Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great News from the Big Fella

well i ended up in hospital last night at 130am

was quite dehydrated and feeling quite crappy

they stuck an IV in and gave me 1 ltr of fluids and sent me home. Felt much better

still gas pains from hell

cant shift them - considering ive walked holes in the carpet at the hospital & doing what i am supposed to but it really blo ody hurts. just cant get comfy at all. If it wasnt for the gas pain id be relatively pain free.

still a little worried about the clear fluids not staying down ( see above post ) but im sure its just the swelling which will subside. drink cold fluids is what the dr said but that just makes the gas pains kill.

oh well time will tell

when i was at the Hospital i asked the nurse who i know quite well if i could jump on the scales . she walked me around there and i have now lost a total of 20.1kg Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cheers

Damo

hey guys

home & feel real bad

lots of gas pain and cant seem to keep Clear liquids down. keep burping up the liquids as frothy thick flemy Fluid

Dr Copp come and made sure band was fully empty as he said sometimes there is a mL in there and that felt better for a bit but he also said that the swelling could be making it tight too which aint allowing Fluid to flow freer than they are

well he cant be too concerned because he let me go home today but WTF is going on with me ?

feel like utter crap

cheers

Damo

Sorry to hear you're feeling crap. Try some peppermint or ginger & honey tea, sipping really really slowly. They really helped me when I was too tight.

Damo, hope your feeling a bit better today. I guess with each passing day you SHOULD start to get better.

My op was 4th November and I guess I was one of the lucky ones - all I've ever had is pain at the port site which is now almost all gone. Started mushies on the weekend - only 10 days until some real food.

Feel better soon - SIP, SIP SIP and you'll be fine.

well i just spoke with Dr Copp ( what a great man )

he is concerned that i am not able to stay hydrated enough through being able to take in enough fluids on my own. SO... he may be putting me hospital here locally so that he can put me on an IV drip & a suction tube down my nose to help clear frothy fluids out so it helps the band site settle over 2 days without having to spit up the frothy stuff which would just agrevate the situation

on a good note seems my gas pain has cleared which is nice .

well im looking forward to experiencing the nice side of all this so with Dr Copp's confidence in what may be wrong im sure ill get there in a few days

cheers for everyones support and responses

cheers

Damo

Hi Damo,

Sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble. Will send good vibes and hopefully all will be will in the next few days so you can start to enjoy your band.

Sam

hey guys

doing much better now

swelling must be subsideing as im taking about 2.4 ltrs of Water between 7am & 10pm

today was heaps better 2.0 ltr Water & 500ml of 1/2 strength Optifast which was great

shoulder pain flogged me but thats all but gone

checked in with my local GP and he was shocked hown much ive lost ......he weighed me & now a total loss to date at 26.2kg ...happy with that

im sure it will slow down once i go back onto anything but water lolol

thanks for the good vibes & support

cheers

Damo

Damo,

glad its all settled down for you. My swelling took a couple of weeks to settle down. At first dietitian and I thought maybe there was a fill, but Benita said no, its empty, so must just have been swelling all along.

Congrats on the weight loss. I've lost 4 k so far that I know of, won't know the next amount til I see Dr Copp for first fill on 27th this month.

Keep up the good work mate. Be no time at all and you won't know yourself.

hello all

well things are much better

fluids are up to about 3 ltr per day and feeling much more hydrated for it too. lol

still on fluids for a few more days and then gonna start on sloppy foods ( which i am looking forward to after drinking Water for last 8 days

now allowed some watered down custard & pumpkin Soup which is awesome

so ill keep ya posted once im getting onto the sloppy bits and let ya know the progress

thanks to everyone who has supported me with kind words of support

i hope everyone is doing really well.

Sunwyse..............ya definately right about Dr Copp & Benita .. what legends, they have been so good in " after sales support " with regards to my difficulty since being home.

cheers

Damo

Edited by Big Damo

Damo,

why were you doing Water for 8 days? I was told Clear liquids the first 24 hours and then it was full liquids after that, as long as it could go up a straw.

Glad its all settled down anyway. Bet you can't wait to taste real food again!

hello Sunwyse

well to answer your question....basically its all i could ( sorta ) keep down. Dr Copp said it was due to the heap of swelling i was getting which made me very very tight. so ive done the Water bit now im drinking lots of stuff. Now able to hold down full strength Kicstart which is nice.

after talking to Benita today shes happy for me to get onto thicker stuff like Soups etc & that she is getting the dietician to see me earlier than my scheduled appointment so we can re adjust my plan

so feeling heaps better now and things seem to be progressing nicely

how is things with you ?

cheers

Damo

All good Damo. As for me, I'm off for my first fill this afternoon. The large incision is just about all healed which is really nice. And I'll be able to update my weightloss checker later too :grouphug: