Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

Okay, I'll make you guys feel better. I'm up 3 pounds in the last 4 days. I wasn't even that bad. I mean, I don't think I broke 1200 calories except for yesterday. Anyway, back to better eating today and I'm gonna try to get some more exercise in today. Had to quit my workout early this morning cause I felt so caca. Feeling better now though and I'm ready to tackle the world again.

Oh RSG, I am so sorry. As much as misery loves company, I really do wish you weren't in the same situation as me.

Keep swimming is right...glug glug...

:girl_hug: I was never a strong swimmer

Okay, I'll make you guys feel better. I'm up 3 pounds in the last 4 days. I wasn't even that bad. I mean, I don't think I broke 1200 calories except for yesterday. Anyway, back to better eating today and I'm gonna try to get some more exercise in today. Had to quit my workout early this morning cause I felt so caca. Feeling better now though and I'm ready to tackle the world again.

Oh Ezma, I really do feel bad for you. Back to healthy eating...step away from any icecream, and the frozen food section at the store. I know your family returns this weekend, but they don't need the ice-cream either.

Although my heart wasn't in it, I did do my extra exerceise yesterday. That's the first of the 3 I said would do each week. I did it.

Okay, could someone please tell me how this works? And can anyone tell me that I'm crazy in my belief that it really is so much more than how many calories you take in versus how many you burn? 4 days ago I was at my all time low during this bout of weight loss. I've had a few days of not eating so well, in fact, eating pretty crappy. However, still no where near what I used to eat. I was taking in between 1100 and 1400 3 days and close to 2000 on 1 day. I kept up my regular exercise and even added some extra exercise two days. I have somehow managed to gain 5 pounds in that time period. What the heck? So does that mean I will forever have to exist on 1000 or less calories per day? And as I lose more weight, I'll have to live on even less calories. This is the part of weight that I just don't understand and really want to whine about the fairness. I'm back on track now. I had a better day yesterday and plan to have a much more normal 800-900 calories today. I'm just very, very confused and frustrated by this.

Ezma, I really doubt it is a 5 lb fat gain. It is probably Water retention. If you've been eating badly, chances are you are taking in a lot of sodium. Try to increase your water intake a lot for the next few days and see if you can get rid of it.

Ezma, I really doubt it is a 5 lb fat gain. It is probably Water retention. If you've been eating badly, chances are you are taking in a lot of sodium. Try to increase your Water intake a lot for the next few days and see if you can get rid of it.

Think you're right about this. I just checked my food logs for the last several days and it was way up on sodium for most of them. Yesterday I was back down to about 7% of daily requirement. Today has been good so far too. Hoping to get these pounds back off and make some progress soon.

Last night was the second of my three committed additional exercise events. Two down, one more to go. Maybe I can have another mud-slinging gardening day on the weekend....

Weigh-in is Monday, and if I haven't broken the plateau, I don't know what I will do. I still haven't found the righteous indignation or anger that has previously propelled me; I'm still in a funk from Monday....

Tapshoes, according to my scale I am two lbs up this week, but these paints are fitting my better than last month (which by the way, You know I've been the same weight for like two months) and someone asked me how much weight I've lost lately because I look way smaller today....

Maybe I'm losing some compressed air? I don't know. Anyway.

Maybe we are losing the fat that doesn't weigh that much right now? Wishful thinking?

RSG - the fact that your clothes are fitting differently is the sign that you are building muscle mass, and losing fat. That's great and the scale be damned! I'm so glad for you.

36_27_2.gif VICTORIOUS VALENTINES!! :tt1:

Hey guys! How have you all been?

I myself have fallen a bit off the wagon. Not too bad though. I haven't lost any weight in a good two months. It's my fault. In fact I gained!!

I am getting ready to start the South Beach Diet tomorrow though. I have restarted my love affair with carbs. Booo! Well, all that stops now. I know in my head that you have to have accountability to lose. The band is NOT going to do all of this for you.

So, on Monday I'm scheduling another fill. On Sunday, its off to the races again. I want to lose around another 60 pounds. When you think about it, after losing over 100 already.. that's very close to the finish line.

Here I am guys... hold me accountable!! :bolt:

Welcome Lil!!! It's good to have you here. And we'll try to keep you accountable but you have to touch bases and let us know how you're doing. This and the ice cream thread have helped me a lot. I'm back on track and have taken all but two of the pounds I put on back off. The hubby and son are back home now so it should be a lot easier.

Sounds like the rest of you are doing pretty well too. Yay!!!

I did my gardening yesterday, so that's my three additional exercise events for this week. I may even get outside again today...but no promises! And that blessed plateau better be broken when I weigh in tomorrow!!!

Stay tuned - for either a posting here, or a news bulletin about the mysterious case of a scale found hurtling through space!