Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It can't come soon enough. But I'm working tons... I actually did step aerobics for 45 minutes, at high intensity already this morning.

teri

My goodness Teri, you are doing so good! I haven't tried step aerobics. Heck, I haven't tried anything other than walking. Your fill date will be here before you know it! Keep up the awesome job!

can anyone tell me how long it took for the approval of the surgery and then the actual surgery. also, were you big eaters prior to the surgery? I am new here obviously and just getting started.

That really depends on so much. It can be as little as a few weeks to several months. It really depends on your insurance companies requirements for approval. Then once you have approval, it really depends on your surgeons schedule. It took me personally, a little under 3 months from seminar to surgery. I had my seminar on 07/05 and had surgery 09/25. Good luck to you on your journey1

Debbie, I survived. I was starving by lunch time. I drank maybe a quarter to half cup of Tomato Soup. I was stuffed. Not an hour later, my stomach was grumbling. I Thankfully, my paperwork said that I could move up to the soft stage as soon as I could tolerate it. I ate Soup with soft cooked veggies. That went down very well. I took my time (almost an hour for 1/2 cup). I feel good right now. I guess the question is going to be how long will I stay full?

Well done you two! I won't have mine done under flouro, unless they have issues getting in. I don't think they will, because truth be told if you stand at the right angle from me, you can see the lump where my port is. Weird thing is I've lost a lot of my tummy already. Hips and butt are huge and thunder thighs, but hey they're shrinking slowly.

teri

Teri, I thought for sure I knew where my port was. Turns out it is lower than the incission. I have a little red mark from the needle.

I think I am glad the first one was under flouro, but then again, I have no choice. This is what they do.

Okay, I was so afraid to eat today. I mean REALLY scared. Finally hunger won out. But I made sure everything was THIN. I am following the full liquids and will do this a couple days before going back to mushies for a week or so. I had runny cream of wheat for lunch, baby food applesauce, sf pudding and my favorite - SF POPSICLES.

I have heart burn, Slim do you have heart burn? Maybe the Soup was too rich. Take care Debbie

Debbie, I haven't had heart burn. I have only had major gas.:thumbup: Maybe your Soup was a little too rich. I am starving. I knew that they didn't pot much fill in, but I didn't think I would be hungrier than I was before the fill. I tried to drink something to see if it was head hunger. I was really hungry.

Slim, how you doing today?

It was the Soup, which I had again today. I am progressing to mushies. Cream soup for lunch and I think some ground up chicken for dinner. But here is the good news. I am "full" after 1/2 cup or I think it is the full feeling so I am quitting eating. I may have a snack a few hours later, but I am going to keep my pouch tiny if it kills me. Ha ha ha

But let me know how you are doing. Maybe you just need so very pureed food, like babyfood applesauce. They didn't give me time frames so I am going for blended but food all the same.

Take care Debbie

My doctor did give me times. I did Clear Liquids the day of the fill. Then it said day 2 full liquids to soft foods. Then day 3 soft foods to regular food. I tried some scrambled eggs this morning. I took my time with it. It took me about 40 minutes to eat the eggs and a piece of wheat toast. I was full until after lunch time. I went to a fall festival today at my son's school. Without thinking, I ate a piece of funnel cake. It didn't get stuck, but I am still full 3 hours later. I tried to drink something a little while ago to make sure the funnel cake wasn't stuck. It went down (the drink did), but I still fill heavy like that funnel cake is sitting there. That was so stupid. I was just holding it for my son like I would do any time. I was watching the kids dunk the teachers in Water, and just stuck it into my mouth. I guess it didn't kill me, so I need to get over it.

I am glad that you feel better Debbie. I am going to do Soup tonight (just the broth) to see if this doughy feeling with go away. Isn't it funny the things that we do without even thinking?

My doctor did give me times. I did Clear Liquids the day of the fill. Then it said day 2 full liquids to soft foods. Then day 3 soft foods to regular food. I tried some scrambled eggs this morning. I took my time with it. It took me about 40 minutes to eat the eggs and a piece of wheat toast. I was full until after lunch time. I went to a fall festival today at my son's school. Without thinking, I ate a piece of funnel cake. It didn't get stuck, but I am still full 3 hours later. I tried to drink something a little while ago to make sure the funnel cake wasn't stuck. It went down (the drink did), but I still fill heavy like that funnel cake is sitting there. That was so stupid. I was just holding it for my son like I would do any time. I was watching the kids dunk the teachers in Water, and just stuck it into my mouth. I guess it didn't kill me, so I need to get over it.

I am glad that you feel better Debbie. I am going to do Soup tonight (just the broth) to see if this doughy feeling with go away. Isn't it funny the things that we do without even thinking?

There have been many times I have had to stop myself in the middle of reaching for a french fry from my hubby. It's mindless eating that causes us so many problems. Try to be aware, maybe chew gum when you think you might be in a situation like this. But don't beat yourself up over it, it is done and almost over. Hopefully that full feeling will go away soon. Man I wish I had a egg today. I have been "grazing" on liquid to full liquid today. I am doing mushie tomorrow. My Mom made me some boiled chicken that I am going to grind up.

