Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Thread for January 2007 bandsters (or anyone else who would like to join in) for support, encouragement, and a little of everything else in between.

Its all so individual too. For me, if I don't get into the "normal" wt on the chart I will feel like I failed to some degree. My friend has lost slightly over 100lbs but she is still considered obese on the charts and she it totally cool with it. We are also wear the same size clothes. How that can be I have no idea, but we do. I am into size 12's some 10's. She has had a lbl and I have not but still.

I remember being in HS thinking that I was fat too. And I weighed about 140 lbs. I am not sure that I can get there now. My OB said that I have had 2 kids since then and not to expect to get back to there.

Is anyone else shocked at what they found underneath all that fat? I am AMAZED at how small I am in my upper body particularly. I scratch my shoulders or back and am truly surprised. I am pretty bony and I dont ever remember being bony.

Now between my waist and my knees..... ugh. It isn't cute.

I have 3 boys and neither of my boys took after me. They are both tall and skinny, like their dad. But my nieces are heavy and I see my oldest neice going to HS and not eating because she is embarrased. I have sat them all down and we have gone to sparkteens.com to talk about food choices and calories and stuff. Their mom just isn't educated on calories herself so she feeds her children un healthy foods and portions.

But message that we women are getting on what is considered beautiful is so distorted. Those body types are just not what most of us are or could ever be.

I guess for me, I just want to be happy with my weight. Not sure that will ever happen. I might always be critical and never be happy. Something I must work on.

I agree, I always thought I had a "large frame" or at least a medium. Well, acording to my skinny little wrist measurements, I have a "small frame". I never new that! I don't EVER remember having boney wrist.

I can't even wear a watch because they hang off of me. I recently had a Bracelet made and the lady was measuring me and said "wow, you have small wrist". Wow, no one has ever said ANYTHING on my body was small.

Today makes day 4 that I have been up by 4:45 and at the gym. I am so hungry these days. Seems like my fill is no longer working. I have called for fill #13 scheduled 10/6.

I seem to be hungry after about 2 hours of food. I ate a 1/2 of eggwhite omlet from IHOP this morning, and 2 hours later I had a yogurt with granola, and then I ate a few nuts because my hunger is raging?

I am SO frusterated with my restriction, I either have it, for a little bit, then I lose it, then get filled and I get closed up? I used to feel that I didn't have restriction if I didn't have to take small bites of food, I don't feel that way anymore. However, I do feel like I should not be hunger after just 2 hours?

I know the exercise is making me hungrier too, but darn it, the band should help that - don't you think?

Anyhow, besides the restriction level, everything is great. I'm forcing myself NOT to eat the bad stuff, eat healthy and measure my portions. I am just hoping when I weigh in on Monday I will see the 160's!

Sunshine, thanks for giving us a great new name. Congrats on all that exercise, I'm impressed! I haven't been on 'cause I feel like a failure right now. I got down to about 175 with my goal being 155. Wellllll, I have since gained about 18 lbs. I never know what this crazy band is going to do. I can sometimes eat anything and sometimes eat nothing. The other day I pb'd on eating 3 bites on lettuce and 3 spoonfuls of Soup. I don't know if I should have a fill or not. I'm like you sunshine, the dr. puts it in I have terrible acid reflux and he has to take it out again. I have just been eating what goes down well. Not good! Please all any advice would be appreciated.... I hate gaining after all I've been through.

:smile2:

Thanks,

Susie-q

Tonya---yeah...we needed a fresh face!! Great idea.

About your hunger...home many grams of Protein are you consuming? Also, someone told me to have a bit of carbs...helps with energy. I am very seldom hungry. But I'm so conditioned to eating three squares (or crap food) a day that I'm anal!! I don't always eat much when I'm not real hungery but I always eat. My bad.

Susie...you're not a failure...you just having a time of it. We all have struggles and it is a process...not an overnight fix for some of us. Stick with us and we will be your support. I went up and down for at least the first six months this year. Maybe checking in more frequently will help you. Please stick around.

I've noticed my mood being a bit brighter and I'm happy to come here again. It is like, I gotta talk to my people!! All two or three of you! :smile2:

I love the name Tonya! Now we just need a badge or something to go with! :tongue2:

When I started that "Anyone here" thread, I never expected it to be the one everyone posted on. I guess I should've known better. We were quite the talkative group back then!

Sunshine, thanks for giving us a great new name. Congrats on all that exercise, I'm impressed! I haven't been on 'cause I feel like a failure right now. I got down to about 175 with my goal being 155. Wellllll, I have since gained about 18 lbs. I never know what this crazy band is going to do. I can sometimes eat anything and sometimes eat nothing. The other day I pb'd on eating 3 bites on lettuce and 3 spoonfuls of Soup. I don't know if I should have a fill or not. I'm like you sunshine, the dr. puts it in I have terrible acid reflux and he has to take it out again. I have just been eating what goes down well. Not good! Please all any advice would be appreciated.... I hate gaining after all I've been through.

