Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New member from KY

I would just like to say hello to everyone. I have been viewing the site for awhile and finally registered. I am still adjusting to my new lifestyle change. I was banded on Sept. 10, 2008. I am almost on week 3. My post op appointment is on Oct 8, 2008 and I am hoping i will get a fill then. I did not get one the day of my surgery. I must say that this is a whole new experience for me. I am hoping this will be the journey of a lifetime.:thumbdown: I am welcome to any information that anyone would like to give me.

Hi I am from KY also. I was banded Aug 21 and i am still learning. It takes some getting used to . I went back for my 6 wks check up and my Dr. did not do a fill because i had lost 14lbs since my 2wk check up . I go back Oct 15 i don't know if he will do a fill then are not. So if you lose quite befor your 6 wk check up don't be surprized if he don't do a fill . Hang in there . But it's a good feeling to see the results. :thumbdown: lynnlynn

My Dr. was Dr. Jeffery Allen in Louisville . I had my surgery on July the 21 . I have lost 46lbs since then. I go back Oct 15 i don;t know if he will do a fill are not. He has not done one yet because i have lost weight without a fill. It's good to talk to someone from here. I am not very good at finding things in this forum . If i can be of furture help you can email me at lynnlynn@insightbb.com. Thanks for writeing me back Dottie

Hey girls! I'm from Mt. Washington, KY. My surgery will be 10-30. I'm being banded in Mexico and my local dr here will be Jeffrey Allen. I hate to hear that he didn't give you a fill but I think it's great that you lost so much. Is it willpower or the band???

My Dr. was Dr. Jeffery Allen in Louisville . I had my surgery on July the 21 . I have lost 46lbs since then. I go back Oct 15 i don;t know if he will do a fill are not. He has not done one yet because i have lost weight without a fill. It's good to talk to someone from here. I am not very good at finding things in this forum . If i can be of furture help you can email me at lynnlynn@insightbb.com. Thanks for writeing me back Dottie

Hi ladies!! Lynn, I was curious if you went through Norton? I believe Dr. Allen is with that group. I am going with them, but my surgeon is Dr. Kehdy. I go on Tuesday, the 7th for my Psych. Eval. and Nutrition Appts. I was curious if you can tell me what your Psych. Eval. consisted of. I have heard they can be anywhere from very minimal to extremely in depth and was just curious what I was in for. Also, how was your overall experience if you did go through Norton's?

I see you are in Radcliff. I live in Brandenburg by otter creek park. I will be glad to help you anyway i can. Yes i did go though nortons. About your evel. It depends on if you have any medical history . You are young so i will guess all you may ahve to do is the check exray and labs befor surgery. But don't hold me to that. Me on the other had had to go amost to God and back LOL. But i have had open heart surgery and i am a lot older than you are 51 . So just depends on how healthy you are befor the surgery. Lynn