I hope the funnel cake goes through soon. I am still afraid of eating bread, even toast. I have heard bad things about dough. Thats why I have Cream Of Wheat and an egg everyday for Breakfast. I just can't do toast. 1/2 slice, I think I would rather have the Cereal.

Oh, I remember reading that pineapple juice is suppose to help. Who knows, but I hope it goes through for you.

Take care, let me know what happens. Debbie :eek:

There have been many times I have had to stop myself in the middle of reaching for a french fry from my hubby. It's mindless eating that causes us so many problems. Try to be aware, maybe chew gum when you think you might be in a situation like this. But don't beat yourself up over it, it is done and almost over. Hopefully that full feeling will go away soon. Man I wish I had a egg today. I have been "grazing" on liquid to full liquid today. I am doing mushie tomorrow. My Mom made me some boiled chicken that I am going to grind up.

I hope the funnel cake goes through soon. I am still afraid of eating bread, even toast. I have heard bad things about dough. Thats why I have Cream Of Wheat and an egg everyday for Breakfast. I just can't do toast. 1/2 slice, I think I would rather have the Cereal.

Oh, I remember reading that pineapple juice is suppose to help. Who knows, but I hope it goes through for you.

Take care, let me know what happens. Debbie :eek:

Hey Debbie. Thanks for the warm thoughts. The funnel cake went down fine. I am so grateful. I am going to boil some chicken in the morning to grind for chicken salad. I have only had wheat toast since banding. My doctor had stressed that the bread needed to be crunchy in order to be able to possibly eat it. I haven't tried to eat just plain white bread. I figure that is really pushing it. I am going to take it slowly after mindlessly eating the piece of funnel cake. I need to get some pineapple juice to keep around the house just in case. I hope to never need it though. You know you mentioned the cream of wheat, I haven't had that since I was a child. I have really bad memories of it being forced on me. How do you eat it (I mean like with what)? Do you put anything on it? I know that it would be better for me than the toast.

Hey Debbie. Thanks for the warm thoughts. The funnel cake went down fine. I am so grateful. I am going to boil some chicken in the morning to grind for chicken salad. I have only had wheat toast since banding. My doctor had stressed that the bread needed to be crunchy in order to be able to possibly eat it. I haven't tried to eat just plain white bread. I figure that is really pushing it. I am going to take it slowly after mindlessly eating the piece of funnel cake. I need to get some pineapple juice to keep around the house just in case. I hope to never need it though. You know you mentioned the cream of wheat, I haven't had that since I was a child. I have really bad memories of it being forced on me. How do you eat it (I mean like with what)? Do you put anything on it? I know that it would be better for me than the toast.

I make the Cream of Wheat (I have heard that some use chocolate Malt O Meal) with milk for extra Calcium. I only get 1/4 cup so I make it taste good. I use a little Agave Syrup. It is Organic and Low Glycymic. It is Natural and sweeter that sugar so I only use 1/8 tsp. This is my one sweet thing. I even gave my Pharmacist some and he loved it, at the time I was mixing my pills in it to make them taste better crushed. here is a web site Organic Low Glycemic Agave Syrup | Melissa's Produce

Oh and I work at Melissas. But, I wouldn't use it if I didn't like it. Our Chefs only use the Agave now instead of sugar because of the health issues.

Anyway you could also have Oat Meal, I was afraid of the pieces and wanted something runny. Now I am stuck on it. But a 1/4 cup is not that much, just like 1/2 slice bread, but I am still afraid of me with bread, it was my binge food.

I am so glad you are feeling better. Poor thing, I did that while eating my chicken salad with crackers. I was pissed off at work and started mindless eating and all of a sudden, a heavy feeling. I didn't like it at all. I haven't eaten crackers since. OF course that was Monday and I had my Fill Friday, but still, crackers scare me. I think I shall have baby sweet potato tomorrow. MMmm love those sweet potatos.

Take care Slim, I don't know what I would do without you. Debbie

Take care Slim, I don't know what I would do without you. Debbie

Right back at you Debbie.:eek:

OMG! I had my first fill three days ago and I still have a huge bruise about the size of a baseball. My surgeon couldn't find my port and was pressing very hard in the area trying to find it. He didn't want to poke me and puncture the tube so he kept searching. I thought I was going to pass out it hurt sooooo bad. After about 15 minutes of agony he finally found it and was able to give me the fill. I was so shaky and in pain when I left. The whole area was swollen and red and now a huge bruise.

And on top of that I don't have much restriction... I will have to go back but they are all full till after christmas. At least that will give me a chance to heal.

I go for my second fill today. I'm a bit nervous. Not like last time, but because he knows I goofed up and ate something I shouldn't have. I think I'm gonna get the lecture. I'll get another cc put in. Which will bring me to 5 ccs.

Teri