Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girly Problem/pill question.

Are there a lot of you guys out there who take liquid pain meds? I did when i was in the hospital,but now i take all my pills in regualr form and i have yet to have a problem-thats just me personally and thats what the Doc told me to do.My luck one of you will read this and try it and get WICKED sick,lol. So,again thats just me and what my Dr told me lol....Honestly im sooo thankful b/c i have to take a couple pills everyday!

Get this-I didnt have my period for about 6 months(looong story) and of course they tested me for everything,but nothing wrong....so after my surgery they gave me a script for something that would make me get it..and OH MY GOODNESS!!! Luckily i was still on my pain meds because it STILL hurt!I can only imagine if i only had tylenol at that time! It was make-up time for my ovaries!!!LOL. Now everythings good and back to "regualr" =)

This won't help with the cramps but have you considered Depo Provera? It is an injection that you take every 12 weeks and most women stop having a cycle all toghther by the time the 2nd dose is given. I have been on it since right after my daughter was born and LOVE it. I have not had my "aunt flo"visit in like 4 years. Some women do spot on and off for the first 12 weeks but that is not common and it is cheaper than the pill too.~Mandy
Yup ive done the depo...............i gained like 25 pounds in 4 months...and never stopped gaining until i got off it.....thanks tho

I think im dying!!!! Nuthing is working....this morning i almost threw a remote at my fiance....grrrrr he makes me mad...lol...he asks me questions and annoys me when he knows im squirming in pain.........

i cant wait til this is over!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wild that this subject come up because I just asked my doctor about this on Tuesday. My first 3 days are horrible (bloating, pain, more bloating, more pain). Tylenol does nothing. Preband I would take mega motrin all day long. Doctor said no advil, perhaps birth control pills or hysterectomy. Huh???? I just wanted pain drugs! :) Anyway, could someone please tell me what hydrocodone is and what nuvaring is? I'm trying to get prepared for this next week (oh joy). Thanks

Chris

I gained weight on depro provra AND got stupid. I hate to take anything that will dull my wits. I'm not that sharp to begin with! Hated, hated, hated depro.

The nuvaring is a flexible plastic ring (kind of looks like the outside rim of a rolled up condom, but a little larger). It slow releases a very low dose form of BC into your blood stream. It is a different mix than you would get in the pill. For me it was great, because you don't have the emotional side effects, reduced cramps and for me, drastically reduces the amount and length of my period.

The ring is pinched together and inserted vaginally. Once it is there, it softly "springs itself into place". You leave it there for a period of three weeks and then remove it for one week to have your period.

Another nice feature, is that you can leave it there for up to 4 weeks to have your period on your schedule in case you are on vacation or something.

No- you don't feel it, it is easy to retrieve and you can remove it for up to three hours at a time for sexual activity. (Although you don't have to and wouldn't notice if you didn't)

OK, sorry for some this is TMI, but I have been telling all of my friends about this wonderful invention since I started.

Hope this helped and please just let me know if you have any other questions about it!

I was on depo for about 10 years. Loved not having my period but also lost my sex drive in the process. Hubby was not happy!! And neither was I!

Ok! This is a lil off the subject but I figure I just gotta jump in here. New to the site (<-------- actually first post) and I have been reading and researching. New at that too. Anyway I was reading on this post and did not realize taking normal medication is going to be a situation when haveing the band. I am currently on BC, Is that going to be a problem to take every day? Also, I am searching the boards now, does anyone have some good websites they recommend for me to learn. Thanks for any help!![/quote

Check with your Doctor & research lots. Our Doctor doesn't mind us taking NSAIDS at all in small amounts only once in awhile. According to him (not me) & other doctors small doses of NSAIDS are not proven to do any harm to the band. But I am going to try & stay away from them anyhow.

Knowledge is Power - Look for proof in the Pudding!

Exercise is the second best thing for cramps after advil I think. It gets better every month you can do a little more everytime you get your period.

Good Luck & Feel Well

I am just back from my doctor's preop visit! I asked the questions about taking pills after surgery. I too take birth control pills. He said I could continue to take the BC pills without any problems, and that I can take anything that is shaped like a pencil eraser or smaller without real issues - just remember to drink lots of liquid with it.

Hi Amy - Hopefully I will be a July Bandster too (awaiting BCBS approval).

Being a sister-in-arms (I'm insulin resistant due to PCOS too), are you taking Metformin or Glucophage for the PCOS and did you ask your Dr. about continuing to take these pills post surgery?

I'm very curious about it, because I have a series of medications I'm taking now for PCOS (metformin), and hormone therapy (as Birth control pills didn't work)- Prometrium (pure progesterone). The prometrium is about the size of an unused pencil eraser so I wonder if it will be okay. It's a gel-filled capsule like a very small Vitamin E pill.

What meds are you on currently for PCOS if you don't mind my asking. We could also talk about this one-to-one if you think it might be better. Let me know, thanks for your feedback.