Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks since my banding and still feel so tired is this normal? And still not getting in all that Protein how do you do it! Brand new lot's of questions and can you give me meal ideas for a day! Thanks Again!:)

I am 8 days post banding and still feel tired. I guess it's normal. Everyone keeps remnding me I have had major surgeory. All the nurses and med. people kept reminding me of it too. I too have a hard time getting in three shakes in a day. My Dr. wants me to have at least 60 grans of Protein a days. I am getting at least 60-70 everyday. Are you doing too much at home? Like laundry, dishes taking kids palces? I have been doing all that and probably shouldn't be. Just take it easy. You will get your strength back when it's time. Listen to your body. That is the best thing you can do.

You are not alone. I am 11 days post-op and I am also very tired. :) I think its important to remember that everyone heals at a different rate. I get frustrated because I feel like I should be doing so much better. I wonder when I will feel normal again? I think when we are able to get more Protein in our diets we will notice a difference. I guess we just have to be patient.:tt2:

It's comforting to read your posts. I am progressing similarly. Don't rush the cream Soup - I did and it set me back a few days. Someone told me that in about 2 weeks we should feel alot better. I am doing Isopure for a major part of my Protein. Best of luck to everybody!

I am almost 7 weeks post op and I am getting my Protein in but I am still tired. I asked my dietician about it on Monday and she said that is a good sign - that means my body is burning fat.

I'm 4 days post-op and was very tired the first couple of days. Was just able to drink finish a Protein Drink and half yesterday (broke it up into three seperate meals). So, I know I'm not yet getting enough Protein. However, I felt a whole lot better today. Got up and walked through Walmart - picked up my cream of chicken, Tomato and potato Soups for next week. Am reminded to be sure to 'blenderize' these before eating/drinking. I can also have low fat yogurt next week. Have been really enjoying SF popsicles this week. I've had many major surgeries and have never bounced back as easy as this one (so far). I believe everyone of us is truly going to heal very, very differently.

Please take care and try to get your protein in as much as possible. I'm drinking EAS Advantage - carb control.

I think there was a typo there "boxer". I drink the whey protien made by six star that you can find at Wal-Mart. I try to drink three shakes a day. I'm getting closer to three these last couple of days. I can't have any cream Soups yet or no oatmeal or cream of wheat. Love those two too. Only liquids that can be sucked thru a straw without using a straw they said. Definately no straws.

Edited by Terri in KY

how did you add the ticker? Is it where they ask you in your profile to add an avatar? What about the dates and smileys too? I want to add things like these t omine but not sure how to.

I had cream of chic Soup on day 5, strained it like they said. Had problems that night too. Wasn't sure if I over did it that day or what. But I had a pain in the left side of my neck and in my stomach when I would breath in deep. The pain in my neck was there without taking a deep breath. I had also picked u pmy dog which weighs 12lbs. But I couldn't get to sleep until 3 o'clock in the morning! Anyone else have this problem?

Hi NFaith. Congrats on your banding. Your date was close to mine. Mine was done on 10/2/08. So you only needed to be on liquids for a week? My Dr. wants me on liquids for two weeks. How did you get the ticker? And add your dates to your relpys? Was it in your profile where they ask you if you want to add an avatar? What about the dates your Dr.'s name and the Smashing pumkin? I like to see your replies. I know when it is you!

:thumbup:

Hi all I am a "newbie" (banded on Oct. 1st 2008) and very happy I checked this thread today because I am having similar questions. Getting 3 shakes in is very, very hard..feeling so tired....feeling good one day and doing things and exhausted the next day. Hearing that is normal makes me feel much better. I would also like to dress up my name with a ticker so if anyone would give me some help i would appreciate it.Hope we are all feeling better soon. I am not allowed to eat cream Soups or any cereals until after day 14. good luck all.

PS Has e1 started driving yet? I am still limited to very local short trips.

It's very normal to be tired. I did not start feeling better untill the 4 th week. I have trouble with Protein as well. but you will do better when you feel better. are you still on liquids or soft foods. This helps some take slim fast what ever flover you like put it in a ice tray and freeze it. Being froze a very cold makes it eaiser to eat. When you get to solid foods i found i can eat can chicken or tuna better than any other meets. I put mayo in mine. And Walmart has a great protien bar with 20g of protien a bar. It's called pure protien bars i got choc and Peanut Butter and it is good tasting as well. Good luck lynnlynn