Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obama's birth. is he a U.S. citizen?

What is shocking is how low the McCain campaign is willing to go in the hopes of swaying votes their ways.

Nice try, but the guy who brought this suit is a lifelong Democrat who has held political office as a Democrat.

Speaking for myself only (as I can't speak for others on this board but I hope they will chime in and agree), if the same concerns were raised about McCain -- and he refused to refute the evidence and/or phonied evidence up -- I would be equally concerned about the potential Constitutional crisis that might ensue.

BTW, this isn't just about whether he was born in Hawaii. It is also about whether he became an Indonesian citizen when he was adopted by his Indonesian step-father. Since Indonesia didn't have dual-citizenship at the time, he would have had to give up any US citizenship he had, making him constitutionally ineligible to run for President.

I love all you open minded people on the right that just want to know the truth. You don't care about the truth, it is all about taking Obama down. That's what it has always been about. The good news is you are falling like flies for Obama.

No, it's just that some of us can see the forest through the trees -- or don't vote simply based on race or political party. I'd rather be open minded than so narrow minded, but that's just me.

There are none so blind than those who refuse to see. You have been given some solid information -- much of it HIS WORDS and people he has chosen to surround himself with -- and rather than pay attention or even legitimately dispute it somehow, you turn to the personal attacks. Ignorance truly must be bliss.

Yes the guy is a democrat and a nut.

And yes its all about taking Obama down.

And oh, yes, ignorance is bliss - but in this moment in time, its also criminal.

Here is the snopes record on that lie:

snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

And there a copy of his birth certificate.

By the way with the governor of Hawaii being a republican, dont you think if there was any chance this was true -the clinic's records would have been leaked?

An ignorant illegal from south of the border can get a real-looking birth certificate and other documents. How difficult would it be for the "next messiah?"

Forensics have already shown that it is a horrible forgery created from his sister's birth certificate. But of course the news won't run with that because the news are a bunch of left-wing nuts who are constantly doing all they can to sway the vote for the liberal guy.

FactCheck.org checked this thoroughly including examining the document and this is their conclusion:

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

And, by the way, Obama's parents ran an annoucement in the paper back in 61:

"...In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

announcementclose-up.jpg

Obama's birth announcement

The announcement was posted by a

pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu..."

I suppose its easier to claim this is also part of a vast conspiracy rather then stop spreading lies about Barak Obama.

Edited by Carolinela

FactCheck.org checked this thoroughly including examining the document and this is their conclusion

{sigh}

BTW, this isn't just about whether he was born in Hawaii. It is also about whether he became an Indonesian citizen when he was adopted by his Indonesian step-father. Since Indonesia didn't have dual-citizenship at the time, he would have had to give up any US citizenship he had, making him constitutionally ineligible to run for President.

This is not just about a birth certificate. From the lawsuit, here are some of the claims:

- Obama was adopted by a Foreign Citizen, Lolo Soetoro, M.A. a citizen of Indonesia.

- Obama has or had a passport from the Government of Indonesia.

- Indonesia did not provide for dual citizenship when Obama received his passport there, which means he had to give up his US passport.

- Obama would have needed to be an Indonesian citizen to enter the school he was enrolled in in Indonesia.

- Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981 with his Pakistan friends, stopping in Indonesia on the way to renew his passport.

- Pakistan was a no travel zone in 1981 for American Citizens. Pakistan was not allowing American Citizens to enter their country, and therefore Obama traveled on his Indonesian Passport to Pakistan.

Regardless of whether the Hawaiian birth certificate is real or not (or, I guess, the second one, because the first one was a fake), these are still legitimate questions to be answered. If Obama gave up his citizenship when he was a child, that makes him ineligible to be President.

I know if you're an Obama supporter you don't like this issue, but that doesn't make people who have legitimate questions idiots or conspiracy-nuts.

I know if you're an Obama supporter you don't like this issue, but that doesn't make people who have legitimate questions idiots or conspiracy-nuts.

Considering your past and your rep here, you have to admit your credibility isn't the best around here. (Flat earth? Anyone?)

My thinking on the topic is that nobody would have let Obama get as far as he has without verifying that he is on the up and up, if the republicans could have quashed him, they would have done so a very long time ago.

Since I've been voting (almost 30 years now) this is the 2nd election that I have not had the need to vote for the least of the two idiots. This is the 2nd election that I have actually voted for a person that I WANT to win because i really think he can do a fantastic job. I'm excited about Obama, I think he will do a very good job and I think he will try to undo a great deal of damage done by republicans and keep in mind... I am a republican.

The only way Obama isn't going to win this election is if it is as fixed as the last election.

I am ashamed of my party, I haven't voted for my party in 8 years and I'm not voting for my party in this election.

Matter of fact, I already voted and I came as close to voting a straight Dem ticket as I ever have. This country needs to be saved from we Republicans.

Considering your past and your rep here, you have to admit your credibility isn't the best around here. (Flat earth? Anyone?)

When you attack someone personally, the rest of what you say sounds like all the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons.

Would you care to tell the rest of the class where you came up with the idea that I support a Flat Earth theory?