Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't go into great detail about my surgery yesterday. However, her is my advice for you lapband day. I was totally freaked out the morning of surgery. I was wheeled in the pre-op room, then into the surgery room, then I woke up in the recovery room! I am sore, but they way I look at it, a little pain today is going to keep me from a lot of pain later!

1. Don't be in a hurry to get home. Relax, get as comfortable as possible and relize you will be there all day.
  2. Don't be a hero. Take you pain meds! You feel better and can sleep better.
  3. You will feel much, much better the next day. I drove my son to school today, dropped off my dry cleaning and picked up a movie. You will be moving slower, but thats good!
  4. I bought a "Thermos Brand, hydration bottle" it keeps your Water ice cold all day! You can find it on the internet.

Lastly, it takes a lot of courage to go into surgery feeling healthy. You can do it....IT DID!:lol:

Andy Garcia

Simi Valley, CA:thumbup:

Congratulations on the band! I was just banded on 9/24/08. I know what you mean about being sore. I am feeling extremly better now than I did when I went home. I was banded on Wednesday and I returned to work on that following Monday. I think it is good to try and walk around but not to over due it. I have lost 12 lbs in 9 days. My total weight loss from before and after the band is a total of 57lbs! I am loving the band! Good luck to you and your band I hope everything goes well for you. :lol:

congratulation to u both my day is comin gup , Oct 8th I will be feeling how u guys feel.

Keep up the great weight loss littlemissband and good luck to u robtyty on ur new life.

Becky

Congratulations!

How about your bra? Did it bug you afterwards, you know to go home in?

Also: Why do people say to take Gas-X? Isn't that for your stomach? and this is in a completely different area?

i bought the gas-x for my surgery and didn't use it...i am with you...the gas-x is for your stomach...the gas that everyone talks about is actually air that they use to inflate your body...just my two cents!

Congratulations!

How about your bra? Did it bug you afterwards, you know to go home in?

Also: Why do people say to take Gas-X? Isn't that for your stomach? and this is in a completely different area?

You will have intestional gas too, thats what the GAS-X is recommended for.

some people need the gas X...l had not gas pains at all...thank goodness...my sites are far lower than my bra line also...almost even with my belly button, so wearing a bra is no issue here..Good luck to all

I hope I react the same as you have so far Robtyty I really want to do the SX on a Thursday or Friday and be back at work (a desk job) on Monday. I have noticed how large a range there is in peoples reactions to the surgery.

Congrats!

I was banded just yesterday 10/4/2008 and I was in a huge hurry to get home, but my nurses made me wait about an hour or so before I left.

I couldn't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed though--that was heaven for me....

CONGRATS on making it through well, and thank you very much for the great tips!!

Take Care