Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day of 2 week liquid diet, Surgery 9/26/08

Hi Everyone,

I just want to tell everyone THANK YOU for sharing your information, I love this place. As you see by my title I am set for surgery 9/26/08, my doctor has his pt. do the two week liquid thing (Optifast) and I started today. It was not that bad, the hardest part is that it feels like I should be eating, not because I am hungry because i'm not, it's like a habbit and I almost find myself bored..... I am very excited about my surgery but the closer it gets the more nervous I am filling. I know I will be fine but this is going to be a entire different life and reading you guys experience makes me know I want this for myself and my health.

Loretta:tongue:

Hi Everyone,

I just want to tell everyone THANK YOU for sharing your information, I love this place. As you see by my title I am set for surgery 9/26/08, my doctor has his pt. do the two week liquid thing (Optifast) and I started today. It was not that bad, the hardest part is that it feels like I should be eating, not because I am hungry because i'm not, it's like a habbit and I almost find myself bored..... I am very excited about my surgery but the closer it gets the more nervous I am filling. I know I will be fine but this is going to be a entire different life and reading you guys experience makes me know I want this for myself and my health.

Good Luck to you! I am right behind you on the 29th. :sad: I am lucky as I only have a one week pre-op diet and its just high Protein so hopefully it won't be a major deal. I am extremely nervous so you are not alone. :)

Yes, good luck! Please share how it goes. I'm scheduled for September 30 :sad: and find out next Tuesday what kind of a pre-op diet I have to follow. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Not many people know I'm doing this, mostly my immediate family, so I hope for as good a recovery as many I've seen here. I love this site, I've learned so much. Thanks to everyone for sharing so much.

hi i have done my op in 3rd sept so i am on liquid deit .i was not any pre deit.so now i am enjoying very much. my husband make for me diffenent kind of Soup but its really delicious.i am still on rest i dont want to bush my self so i am recovring very fastly,i was 97 kg,to day is 10day after op but i want to weight after two weeks so i dont know how much i lost so far .

Edited by nizee
nizee

Hi Loretta, I am just about to finish my 2 week diet since I am having my surgery Monday 9/15. :drool: I am nervous too but also excited. I have been thru part of this before, so I know what to expect. I attempted to have RNY in July but they were unable to complete the surgery due to too much scar tissue from my hyst. year ago. The Dr. said that it was to dangerous to continue, so he had to stop half way thru. :tt2: I was so upset afterwards, but now I look at this as my 2nd chance and hope everything goes better this time around.:unsure:

I will post afterwards and let you know how it goes.

Gail

Hi Everyone,

Hi guys, it is great to be able to have people going through the same thing as I am and understanding what I am feeling. I wish all of you guys luck with the pre op as well as post op. Let me know how it is going and I will do the same. I am at day three of liquid and I don't ever feel hungry but my mind still is thinking "hey, you need to eat", lol There has been several times when out of habit I wanted to eat because that is what I have done all my life. I didn't even realize how much of my eating was a habbit, I am looking at food differently now that I can't have it, lol. Thanks for all the support, you guys are great...

Loretta

Originally Posted by dontmissout86  I just had mine on sept 5th 2008. this liquid diet  sucks!!

I guess I am lucky! My clear liquid diet lasted for three days past surgery (Sept 9th). I can now have full liquids, just calorie free like Crystal Light, and smooshie foods, like eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese and ground meats. My husband has learned to make a mean low fat ground chicken salad in the last couple of weeks. :) Everything for normal chicken salad (minus the mayo... bummer) and we use our grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. I do add a little low fat mayo to it so it's not dry. Did anybody else's nutritionist tell them to get a certain amount of fat per day? Mine was extreeeeeemly thorough.... and graphic..... about what happens if I don't get any fat in my diet. Blech.... :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I just joined today and I am looking forward to some support from this site. I am scheduled for my first appt. with the surgeon on Oct. 8th. My Primary Care doctor has approved this procedure for me and is thrilled I have decided to do this. I have 100 pounds to loose, to get back to my "fighting weight" (the weight I was when I got married). My husband is so supportive of this as our primary care doctor wanted him to go through this too, but my husband wants to wait and see how I do. He has about 50 pounds to loose also. My son who is 34 is not real happy about it, afraid for his MOM (he is trim and fit)! My husband and I have just joined the YMCA so that will help with the weight loss I am sure. My number one question is this; I am hoping to have all of my weight off by next Dec. 09 as I am taking a trip to New York with some girlfriends, will the weight be off by then????? Thanks! Jan

Most places will tell you that it takes 2-3 years to loose the weight. I guess it would depend on how hard you work too... Good luck!!!!

Originally Posted by dontmissout86  I just had mine on sept 5th 2008. this liquid diet  sucks!!

I guess I am lucky! My clear liquid diet lasted for three days past surgery (Sept 9th). I can now have full liquids, just calorie free like Crystal Light, and smooshie foods, like eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese and ground meats. My husband has learned to make a mean low fat ground chicken salad in the last couple of weeks. :) Everything for normal chicken salad (minus the mayo... bummer) and we use our grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. I do add a little low fat mayo to it so it's not dry. Did anybody else's nutritionist tell them to get a certain amount of fat per day? Mine was extreeeeeemly thorough.... and graphic..... about what happens if I don't get any fat in my diet. Blech.... :thumbup:

Hi Radar,

Just saw you are an Air Force wife. My husband is retired out of WPAFB and the base is doing the surgery. Tricare is wonderful "Thank You Very Much"! My first appt. with the surgeon is Oct. 8th. Just wish I would have done this sooner! Jan

Most places will tell you that it takes 2-3 years to loose the weight. I guess it would depend on how hard you work too... Good luck!!!!

Thanks for the info. I just posted a reply to your other note.

Wow, the base is doing the surgery???? I didn't the the military would have jumped on the bandwagon so soon!! The bases we have been to have not exactly had "large" medical facilities, or even ER's. All part of the downsizing I guess. Here at Moody I am the first person (woo hoo) to go for the lap-band versus the bypass. I know you lose more weight, but I couldn't balance that out with the complications.