Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Michigan

Hi everyone. My name is Bree. I was banded by Dr. Laker of Great Lakes Weight Loss on September 12, 2008. I am on my week 2 diet and starving for real food. I'm short tempered and not much fun to live with. I totally understand the logic in the slow progression and would not want to jeapordize anything, but I just want to lick some real food or something! I do not think I'll eat cream Soups or broth for the rest of my life! Sorry...it hasn't been a bad experience for me, just having one of those days I need to vent. My husband doesn't really understand and my children do not even know I had a lapband put in (they wouldn't even know what that was anyway). So I cook for them everyday, make their breakfasts and pack their lunch. I've only got a few more weeks though and can start learning how to eat for the rest of my life! Thanks all for listening.

Hi, im from Michigan too (lansing area) where abouts are you from? Don't worry it will get better as far as the food thing, i'm 2 1/2 months post op and all is going well. Good Luck!

Hang in there Bree!

Have you tried blending different Soups? Just to mix things up I bought other chunkier soups during the creamy liquid phase and blended them up - it really helped me get through it. Fudgesicles are also a lifesaver.

I know it's hard, but you can do it. This is just a few weeks of your life, and you need to protect your band and let it heal - indulge with some ice cream if it helps, but don't eat solids before it's time.

Good luck!

You will get through this. The crankiness is from lack of food. It does get better once you advance to other things. Some orange juice goes a long way on boosting up your blood sugar level, and maintains it for a while. Use it as a crutch when you're tired and not focused. It helps a lot.

I am from grand rapids. Thanks all for the support. I have not tried blending other Soups, maybe I could try that. When I used the blender for my potato Soup it changed the taste so much, it really wasn't that good.

thats about 45 minutes from grand ledge where I live lol! I've tried blending bean and bacon Soup and health request chunky sirloin burger. Those were the only two I could eat blended because the taste wasn't any different. I think you just have to (or at least I know I did) get past the whole texture thing. I also make kinda a smoothie out of genisoy Protein Powder (from meijer) diet tropical V8 splash, and a little frozen berries which tastes really good...i still drink those now just to get in all my Protein.< /p>

thanks for the bean and ham suggestion. I had that for lunch and it tasted pretty good. It's a little thicker than the cream Soups, probably closer to mushy foods, but it went down fine. Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches