Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motherhood clothing

Just wanted to pass it along, I ordered from there (first time ever obviously) because they are having a sale.. I guessed I was an XL, but their sizes seem to run a bit big..

Anyway found some really cute shirts & a cardigan for the winter.. all for great prices. They came today, and though I'm not showing they're great for now & later. They're just longer shirts than normal, and I'm tall so it works out.

I did buy some summer super sale ones, since I'll be really pregnant by time it gets warm next year.. some tank tops & one that says "Kicking 24/7" hehe.

This is my first experience with maternity shirts, so I wanted to support the company I bought from since I liked the price for what I got..

Motherhood Maternity: Hot fashion, low prices! :)

I had a hard time with maternity clothes because they're virtually impossible to find in "tall." Penny's was the only place I could find, and I didn't care for their styles. I found the *best* pants at Kmart, of all places. Total fluke. I was there to buy a registry gift for someone, walked by, thought "cute jeans" and then saw they were maternity. They're cool darker denim, not the light stuff you see everywhere (my friends commented on how cute they were before they even knew they were maternity). Full panel, which I wanted. Perfect length, which surprises me because that means they will actually be too long for most people. Like $20 each. I don't know the brand but they have little storks embroidered by the waist or pocket. And they've really held up. After going through sizes as I lost weight, I was determined not to let myself go wild and buy the whole pregnancy wardrobe, so I only bought one pair of capris and one pair of jeans. Just lately had to break out the jeans. I wore my skirts as long as I could, but when they had to go I was exclusively in the capris, and they're still in perfect shape. The sizes run big. Pre-pregnancy I was ~18 in pants, and in these I'm between a L and XL. L is very tight in the thighs, XL fits the thighs but gapes at my waist. Story of my life. :crying:

For shirts I've gone with Old Navy and Target mostly, plus some longer empire styles I had pre-pregnancy. And one short I found... don't even remember where... another "walked by and saw it". Target sometimes has super cute stuff, and sometimes just has super weird stuff.

Yeah I like Target's maternity, I made the mistake of accidentally buying a maternity shirt from there, thought it was a regular one..was months after wearing it that I finally realized lol.

We don't have kmart, it went out of business years ago..pants is going to be my biggest concern. I have bought my pants at one place since I was 15.. the 35" inseams.. my friend.. they don't sell maternity unfortunately, so I bought a belly band which boasts you can wear your normal clothes for longer (you dont button/zip and this covers it up). Once I get to the point they don't fit, I'm really not sure what I'll do.

wow, those are great prices! ive ordered exclusively from old navy (online only) so far and am very pleased with my orders... i know that they're having a nice clearance now on short sleeved shirts (3.99)... i have a feeling i'll still be in s/s in November, so i'm going to get some more...

Avoid Pea in a Pod.. oh my goodness. A coworker was telling me they have cute stuff, I glanced at it.. Normal shirts, ON SALE.. were $90-$200!! Couldn't afford a kid after buying that maternity stuff.

My mom has been looking for tall maternity jeans for me, she found some at gap.com, and some other ridiculously priced places.

I like some of old navy's stuff (there was a white button-down I wanted to order), but their website for maternity is always few and far between for stuff I like.

Oh, something I did for pants that I wasn't willing to give up yet. I used one of the elastic hairbands... looped it through the buttonhole (whatever it's called where you pull it halfway through, then loop it through itself so it can't come off) and just hooked the other side around the button. This gave me an extra month or two in my normal jeans. ETA** neglected to mention that I either left the zipper open and wore long tops, or locked it halfway up, just below where my stomach was bulging (I'm still pannus down low, I've carried high my entire pregnancy with her butt mooning me from several inches above my belly button).

Oh... if you're still having an issue with pants Kmart sells online. (I can't believe I'm promoting Kmart, I hate that place). I can't post a linkm but if you go to their site and search on "new additions full panel" the jeans are the last item that comes up. Mine are darker, and more bootcut but that's the brand and style. I also don't see inseam/measurements listed, but I've checked mine for some kind of "tall" indicator on the tag and I don't see anything, but they're easily a 34-35" inseam, plus the fact that they're a little extra long b/c they fit kinda odd....

It is good to read about options. I figure I can forego maternity clothes until next year . . . and perhaps tops altogether in that I still have a lot of pre-weightloss clothing. Pants and skirts will be the most helpful.