Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you find the linked-to article about Lap-Band Surgery informative?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you find the linked-to article about Lap-Band Surgery informative?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was too long...I didn't finish it.

Hello everyone! I am glad to be a part of the forum. I have never had a Lap-Band procedure myself, but I do know multiple people who have had the procedure done and have conducted a tremendous amount of research on the subject for both personal and professional reasons.

I enjoy reading about success stories because it is truly inspiring to see how much this procedure is improving peoples' lives. I also take great comfort in knowing that should I need a weight loss surgery procedure someday, there is a safe and effective means that is tremendously successful.

I have come across a few great resources that provide a comprehensive source of information regarding weight loss surgery. You can find one of them by clicking below:

Lap-Band surgery and aftercare (remember...the aftercare is the most important part!!!)

I plan to link out to these various resources as I respond to different threads, and hopefully they will be helpful.

I hope that the research I have conducted can make me a useful resource, and I look forward to reading many inspiring success stories about Lap-Band surgery here on the forum!

:tt1:

Welcome to the site. I had the procedure completed August 11, 2008 and today is my 5 week anniversary celebrating the new me. Although, I'm still a newbie - it was one of the best decisions that I have made. I was always weight conscious as a teen and early adulthood, but married life and 2 kids later let me slip into an unnatural world - you wake up and look in the mirror and wonder "what happened". I just turned 49 and did not have the energy to start another fad diet that would end up with me losing but then gaining every ounce back! The lap band is a process, a change in lifestyle. I have lost 26pds to date, but was hoping for more. (I didn't gain it overnight - I don't know why I think I will lose it overnight!):tt1:

Stay positive and keep reading the wonderful posts on this site. I have learned so much from everyone.

Congratulations!!!

Did you have your procedure done in Houston? I live in Dallas, so I am very familiar with the top providers here in the Metroplex, but do not have much experience elsewhere.

What is you current aftercare program? As I mentioned in my earlier post, the one theme that seems to come up consistently is the important of aftercare, and I know that a lot of place will offer the surgery but do not have a specific aftercare plan in place. One of the execs of a weight loss surgery provider here in town that I know refers to these people as "orphans." With your outstanding success, I am assuming that you are following a pretty strict aftercare program. Just curious if it is your own, or if it is something specifically designed by a provider.

:tt1::thumbup::)

hi, i'm new to lapband. and have never talk in a chat room. i would like to know if h.a.p. ins. is a good ins. for this operation. as far as getting aproved?