Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 9/11, haven't really had gas pains but have started to have the worse diarehea ever. I've only been allowed to have Clear Liquids and have to wait another week and a half before I can have like runny oatmeal and carnation instant Breakfast - at week 5 I can start to have mushy food. I go to my doctor this afternoon and am going to ask if I can have more then just clear liuids because I've been feeling very week. I have to drink my Protein Shakes still, but have a hard time finishing them :rolleyes:

I was Banded 9/8 and today im actually feeling great! No pain (let me not jinx myself) i woke up and could bend over without being in so much pain! Im on a full liquid diet for 2 more weeks ...you guys are lucky (the ones who can eat mushies) i made myself a big pot of Soup and blended and strained it tastes good but not at good as chewing lol...the gas pains are subsiding which is good and my bowels are back to normal i couldnt take anymore diarrhea!! Good luck to u all in a couple days or weeks we will all be happy again lol

Mom of twins, I hear you. I got banded on the 12th and am miserable. In a lot of pain (can't breathe, move or walk). But, how in the hell did you get back to work so quickly? I'm taking 2 weeks off and with all the pain I'm in, I'm sure glad I did. I know it'll get better but wow, this really takes you out of circulation for a while. I'm still glad I did it though.

GIRLS!!!! I know how you all feel as far as the diareah goes, I had it to for 4 days (even though I wasnt consuming anything) then I didn't poop for 2 days, but yesterday after I posted I pooped, it was gross. lol My gas occurs if I eat or frink anything...water gives me gas, and yes the need to burp and nothing coming out is what I have and when it does come out its painful. if drinking 3/4 a cup makes you sick, don't drink that much. my dr. says drink your Protein for an hour...you dont have to drink it all, sip it slowly, wait and hour then drink your Water for an hour...do this off an on all day. I'm trying to figure out how to get enough calories and Protein in. I'm struggling with that.

AND!!! how are you ladies working already?! I can't even drive until after my post-op! and I was told it will take like 3 weeks.... I'm currently looking for a job which sucks, I work for a temp agency and I'm not gonna be able to go back until I'm completely healed. If you are at work and sick, maybe you need to take some more time off? You don't want to over do it and end up back in the hospital.

How is everyone sleeping? I can't sleep flat on my back of my side. I have a wedge pillow that was provided to me by my grandmother. I have to sit in an almost upright position. It feels like my incisions are pulling if I don't....

I'm trying to start a video blog on your tube to document everything...so once I get it up I'll share the link. Good luck you guys! I'm glad we all have eachother for support, my finace likes to eat hot dogs in front of me....

I'm three days post op and starting to wonder why I don't have any horror stories as you guys are sharing here. Are they in my future? I haven't had a bowel movement yet and for the most part feel okay! I can only sit here read your responses and wonder what is in my future. It is also very interesting to see the different diets everyones doc's have them on.

I had my surgery 9-12 and feel I am doing pretty well. The pain under my left collar bone must be gas, that is the only thing I can think of. It hurts ALOT. Sometimes is worse than others. Hurts when I breathe deeply also. When should this go away does anyone think? It's been a week... I have lost 13lbs since the day before my surgery, but have a feeling that is mostly Water. I do try to get in enough fluids during the day, but it is hard when combatting the Fluid loss from being in the bathroom so often. I am on mostly fuids, but have had a few things, mashed potatoes one day, some pudding another day. I even got brave and had some macaroni salad yesterday that I made to take camping this weekend. All in all, I feel everything is going great, and was well prepared for the issues from reading other peoples' posts on here before my surgery. This site is a great learning tool and everyone considering getting banded should know about it! Good luck everyone!!!:thumbup:

i have had bad gas too like this pressure inside me. I'm on day 4 post-op and am able to eat cream-based Soups (no chunks). I also drink Water and suck down popsicles. I am weak, but surviving. I go back to work on Monday so we will see how that works. I find myself eating/drinking constantly, is that normal?

The gas problem goes away after a few weeks. You'll likely have pains for about a week, maybe two, and then you'll notice it more than usual for the next couple months, until you get used to the band and stop swallowing air with every bite. After the hunger pains subside, (and they do subside) you'll be able to eat small bites slowly, which creates much less gas. I find it harder to burp than before, so if air does get stuck, well, it has to find another way out. But after 10 months post-op and 50 pounds lighter so far, I have very few problems with air anymore. As far as the diarrhea, one of the things that caused it for me was the lack of solid foods. It just sort of cleaned out my system, but after a few days it went away and hasn't been an ongoing problem. Maybe you could take some imodium if it doesn't get better in a day or two, and make sure you increase your fluids to compensate.

Best of luck to all of you!

Kristine

The Woodlands, TX

Banded 11/12/07