Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"shopping in my attic"

Hi All Stars -

Today is my 5 week band-iversary. I'm down 24 lbs. Each day I walk a half hour on the treadmill vigorously, and do 50 sit ups.. no weight lifting yet.

I go for my first fill next Thursday. My appetite is back, mostly in the evenings, but I am working hard at reducing my portions, keeping to low carbs and to my despair continuing with no beer or wine... :thumbdown: I was banded to be healthy, to lose the weight and I'm determined to make this work....

Finally, I am feeling the benefits of my band. My pants are getting lose. !!!

Yesterday, I went up into my attic to search for my clothes that were too tight and didn't fit. I have been saving these clothes for 15 years. My attic is like the clothing rack at Macy's. I have a section of pants in sizes 38's, 40's, 42's, 44's, 46,s and 48's.... so I went to the rack, tried on the next smaller size and to my surprise, I dropped my first pant size.... wow, I am excited and motivated. The band is the best decision I have made for my health and I would definitely do it again.

The wife and I are having friends over this Saturday night... I will remain booze free and eat my small portions....

As a wise person said, "nothing tastes as good as slim feels" I agree, and want to continue to be successful on this journey. Funny, only my wife and one close friend knows about my band. The rest of my family and friends think I am finally seriously dieting and losing weight with will power... they are right...

Gary B. :thumbup:

Congratulations Gary!!! I also dropped a pants size. I had to buy a new pair of pants because all my pants were too big. I've been feeling great and I agree, this is the best decision I've ever made. I love my band.

You guys are AWESOME! Congrats on the trousers, and your continued will. Gary, I'm feelin' you on leaving off of the bubbly stuff. I had to knock the Diet Pepsi habit, and am missing my Oktoberfest variety beers...but, as you mentioned, nothing tastes as good as buying new pants feels!!!

It still takes willpower!!!!

That's funny that you posted this topic...tomorrow I'm going through my closets and pull out clothes and sort by size to put in storage boxes! I am excited about doing it instead of depressed because I can't wear those clothes anymore :thumbup:.

~~anne

Way to go! That is so exciting when you drop a size. I am going to box and donate my clothes, can't wait to do a closet cleaning. I get paid on the first and I am going out to buy a couple pairs of new pants. I have found that I really like dresses for school, I don't have to be pulling my pants up all day!

How fun is that, way to go Gary! Your doing great with the no beer and wine too. I ended up having some wine so you have more willpower than I do. What's really hard for me is not being able to drink diet coke. Congratulations again on your weight loss and being able to go attic shopping.

You guys are AWESOME! Congrats on the trousers, and your continued will. Gary, I'm feelin' you on leaving off of the bubbly stuff. I had to knock the Diet Pepsi habit, and am missing my Oktoberfest variety beers...but, as you mentioned, nothing tastes as good as buying new pants feels!!!

OMG I miss Oktoberfest sooooo much! :confused:

Gary,

That is wonderful news!

I do have a suggestion for you. It is something I decided to do once I started on this journey. I am removing all sizes that I have that are now too big for me. I am giving these away to another bandster who is about 2 sizes behind me.

I am doing this so I no longer will be able to go back and "find" a pair of pants that will fit if I gain again. I want it to be hard for me to do this.

Congrats again!

Gilta

My DH and I just went thru a closet that is always forgotten about because its never used. In the closet was a bag of clothes from 3 or 4 years ago, that I asked him to take to the Goodwill store YEARS AGO. Of course he didn't and stuffed it into the closet that no one goes thru.

Low and behold what do we find today as we go thru it? The bag of clothes!! At first I was ticked, but then I thanked him so much because I was dreading having to go shopping. (Bad shopping habit, but no extra money right now) We both got excited bc it was jeans and skirts that I haven't worn in so long (he got excited about the skirts, lol).

Then I realized that I had another bag at the bottom of my other closet that I'm now looking forward to digging up.

For the first time in my life I look forward to getting up and looking at my closet, to find something to wear that I haven't worn in years!

Hey Gary! Congrats to you and all the rest of our fellow August Bandsters! Your will power is enviable for certain. I had a bit of a plateau after my first fill, but the second fill got the ball rolling again nicely. Unfortunately, I havn't been as compliant as you have. Something about beer and campfires.... :tongue:

I started exercising in earnest recently. Weight lifting and abdominal exercises feel good - no discomfort from the band.

It's intriguing to see all of the different band sizes and fill ratios. My surgeon said my band will hold between 4 and 5cc's. My first fill was 1cc and the second .70cc...

Good luck and continued success to all of you!

Brad

Great Job Gary!!! I too have started weeding out clothes. I was able to actually take my pants off the other day without event unbuttoning them. It was so much fun. I have started going through my summer clothes-with Fall and Winter on the way-and I gave them away to a friend's sister. I broke down and bought on pair of black pants that are still a little tight-good motivation:tongue: and one pair of jeans. WHen I got my jeans home that were two sizes smaller, they are actually a little baggy!!! What a boost to the willpower! I LOVE MY BAND:)

I have only had one fill, my trip fell right when I was supposed to get one, but it was fine. The nurse tried and my surgeon actually finished it because she had another surgery waiting. It didn't hurt a bit and was quick and easy. I notice a little restriction, but we'll see how long it takes to get hungry again...

Keep up the good work Gary! Great JOB! Moe