Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couchto 5k Hip Hop Podcast-LOVIN' IT!

Hi all I missed the start of the 30 day challenge but I did launch my couch to 5k program this week. If you are not familiar, it is an interval training program that will have you running a 5k in 9 weeks!

I completed week 1 and loved it! The workout is basically 30 minutes and you alternate between walking and running. Each week you decrease your walking and increase your running.

I found a hip hop podcast that has great music and verbal prompt to start running or walking. I use the treadmill but the beauty is you really don't need equipment. Just go outside.

Here is the link to the podcast:

Suz's Couch to 5k Running Podcasts | Inside the Mind of Suz

Here is some more info:

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

I hope some of you will join me!7_5_141.gif

Edited by Apple8<)

I have been dying to try this program. I looked into it before having the surgery and decided it was my program of choice. Just waiting to heal a little bit more before I start. Thank you for the podcast info. I have been looking for some good music to excercise to and it is good to know that they have this already set up for the program. I have already been walking on the treadmill (and so has the whole family, because the 6 year old and the 2 year old harass me to death to "ride it", the whole time I am on it). Looking forward to starting the program and I am hoping to help develop a love for running for the entire family. I am so jealous of people who love it. I want to be one of them.

Thanks for the information April. I've read several post about the couch to 5k and was planning to do some reaserach I really appreciate the link for the podcast.. Now all I have to do is fugre out how to put it on my IPOD. LOL

I completed week 1-yea me!

I started week 2 today.

I am still lovin' it!

Week 1 is intervals of running 60 sec. and walking 90 sec.

Week 2 is intervals of running 90 sec. and walking 2 min.

I hope that some of you will join in on the fun!

I completed week 1-yea me!

I completed week 2-yea me!

I am still lovin' it!

I did the 3rd day of week 2 at the playground. My dh has started the program also. So we worked out while the 5 year old played on the playground. Afterwards, I ran around with my son, and played on the slides and the swings.

I have not been this active in a very long time! I feel like I am regaining self control.

I am proud of you!!! I hope to get to the program at some point but I am afraid to try. I am up to 45 minutes on the treadmill though. At what point did you start the program after surgery?

Thanks san! I didn't start exercising until 6 weeks post op. I probably could have started sooner.

I ate fast food today (Milo's Hamburgers) It was so not worth it. Plus I didn't go to the gym.

Tomorrow is a new day...

I just downloaded week one. I am going to start this! Thanks for giving the link.:lol:

Alright slim! Thanks for joining me. I have not started week 3 this week. My schedule has been sabotaged but I am determined to complete it this week! Keep me posted...

I'm so happy to see that you all are so ambitious. Couch to 5k sounds climbing Mt Everst to me. I have such a bad knee that even walking is too much pounding . At this time I will have to continue with Water excercise. Maybe late after I get my knee replaced I can join you all.:(

Edited by TravelLady48

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches