Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Even if you are a self pay...

Good morning all!

I was banded April 7th but had problems with my "flippin port"...it flipped over and they could not access it for fills. So they went in on May 25 and put me back under and re-attached it "with fishin line. Now it ain't gonna move!" per my doctor. I was a self pay for my surgery and had to pay an additonal $250 to go back into surgery to fix my port. They told me that even if United Healthcare would not pay for the initial surgery, they probably would pay for the fills and the port repair. Well, last night I got my EOB from the May 25th surgery and they paid on it! Granted it was out of network and there was a $2000 deductible, but they still paid $2032.14! I am waiting to see what UHC does on the fills.

Hold on kids! There is still hope for some kind of payment!!!

that is wonderful i ahve united health care also i am hoping to get banded in july i have been approved but havent rec. a date yet . so how much was your surgery . sandie

Good job getting insurance to cover something. I know I won't get anything out of insurance - and I work in the office that helps establish our insurance policy.

Think thin and good luck.

HOORAY!!! I never even thought of checking with UHC to see if they would cover fills and aftercare!! They don't cover the surgery in Michigan. Thank you for (possibly) making my whole weekend!!!

Chris

That is really good news. I am a self-pay because there is an exclusion in my policy for anything related to weight loss. They said that most school districts will exclude weight loss items "due to the large number of overweight teachers"! @*!

Anyway, I was worried about the possiblilty of complications not related to the surgery (reactions to meds, anesthesia, or worse). I am sure everything will be fine, but at $1000/day just for the hospital, I can't afford for much to go wrong.

I have a tentative surgery day of the 27th--I'm hoping there will be a cancellation and that I can move my date up. I have to go back to work Aug. 5.

Thanks for the info!

Colleen

Guest searchin4me

Is there a way to make payments if you are self pay? How does that work does anyone know? Any help is appreciated I really want to get this done so I can start to feel better again.

I was told by Inamed that there is a finance company that they have special consideration with for bandsters. If your band doctor is not familiar with this then call Inamed they can tell you more. ~Mandy

Guest searchin4me

Thanks I will look into this but who or what is Inamed and where can I find the number?

Inamed makes the band. You can find them at www.inamed.com Good luck~Mandy

Guest searchin4me

Thanks Mandy I found their number at the website and I plan to call them tomarrow.

I spoke with Don Mills at 1-800-624-4261 ext 4546 He was very helpful and sent me some material to submit to my insurance. Hope this helps~Mandy