Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about not feeling full/no fill yet

Go for my first fill Oct 3rd. Banded 7 weeks ago Tuesday. Down 17 lbs.

I am nervous now I never feel full.....I did about four days ago but now I don't . I know I ate more then my 1 cup 1/2 (for each meal) and I am nervous I did something wrong. Did I make the band slip? Could I have made the band slip after eating a little more then normal one time. I have one week to go...my doctor on vacation or I would have been filled this week. I feel like I don't have the band inside me anymore. I mean I can still feel the port....but it's my hunger, it feels like I felt before. I'm hoping this means I am ready for my fill. I know I gain now that I am eating regular. :scared2:Just worried anyone else feel this way?

Lots of people go through this. I don't think you've hurt your band, but I do think you are ready for another fill. My doc told me to come straight back as soon as I felt hungry too soon again and he'd give me another fill. It can be frustrating while getting your fills, but you'll get there!

This is very normal. The band is inside you but since you have not had any fills, you have not begun to use it yet. A lot of people worry at this stage thinking that because they are eating more, they have caused the band to slip or become damaged. Of course you don't want to eat until you are stuffed but eat until you are no longer hungry and eat slowly, small bites, chew well etc. and you will be just fine.

It may take a fill or two but you will start to feel it working soon. Until then, you are working on sheer willpower.

Edited by Jodi_620

This is normal. Yes, you're going to eat more than they say and you can't help it because the food is sliding right past the band now because there's no restriction. My advice is don't punish yourself. Eat to you feel sated, but not full. Eat healthy, not junky.

I've lost 24 pounds over the first two months with almost no restriction after two fills. I'm not getting mad or upset because I know until I hit the sweet spot, the power of the band won't be working. No binging, no junk and things are moving along steadily at a couple pounds per week. Hopefully in the next fill or two, I'll be there cruising along.

Don't panic, this isn't RnY. Things move a bit slower with the band. It's likely going to take more than one fill to get the restriction you want. Expect to feel some restriction after the first fill but that will likely go away. This is a process. Take your time.

Cal

Thank you all for answering me I have been going insane with so many thoughts lol it's crazy I go for my fill a week from frdiay (tomorrow) I can not wait. I am trying to eat slow and chew chew chew lol I am a very fast eater so this is a strong lesson for me. I just can't wait to get a fill and feel the restriction So this is normal on how I am feeling

I go insane thanks so much

Thanks everyone for the support and sharing. I was banded 9-02-08 and my weight loss decreased dramatically after the 1st week. I weigh myself every Tuesday. First week, 12 1/2 lbs, second week, 2 1/2 lbs., third week, only 1/2 lb. I don't feel any restriction and I can swallow large pills whole. I'm waiting to see how next Tuesday goes then I'll decide about my first fill. My doc uses the fleuroscope for every fill so it's not done on a set schedule. Thanks to you I know that my experience is a normal one.

Barbara