:thumbup:

Thanks,

Susie-q

Susie,

How are you doing? I think about you often and wonder how you are doing.

Regarding the acid reflux, I find that if I don't eat past 7:30 or 8, I don't have it. Lately It seems I can eat up until Midnight and no problems. I feel so loose!

I went to the fair last night, ate a corn dog (my favorite), then I had a freid cheese stick - another one of my favs. You would think I would be full, but no, I ate AGAIN. I had fried pickles, and then a fried Jal pepper on a stick - (this was good, but HOT), I then ate 1/2 a container of the pinapple whip - this is when I was full, and I passed it on to my newphew to finish. I did soooooo bad last night.

I'm back on track today though! And will have to do double exercise this weekend to make up all the calories!

Your doing good Susie, I had the same problem, I went from 167 all the way back up to 187 - 20 LBS. I have started getting back to the basics of eating with the Lap Band (protiens first) etc and it is coming off again. Back down to 171! Also, exercising is helping me too.

I love the name Tonya! Now we just need a badge or something to go with! :thumbup:

When I started that "Anyone here" thread, I never expected it to be the one everyone posted on. I guess I should've known better. We were quite the talkative group back then!

I was just trying to get my motivation back, you know the kind we had when we first got the band - I seemed to have lost that somewhere along the way.

I noticed EVERYONE has a name, but us. So, I was scrambling around and came up with that.

How are you doing, hows the pregnancy? You feeling okay? I noticed that your signature said - getting back after pregnancy? I hope everything went well, tell us how you are doing, we miss ya!

Edited by Sunshine2

About your hunger...home many grams of Protein are you consuming?

I am getting between 60 to 80, I have tried to increase that and see if that helps. I think I'm going to start drinking a Protein shake in the afternoon and see if that helps.

I just feel like I can eat way too much these days...grrrr. doesn't mean I have to, but sometimes I find myself "testing" the band, like I did last night at the Fair!

Tonya you sound like me!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get a PS consult and that will give you the motivation to stay on plan! LOL YIKES... I need to be back to my siggy weight by next week and that means actually DRINKING water! 180 today.. grrr

Tonya you sound like me!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get a PS consult and that will give you the motivation to stay on plan! LOL YIKES... I need to be back to my siggy weight by next week and that means actually DRINKING water! 180 today.. grrr

Tracy - have you had your PS consult yet? What did they say? I told my DH that when I get to 155 and I still have a tummy, I'm going for PS, he siad I would deserve it and he had no problem with it. I would take a loan out of my 401K.

Anyhow, give me details on your PS.

How are you doing, hows the pregnancy? You feeling okay? I noticed that your signature said - getting back after pregnancy? I hope everything went well, tell us how you are doing, we miss ya!

I just saw your thread about your baby and saw her picture. wow, she is really beautiful! Congratulations on such a wonderful gift!

Good Morning Jammers!!

Hope the weekend treated all of you well and we are full of motivation for the week ahead!! I'm feeling particularly motivated. I did hear Tracy suggest a consult with a PS...and I think I will put that on my agenda...I need these jugs reduced and picked back up!! So, maybe the consult will steel my resolve.

I stepped on the scale...first time it said 60 pounds lost...second time...58. Crap!! I want it clear and with no hedging!! I'm going to try harder this week.

I'm doing my Protein powder this week. And drinking my water!!

How about you all..what are your goals for the week?

I'm going to try harder this week.

I'm doing my Protein powder this week. And drinking my water!!

How about you all..what are your goals for the week?

I stepped on the scales this moring and I was up 1 1/2 lbs. grrrr. I was at 173.3, and last week, 171.9.

This week, my goals are:

1) Do my cardio in the am 5x (so far, I have done this! Got up at 4:45 and headed to the gym):thumbup:

2) Eat clean ALL WEEK.

3) Strength train 3x

4) Stay off the scales until Monday!

5) Oh & clean my room (I know its not weight related, but its a goal and putting it down in writing helps me to remember).:thumbup:

So far so good....I need to do some exercise, so tomorrow, I will. I did make the call on the PS consult. I'm on a waiting list until January or February, just for the consult. They sounded so interested. I can't believe there are that many people getting stuff done. Sheeesh. A friend of mine just had a reduction and I will see her for the first time on Friday. But there will be others there so mummms the word!!

I'm feeling a bit deflated tho...I wanted to get these honkers in perspective but I guess all in due time.