Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

My surgery date is November 20th also. I am very scared about it and sad that I don't have the family support I want. Hopefully, they will be there for me when they finally see how much I want to do this and feel better, mentally and physically.

Raphaella

Does anyone on this thread have Aetna Health Insurance? The reason I ask is I got preapproved and I have met all my requirments and My Surgeon has booked me on the 18th and they said they are submitting all my paperwork to get an Authz number. Does anyone know how long this takes..... I'm trying not to ge EXCITED till I get that Authz#. My dr. doesn't seem to think there will be a problem but I'm just so SCARED to be happy.

FINALLY got my insurance approval today. I have had my surgery date for a couple weeks and was getting nervous waiting for the approval. It got denied at first and they re-submitted the paperwork 2 weeks ago. My surgery is 2 weeks from today, Nov 17th. I can't wait. I had my pre-admission testing with the anesthesiologist this morning. So excited!:D

I don't know about you guys but I'm having lots of emotions running. I get banded on the 24th, the pre-op starts on the 10th. The doctor said the pre-op is to make your liver shrink a bit so that putting the band on goes well - good placement. They also want to see that you can do the diet before the surgery. I have put off buying the Protein Shakes, but will be doing that this weekend. Last suppers, yes I've already had a few. If you want some realistic reading go to the page http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f260/im-here-help-64725/ - Indigo Girl has lost lots of weight and provides some real life insights, the band in her thoughts does 25% of the work and you do 75%. I don't know about you but I was hoping for a 50/50 split, oh well, here we go! I guess 25% is better than what I've had until now 100%/o and no luck losing. I plan to participate in a local support group, both for nutrition and general support. I've learned so much on this website.

Just got my date on Saturday, will be November 14th!! How exciting yet scary, we are going to change our life forever!!!!

It will be a quiet Thanksgiving, we will be the only ones not to gain 5 lbs. or more!!

:tongue:

I think that my date is going to have to be moved to December.:sad_smile:This idiot woman at my GP's office keeps writing the clearance letter wrong. She just copies the sample letter and then my doctor signs it without even reading it at all. I will be taking her the perfectly worded letter today to copy and sign. It will take two days to get it back. This will be the third try. I didn't do it this way before, because I don't have Word on my computer. Finally just wrote it in an e-mail and printed it out. I have been trying to get this letter for three weeks now!:tongue: I haven't had a Diet Coke in four and a half days. I'm so addicted, that I have been in withdrawal. Not from caffeine, because I'm still drinking that. Just the damned Coke! I've been constantly nauseous, had horrible Migraines and have no energy whatsoever. I cry at the drop of a hat and the cravings!!!! I wanted to get off the Diet Coke before giving up other things, to reduce the emotional pain. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello, and sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the dr's office. Hopefully, that will improve soon. I had to give up caffeine a few years ago due to heart palpitaitons and to keep from going totally bonkers, I mixed my coffee 1/2 Decaf, 1/2 regular for a few days, and then slowly reversed it one teaspoon at a time, until I had it down to all caffeine. I know coke is a bit hard to do that with, but perhaps mixing iwth coke zero and following the same procedure might help.

I'm scheduled for surgery on 11/6 and am batteling a sinus infection that has gone into my chest. I've gotten a shot, high powered drugs and am on my preop liquid diet. Talk about a real bear at this house, I'm it. I'm praying that I can still have my surgery without having to move out the date.

best of luck on getting everything through this time.

imdoingit, I know exactly how you feel. I'm ready, and apprehensive at the same time. I do have some first hand knowledge in that my daughter was banded in June of 07. she's now at her goal weight of 120, and a very proud and happy lady. She never looked back from that day, and has been totally successful.

We will be too. Hang in there and look forward to the positive results.

It took me over a year to get approved by my insurance. Things took so long, my insurance changed and I had to go thru the whole process again. Finally in June, I got banded. I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy. After several adjustments, I lose from 2 to 4 lb a month only. And either I am puking up EVERYTHING I eat, and unable to eat at all until evening time, or they take more out, and I am miserably hungry. If it works at all, even tho I try the 30 chew per bite (actualy I do 60) The first 10 or 20 bites I take, have to be puked up, no matter what it is. Unless its Soup. I cannot eat with friends or family -- as I have to have a puke cup right alongside me. I am sore from the puking. And they drain out some Fluid, and now I am just hungry 24 X 7. I hate this. It was supposed to help. They never told me that I would never again be able to eat in public, or that I would puke the rest of my life, and that I would only loose 2 lb a month, or 4 on a good month. At this rate, I will be dead of old age before I loose this weight, and living in misery besides. I have been on this forum, and cant figure out how to do a new post, so I am replying to a post -- just to make myself HEARD -- that anyone who has not done a band, DONT DO IT DONT DO IT. Like me, it might not work for you, and your life is completely RUINED. TBYRD.

It took me over a year to get approved by my insurance. Things took so long, my insurance changed and I had to go thru the whole process again. Finally in June, I got banded. I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy. After several adjustments, I lose from 2 to 4 lb a month only. And either I am puking up EVERYTHING I eat, and unable to eat at all until evening time, or they take more out, and I am miserably hungry. If it works at all, even tho I try the 30 chew per bite (actualy I do 60) The first 10 or 20 bites I take, have to be puked up, no matter what it is. Unless its Soup. I cannot eat with friends or family -- as I have to have a puke cup right alongside me. I am sore from the puking. And they drain out some Fluid, and now I am just hungry 24 X 7. I hate this. It was supposed to help. They never told me that I would never again be able to eat in public, or that I would puke the rest of my life, and that I would only loose 2 lb a month, or 4 on a good month. At this rate, I will be dead of old age before I loose this weight, and living in misery besides. I have been on this forum, and cant figure out how to do a new post, so I am replying to a post -- just to make myself HEARD -- that anyone who has not done a band, DONT DO IT DONT DO IT. Like me, it might not work for you, and your life is completely RUINED. TBYRD.

First off this is a positive thread...2nd you aren't a november bandster...lol...third it's rude to try to scare people especially when most of us are still waiting for our surgeries to come.:thumbup: