Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laurasweightloss.com

I just took a closer look at this ad on the right hand side when it popped up on one of the arenas on here. We are giving ad space to an herbal supplement that promotes losing 44 lbs in just 3 mos? Doesn't that go against almost everything that we are trying to convey here?

Seriously, we talk all the time about how there is no magic pill that will make you slim and fit. That you have to work in order to get the results you want with your body. Then, we have an ad on here that is promoting itself to be a "magic pill" of sorts, a fad diet. It does not make any sense to me. If someone comes on here looking for information about the lapband procedure and sees that ad, it looks to them as if it is a viable alternative to exercise, watching what you eat (it actually says "with no dieting") or even having the procedure done.

I know the website either takes on ads to pay for itself or it becomes a subscription only basis, but don't the mods and administrators have some control over the ads being put on here. Can we take that one off of here? It goes against everything I thought this website stood for IMO.

i have absolutely NO idea... i really wish we did though because the google ad for Kimkins is still popping up and that woman is the biggest fraud i've ever heard of....

I haven't noticed that one ljm, I guess I haven't paid too much attention to the ads. I'll have to keep looking at them.

Thanks for replying though. It's nice to hear from a mod/admin. on this.

Edit: I did a google search on KimKims and I would have to agree. Basically along the same lines as the LWL.com ad. Just seems to go against what we talk about on here.

Edited by Ceradad

I just took a closer look at this ad on the right hand side when it popped up on one of the arenas on here. .

common' ceradad - you clicked on the ad cause of the booty shot of her "after photo"....LOL:tongue2:

common' ceradad - you clicked on the ad cause of the booty shot of her "after photo"....LOL:tongue2:

Guilty.:)

But, c'mon, you gotta admit, even you find that booty captivating.:thumbup:

And, :D backacha.

Guilty.:D

But, c'mon, you gotta admit, even you find that booty captivating.:)

And, :unsure: backacha.

:thumbup: vast improvment of the before!!!..lol

also didn't pay 15k for a band to buy a bottle of pills after the fact...:drool:

Hah I'm glad you posted about this, just because all this time I thought that ad used Cookies to know your name, and was filling in the blank with whoever's name came here.. since I'm Laura and I always see Laura in the ads.

I think the best solution, and thing to learn here.. don't click on ads. Just like any other website you go to, it's all scammy BS, if they were legit they wouldn't have tasteless ads flashing and ruining the retinas of your eyes.

I have the ability to block advertisers. I've gone ahead and blocked the Kimkins and Laurasweightloss. Let me know if there are others like these please.

I have the ability to block advertisers. I've gone ahead and blocked the Kimkins and Laurasweightloss. Let me know if there are others like these please.

ahhh, didnt know that was possible, thanks Alex. kimkins really is deadly... the 'old' kimkins promoted Water fasting for weeks, under 600 cals per day, people have been seriously injured on that 'diet'

re: "the FAT switch"....

I found mind decades ago. It was corroded and stuck in the ON position.....

HAHAHA! Good damn point, Jack!

One of my gf's keeps thinking they're going to come up with some pill; it drives me nutters. "I don't eat that much; I need a pill to tell my fat cells to let go." :lol: Doesn't eat fruit and when she does eat, it's fried foods at a restaurant.

HAHAHA! Good damn point, Jack!

One of my gf's keeps thinking they're going to come up with some pill; it drives me nutters. "I don't eat that much; I need a pill to tell my fat cells to let go." :biggrin: Doesn't eat fruit and when she does eat, it's fried foods at a restaurant.

My theory on the pills.. if they ever find one that works, it would be breaking news, CNN & Fox would be covering it, and your doctor would actual recommened it.

It would not be for sale late nights on infomercials for $19.95 a bottle + free gift. :thumbup:

Thanks alex. Much appreciated.