Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And so it begins...

Hi everyone. I had to share. I am not sure if I am laughing or crying, but I think I am taking it all in stride.

This is my second pregnancy and as of today I am 8 weeks and two days along and guess what?

My tummy is growing. A lot. It was NOT flat to begin with (heh, heh, wouldn't that have been nice) but it is definately bigger. Today I look pregnant. Even my husband said so.

I have no clothes because all of the clothes I could fit last year I have given away as they were too big. So, I am going to hit Target Maternity this weekend. I don't feel too bad as I was in maternity clothes at 10 weeks last time....but really? The pregnant stomach already?

The bright side--I get a new wardrobe! Here is to hoping you alls tummies stay flat a little while longer!:)

It's because it is your second pregnancy.

The website I get info every week on my pregnancy from, they have 'models' for that week.. and some girls looked 6 months pregnant at only 6 or 7 weeks!! Then I found out, if you've already had a kid you're more likely to have a bigger belly really quick.. I'm guessing because your uterus has stretched out before, or something. I originally thought due to the loose skin, but I have tons of loose skin from weight loss and at 3 months you would not know I am pregnant if I didn't tell you.

I wish my belly would show up, my clothes don't fit comfortably but I do not look pregnant, just frumpy. I want to wear maternity but I can imagine the eye rolls when I'm walking around in maternity clothes with no iota of a bump. heh.

Wow, at 8 weeks??? I remember I didn't start showing so that people noticed until I was 5 months with my first child, and I was an average weight then. I was trying to think of when it would start being noticeable and I was thinking maybe January/February . . . but if you are already showing at 8 weeks, I could start popping before the end of the year, lol.

My husband tells me I am already showing as well. I don't believe him at all. I am sure if I were kissing my stomach several times a day . . . it would look bigger from that angle as well, lol. I think it is just wishful thinking on his part.

I think I wouldn't mind lack of showing until about the ninth month, lol. Although give it another few weeks of getting used to the idea of "omg I'm pregnant" and I am sure I will change my mind.

It's because it is your second pregnancy.

The website I get info every week on my pregnancy from, they have 'models' for that week.. and some girls looked 6 months pregnant at only 6 or 7 weeks!! Then I found out, if you've already had a kid you're more likely to have a bigger belly really quick.. I'm guessing because your uterus has stretched out before, or something. I originally thought due to the loose skin, but I have tons of loose skin from weight loss and at 3 months you would not know I am pregnant if I didn't tell you.

I wish my belly would show up, my clothes don't fit comfortably but I do not look pregnant, just frumpy. I want to wear maternity but I can imagine the eye rolls when I'm walking around in maternity clothes with no iota of a bump. heh.

I am curious about the website you are referring to . . . can you please share? I am really interested to see how people look at various phases because I really don't have a good idea yet.

Babycenter.com talks about showing earlier. I don't think other people would notice I am pregnant....well maybe they would. They would be able to know that I gained weight though and maybe suspect I am pregnant. Fairy is right, its due to being pregnant before. Its as if my back fat has been pulled to the front or something. My pants are tight.

It isn't a "bump" just a general mass that is rounder than it was lets say 8 weeks ago lo

I don't think that it helps that the only thing that helps me quell the relentless, constant, sickness is mashed potatoes and gravy and tortilla chips and salsa. If I eat another piece of ginger anything I am going to vomit and we don't want that. Truth is, I can do without sweet stuff altogether.

Fairy--Girl, go get you some maternity pants!! You will feel soo much better, and truthfully, they have some at target that are called 0-9 months and they look like "regular" pants. You really won't be able to see the panel if they have one at all. you will be a lot more comfortable. Just wear your regular shirts and no one will know you are stylin' in the maternity gear. heh heh

Baby Gaga: Pregnancy & Parenting Social Network & Resources

This is the website I look at.. careful with entering your due date and 'learn all about your pregnancy' , it never takes me to the right week. Whatever week it takes you to, go back or forward to your week.. then it says what your baby is doing, what you're doing.. and on the left hand side it shows a 'week whatever model' and if you click on that person it has a bunch of people in that week you can look at.

Huge ranges every week, some people definitely look preg, some people just look overweight and slouching (which I can do) which makes you look preg, and some people look like me.. no signs of pregnancy at all!

Here's some from my week (11)

model1824.jpg

model816.jpg

(Someone made this comment--

this is what i look like and im 11 weeks today! but i heard you get bigger faster with your second child and this is my second one. And im deffinatly bigger then i was with my son! i didnt show till i was like 6 months with him!)

Here's some week 8 models---

model194.jpg

model973.jpg

Edited by FairyFacade

Here's my now belly.

Since it looks like maybe I had a belly, had to show my last non-preg belly pic I took, I have lost about 30lbs since that pic, but the way I am deflating, I always have this 'ledge' on my mid-belly that hangs, and then the pannis. So in my not-pregnant-looking-belly any sort of hump is actually just my flabby rolls.

My flab rolls are just getting harder on the bottom, thus the pants not fitting well.

nobump.jpg