Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill a bust!

I had surgery on 9/11. My first fill on 10/13 and it didn't do a thing for me! I've only lost about 12 pounds total and it's really depressing. Does anyone know if it takes longer to lose if you start out around the 215 range? I know this sounds crazy but sometimes I wonder if my body thinks I'm starving it and the weight doesn't come off. On:confused: the days I eat a little more, I will see a small weight loss. How insane is that?

Same exact thing is happening to me!! Someone on here advised me to up my Protein and increase my Water intake, so I am giving it a try. I'm down 2lbs this week already.. and I hadn't lost anything in 3 weeks!!. I don't think I was eating enough and my body was holding on to every pound! Soo frustrating! Let me know if t his helps you too..

You are doing great! Try and not to focus on the pounds. You are losing inches which is just as important! 12 pounds since September is amazing! It took me 6 fills before I hit my sweet spot. Just keep doing what your doing its working!

You are doing great! Try and not to focus on the pounds. You are losing inches which is just as important! 12 pounds since September is amazing! It took me 6 fills before I hit my sweet spot. Just keep doing what your doing its working!

when you say sweet spot... what exactly does that mean

Don't freak out, it's not unusual. What you are experiencing is exactly what I went through in the beginning. I've had my band for 9 months and didn't have any restriction for the first few fills. I also weighed 215# at surgery and am now at 175#. Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. I know exactly how anxious you are for the band to start working and it will in time. I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks and then going back in for another fill. I was made to wait at least a month between fills for the first 6 months and it was agonizing, so if you can get in sooner, plz try. Keep following the rules that your doctor has set forth for you and you'll be just fine. Your journey has begun and you'll learn a great deal about yourself and your body in the next year or so. I'm rooting for you!!:)

sweet spot means when you get a fill and it is perfect.. you are not to tight but you are tight enough. For me that means I can't eat any breads or tougher meats like steak or chicken. Some people get their sweet spot where they can eat steak and chicken. It is the place where you eat a little and are full for a long time. At my last fill I was to tight and had to get a slight unfill.. how did i know i was to tight? Well I couldn't even swallow my own spit without throwing it up.. that's to tight. I have lost 10 pounds in the two weeks since I found my sweet spot! I have to eat slow, very small portion and chew alot or else I puke or slime.. and I hate doing both!!! So I hope that answers your question. If not let me know.. I will do my best to help you! xox

Thank you Allie.... I had a fill 2 weeks ago... First one and only 1cc had lots of problems with my band at the beginning tomorrow going back for another... Can eat a horse right now and feel like trying.. Seems to me that I am always hungry.. The funniest thing is since my surgery I crave BBQ chips (YUMMY) never liked those except on rare occasions.. My husbands favorite so they are always in the house... I hope tomorrow helps... Thanks again

You definitely should log your food daily to make sure you are getting enough calories, because you are correct, if your body thinks you are "starving" it, it will hold on to every ounce it can.

I eat 1000-1400 calories per day. I make sure I hit the 1400 mark at least every third day to keep my metabolism going. I am not losing super fast, only 2 lbs per week, but I am NEVER hungry, eat about a cup of food 3-4 times per day, and enjoy my starbucks latte almost every day.

Good luck!!!:)

OMG!!! I had my surgery on Sept. 2nd, had my first fill on Sept. 29th and I feel like I could reach out the window of my car and pull a horse in through the window and just chow down. I really have to watch myself. I have started journaling what I am eating or it'll get out of control. That helps keep be balanced. I completely understand what you all are talking about though. I get a 2nd fill on November 1st...thank GOD! Hopefully, I will have better restriction then. Hang in there.

It is not a bust, you have to be patient. I didn't have any restriction until my third fill. Now that I am well past those first few months, I am glad it was a slow progression. It is hard to get used to not being able to eat all that you "want" to eat. Looking back I appreciate that I had time to adjust to my new way of eating. Hang in there, everyone is different. Just remember you are 12 pds lighter than you were before surgery and you have a plan to keep getting lighter and lighter.

I got banded just 4 days after you and lost 10lbs right way but (and I haven't updated) I gained 3lbs the last 2 weeks since starting solids. But- I am very happy to have lost what I have. And the wierd thing is that my clothes are more loose but the scale hasn't moved. I HAVE to stop weighing myself everyday because it is driving me nuts.

For me at least-- I know that I will lose slower because I am a lower bmi and have less to lose. My doc told me to hang in there and make sure I really get in the exersize and stick to 4oz a meal 3x a day. I am not going to lose as fast b/c I don't have as much to lose as some other people.

Hang in there!! It will kick in-- This is a journey not a race!

I stopped drinking protien drinks within the first week. I couldn't find one I could stand. Do you think that's an issue. I'm trying to eat mostly protiens to make up for that.

Do you think I should still be drinking protien shakes?

I had surgery on 9/11. My first fill on 10/13 and it didn't do a thing for me! I've only lost about 12 pounds total and it's really depressing. Does anyone know if it takes longer to lose if you start out around the 215 range? I know this sounds crazy but sometimes I wonder if my body thinks I'm starving it and the weight doesn't come off. On:confused: the days I eat a little more, I will see a small weight loss. How insane is that?

I had the same thing happen!! My fist fill lasted all of 2 days, and I lose more when I eat more calories. I suggest playing around a bit with the calories. I found that if I get all my Protein and eat about 1300 calories then I see a bit of weight loss. I am a slower loser apparently so that may be it too, but I weigh almost 100 more than you do. Good LUCK!!!

I am in the same boat trust me. I am severly depressed had my surgery in jume and lost 13 but gained 4. just had my second fill and starving. i feel like a failure and that people are watching and critisizing everything i put in my mouth because others have lost so much more than me.:wink2: