Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Eating LARGER Portions BUT....

Hi everyone:

I'm still LOSING weight. Is this normal? I went down from 240 Lbs. to 224 in my last office visit.

I mean not that I'm disappointed or anything, but I'm wondering if it's worth going in for a fill over or not worth worrying about at all (Especially since I plan on going in for my first fill since the beginning of Summer next month anyway with the Holidays coming as I don't think it would be a bad idea to get one before Thanksgiving).

As for Thanksgiving Day itself, not sure what we'll do. But just to be safe, I think going in for a fill before Thanksgiving Day isn't a bad idea since I'll only have to be on the pureed diet for 48-72 hours, which of course is unlike most people, who have to spend WEEKS on special diets before Thanksgiving Day (I know some of you there just envy me :smile2: *blushing*).

Well anyway, if I can get a generic answer to my question either way, it'd me most appreciated. :thumbup:

Cheers :thumbup:

P.S. If one of the mods can correct the URL YouTube Lap Banders Group in my sig (A Group I started BTW), whereas it's clickable, it'd be MUCH appreciated (I couldn't do it myself for some strange reason). Thanks. :thumbup:

Hi everyone:

pchampster:

Congratulations on your progress. What are you 'eating LARGER portions of"?

Just about anything & everything approved for consumption by Lap Banders.

I clicked on your link, it seems to work now as far as I can tell.
I found the problem. Instead of posting in BBCode, I posted in HTML because that's what the sig editor was giving me for some weird reason.

Ohh well. Maybe the server which the board sits on just needed a kick in the CONFIG.SYS or something....

Cheers :smile2:

Well anyway, if I can get a generic answer to my question either way, it'd me most appreciated. :smile2:
I've read your post a few times and I don't see a question (aside from the you tube request), just some random thoughts. What specifically are you asking us? (n/m think I found it, I was looking for a "?")

If you are losing without a fill, and have the willpower to compensate in the continued absence of a fill, and have restriction (or don't & feel you don't need it) then you probably don't need a fill. If you are worried about your ability to maintain control during the holidays, thenc onsider the fill as surrogate willpower.

If you are losing without a fill, and have the willpower to compensate in the continued absence of a fill, and have restriction (or don't & feel you don't need it) then you probably don't need a fill.

I don't think that's it INASMUCH AS.....

If you are worried about your ability to maintain control during the holidays, then consider the fill as surrogate willpower.
I don't think "worried" is the word I'd use to describe what I'm thinking.

What I'm thinking is we're bound to have ALOT of food (Mainly on Thanksgiving as we just typically eat finger food on Christmas whereas some people will cook an entire meal like they do on Thanksgiving). I'm thinking that going in for a fill (Like on November 4 while everyone else is busy at their nearby polling place throwing out the bums in Washington :smile: :w00t: ) would be a great idea as that would give me ample time to recover and get back to the same routine in time for Thanksgiving (It generally takes about a 3-5 days anyway), just with a slightly tighter band for good measure.

And considering that I haven't had a fill since May, I don't think my Dr. would object to me coming in for one (In fact, I think he might even agree with me that getting one would be a good idea).

BTW...As for voting myself - I plan to be amongst the very first in line at my polling place. I plan to do my part in the tossing of the Washington bums too (Don't think I won't). :scared2::eek:

But after that, the day will be all mine :scared2:

Cheers :)

They scheduled me for a fill on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and then I cancelled it. I don't need to be restricted any more on that day! I would rather enjoy the holiday than be sick or something.

It's not about the food, but you never know how your body will react to a fill-- what if you get sick or can't swallow at all?! Do you know how IMPOSSIBLE it will be to reach your doctor or the doctor on call? (I use to answer phones for doctors on call and none of them want to be bugged on a holiday.)

Cancel that appointment and schedule another one. If you really don't think you need the fill, than waiting a week or so won't matter. But do it soon... I know my doc is booked up for fills weeks and weeks in advance.

Hi everyone:

Heh.....Well I ain't goin' in for a fill on the OF Thanksgiving (I ain't that dumb!). But I think goin' in for a fill sometime EARLY NEXT MONTH wouldn't be a bad idea though.

And even if they decide I don't need a fill, I will have AT LEAST "made the rounds" as it were during the appointment so they wouldn't have to schedule one for me later on down the road. :biggrin:

I was told that I'm at a point in my post-op whereas I don't need to see them unless I have a problem (I don't even go in for fills anymore even though I've only 3 so far since my surgery this past March. The last time I went in for a fill was in June). This is good as then this way, I can pick a day in which the assistants (If not the doc himself) will be available to take care of my fill (But then again, it seems like surgeons NEVER seem to do anything involving N-E-E-D-L-E-S, does it?).

Ohh well....I'm know one of the assistants will take of things in relative short order. :thumbup:

So really, I suppose if/when I boil it down, I don't really need a fill before Thanksgiving (Unless the doc's office suddenly calls me up to schedule an appointment for one which I don't expect to happen). But HAVING a fill before Thanksgiving would be nice if for nothing more than good measure (Since I don't really need a "safety net" as it were). :thumbup:

Just my opinion though....

Cheers :wink2: