptible.

I do take issue with those who equate marriage with prostitution. Although I do think some of you made those comments tongue in cheek.

But marriage is a give and take relationship with both parties giving and taking. And sex isn't a job for a wife, it is a pleasure and something she desires as much as her spouse does. Besides marriage involves every aspect of life including things such as living arrangements, children, spiritual beliefs, health and nurturing and the list goes on. How could anyone argue that marriage is only about sex?

Even a sexual encounter with ones' boss or co-worker is different than prostitution in so many ways. And btw, sex at the workplace doesn't always mean that there is harrassment involved or favors expected.

With prostitution the sexual encounter in exchange for a fixed amount of money is the extent of the relationship.