Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

My wife has been doing fantastic since her surgery in June. She has lost about 60 pounds.

She has hit somewhat of a "plateau" for the past couple of weeks. She has not gained or lost. Is this normal? She is a little concerned.

She has had two fills, the last on in early August.

She feels great. She started at about 270 and is 210 now.

Any suggestions for her?

Thanks,

Dustydog

I'm not sure what I can say to help her get past the plateau but I do know that I tend to loose for a couple weeks then stop for a couple weeks. I had my surgery June 9th and as of this morning i'm down 67 pounds. I've lost steadily for the last 2 weeks but for the 2 weeks prior to that the scale didn't budge. Just keep encouraging her and tell her to hang in there. It will move again.

Hi All

I too am having trouble with a plateau. I have fluctuated up and down, only to wind up losing only one pound in five weeks. I got banded June 25th and have lost 40 pounds total. To be frank I am rather frustrated. Wishing your wife

the best of luck. I would love to hear from some who have made it through a plateau, especially with some tips to share!!!:angry:

dont worry guys youre doing great i was banded in june and have only lost 16lbs now thats frustrating!!! the dietician says i'm doing it all right and that i'm just a slow loser it does get me down but at least its off where as i might of put on another 16lbs if i hadnt had the surgery xxx

Hi all,

i got a tip from the forum to check this website. It is dr fox's plateau busting diet. Sometimes you just have to switch things up. Increase your work out time or do a different exercise. Your body gets used to doing the same or eating the same and you just have to shock it. Good luck