Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

hey all,

been hanging around here a looong time. actually, had a date in january 08 but was cancelled due to insurance reasons. well, almost a year later, i have a date.....finally!!!! my date is DEC. 30th. Bringing in the new year with a new way of life.

hey all,

been hanging around here a looong time. actually, had a date in january 08 but was cancelled due to insurance reasons. well, almost a year later, i have a date.....finally!!!! my date is DEC. 30th. Bringing in the new year with a new way of life.

Hi Greeniiii,

I live in Independence -we are neighbors... Hard to believe you have had such a long wait. I started the process in March 2008, and was banded on Dec 4th. Because of better medicare coverage I went to Topeka and had my procedure done at St. Francis by Tallgrass surgeon, Dr. Berntsen. I've been very happy with Dr. B and her staff, but it still took a looong time to get all the T's crossed and I's dotted. I had my post-op visit yesterday and everything looked good. I am feeling great! Last week was good and bad - but nothing was too bad. My biggest problem has been fatigue, but we've had weather fronts coming through which always aggravates my fibromyalgia - hence the fatigue.

No matter - I've graduated to mushies and had a scrambled egg for Breakfast this morning! It was absolutely the best scrambled egg ever eaten!

Good luck to you - this is an incredible journey we are embarking on, and we are all going to be so successful!

Hi everyone, I wanted to say Hi and intoduce myself. :biggrin: My date is December 26 as long as I pass my stress test on the 16th. I have to do a 2 week pre-op liquid diet and this is my first day of that. I would appreciate any ideas on what do do to make it a little more tolerable. What's funny is before I drank my morning Protein Shake today I wasn't too hungry, it wasn't very good and now I'm starving! I would like it if anybody has some Soup ideas. Anyway, I am a little scared and excited, I want to be healthy and lighter, take the weight off my knees and back, and so important to me is I want to have a child and be an energetic mommy someday. Good luck to everyone in making your dreams come true, I am proud of all of us for taking this step to change our lives for the better! :) PS. I love the name Holiday Hotties!

Hi AuntGigi,

Welcome to the group. I was banded 12/10 and am in the recover stage. I see you have a two week pre-op liquid diet. I only had to do a 3 day pre-op and I thought that was going to be tough. By the 3rd day, I was sure I could keep going on the liquid diet, because by then all of my hunger had passed. I think the thing that got me through the liquid diet was drinking Protein. I had a protein shake every day and I drank protein Water. If you keep your protein levels up that should help with the hunger. It sure helps me.

I'm a Dec date! I did it last Wednesday the 10th. I'm having terrible gas pains and would love to hear from some Dec Banders that might be experiencing the same.

Karen

Hello, I am new here. I was banded on 12-11-08. I am on the liquid diet for two weeks. I am afraid to drink. I am hungry and worried about dehydration since I am finding it challenging to drink. The diets vary so much. I find that odd. I was not on any kind of pre op diet either. Your advice is appreciated

I had my surgery yesterday. I can't believe I'm finally banded! I got in at noon. it was supposed to be outpatient but I ended up having to stay overnight because I had a lot of pain. the problem was that I had really strong core muscles so it was hard for them to get through them to do the surgery. they had to be rough to get through so now my stomach is really tender. also I woke up really quickly because of problems with nausea and pain. but the hospital was great and soon I was all caught up on the pain meds so it wasn't too bad after that. In the end I'm really glad that I spent the night in the hospital.

I feel no hunger at all so far and for the first time since starting my 10 day diet I'm full! This is the best feeling.

I'm banded! Woohoo! I had my surgery December 12th. I was the last one of the day and didn't the option to go home same day. I am glad that I stayed overnight though. Everything went smooth. My tummy isn't in much pain, but my shoulder and neck are killing me. Hopefully this gas finishes working itself out today.

I'm banded! Woohoo! I had my surgery December 12th. I was the last one of the day and didn't the option to go home same day. I am glad that I stayed overnight though. Everything went smooth. My tummy isn't in much pain, but my shoulder and neck are killing me. Hopefully this gas finishes working itself out today.

The shoulder and neck pain were the worse for me and finally this morning i can finally breathe some relief the pain is almost gone:blush:

Hope all week2 bandsters have happy and healthy healing!!

How are Week 1 bandsters doing?

Bkhuffman, Hi been there , too. Felt like everything I ate/drank gave me gas:crying: Walking helped me, as well as fluids. Read somewhere warm apple juice helped some people with bowel problems. i had gas but not bowel problems but it's all the same area. drank some warm ( not hot) apple juice and it helped.

Hi Fran, Thanks for your reply ;-) I did better than expected the first day of liquids, I had the Protein Drinks and the broth helped for a change of taste. I felt pretty good until the end of the night and today I feel really weak. I have heard from someone else too that the 3rd day is better, so I look forward to that as I have to go to work tomorrow. I weighed myself today and was down 4lbs, all those trips to the bathroom I suppose, but a nice suprise for a usually slow loser! Well, anyway, I want to congratulate all the newly banded and wish you the best of luck and health, I will be following your progress!

I really liked Jello day one and two after surgery! Was really good to me for some reason. I drank gatorade too, out of a sippy cup. The sippy cup helped me not drink to fast. When I did not use the cup I took too big of drinks and had a pain and then burped and then all was well. I used the cup for about a week, there is a Playtex sippy cup that looks like a small on the go coffee mug (got it at Wal-Mart) Now I am used to taking small sips.

Today is day 4 post-op. I'm making progress. I'm not quite as tired as I was the day of surgery, when all I wanted to do was sleep. My incisions look like they are healing nicely.

I'm still having gas problems. I think I need to go to the sippy cup as someone else said they did, a few posts ago. I am swallowing too much air, I think, and the gas gets stuck in my chest. Also, I am SO hungry. I can't wait to start soft mushies in about 9 days or to get my first fill.

I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

hi all,

my name is china i have surgery in the morning glad the day is finally here. i think im doing alright i feel alright. im off to the hospital at 630 but, my surgery isn't till 1030am. so wish me luck and good luck to those how have surgery in the morning too.:thumbup::tongue2:

Good luck China and congrats to all the week 2 bandsters...welcome to "Band Land" (as one of my friends put it :thumbup:). I see that you all are doing pretty good, other than those little gas isues:confused_smile:. I like the sippy cup idea. I wish I would have thought of that when I was first out. I am going on day 12 and soon will be starting on mushies. I cant wait, to actually kinda chew something. Time is really flying and my incisions are healing well. All is good!!

:thumbup:Best os luck to all of week 3. :confused_smile:

Hi team...well my band day is finally here!! It is 2:30AM and I am leaving for the hospital (2-1/2 hr. trip) accompanied by DH & DDog. Thanks to all of you have prayed & are praying for me. China, my twin, I will be praying for you! MarilynC