Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

Had a fill yesterday and found out I was down 9 pounds over the last 4 weeks.

Also, just an FYI, I started my losing spurt before the fill this time. Not sure if it was the because I upped my Protein from 50ish to 80-100 range, cutting out the nightly ice cream (got it down to a couple times a week) or the slight increase in exercise time or if it is just a matter of losing in spurts.

Way to go Ezma! I am jealously happy for you. I think it was the combination of all things that got you there; don't question it, go with it!!

I completed my extra third exercise event for this week yesterday...I spent 6 hours outside creating a new garden - lots of digging, turning soil, carrying buckets of compost, removing sods, hauling rocks....I am still sore today! So, although it wasn't an extra walk, I think I burned calories and I know I was moving all muscles groups doing hard physical (but fun) labor.

Tomorrow is weigh-day...and that scale better move!!

I'm hoping and crossing fingers for you Tap. You've done so well with your exercise and nut addiction that I'm sure you will see some progress.

I'll check in today cause I reached another goal. One more pound down and I'm finally past the halfway mark. Woo hoo! 4 more pounds and I only have 100 left to go. Ugh.

I'm so tempted to weigh today. I got really sick with the runs and a little vomiting yesterday morning and was on liquids all day yesterday. I can see the the slight swelling I usually have in my ankles is down, so I must weight less. But then, by my official weigh day (Tuesday) I'll be back up from eating solids again, so I think I'll just avoid the whole mind game and see what Tuesday brings.

Also forgot to mention that dh didn't get that position. So at least that stress is gone. He's continuing to apply for other places, but I don't have such strong opinions about these places, just that one. So we'll just have to see what happens.

I'll be wishing him good luck Shiny. You guys deserve all the best. I admire your willpower to resist the scale. I can't, gotta see it go down even when I know it will come right back up. Anyone else watch "You Are What You Eat"? After a good "poo", it's straight to the scale. LMAO - I know TMI, sorry.

Shiny - I'm sorry that position didn't work out; I'm sure you and your hubby are disappointed. I hope something equally as interesting does show in your future.

And now, for Tapshoes' story of woe. Despite the added exercise, the nut embargo, and the increased Protein, the scale defied me. I am very disappointed, and very de-motivated...I am not angry (which is an emotion I could use to fuel my zeal), but rather, I am saddened. Damn it, I have been working so hard at this, and pushing myself every day to do that little bit more, swing my arms a little higher, walk a little faster, stand a little more when I am on the phone, etc.......I haven't given up, yet, but I am so very disappointed. oh well, maybe next week.:rolleyes2:

No movement Tap? Or did you gain? Either way, keep it up. Maybe it will finally break next week. I know it's so frustrating. I get mad every time I see those charts that tell you how much you'll lose in a week on x calories. I always lose about half what they say. Curses on slower metabolism!

No movement Tap? Or did you gain? Either way, keep it up. Maybe it will finally break next week. I know it's so frustrating. Curses on slower metabolism!

No movement - holding steady for the 4th week in a row.

Curses indeed - I think I invented a few new swear words...

I feel your pain, taps!

I haven't lost a lb in I don't even know how long

(((((Hugs)))))

Slow losers, we are, but hanging in there, we must.

There is some Yoda for you.

I'm happy to report in that I'm down three pounds from last week's one pound gain, giving me a new weight, two pounds lower than I had seen. So as of this morning I'm 215. I didn't record it as such, but after running and going to the bathroom again, I saw 213! That's pretty fun. But my official weight for today is 215. (I did have the diarrhea sickness hit, so that may be part of the loss, but I'll take it.)

Shiny...That is wonderful! Take the weight loss, whatever the cause!

RSG - Thanks for the words of Yoda....staying on theme, I'd like to have a light saber...I could slice some of this gut away quickly!

Pity party for one, coming up....I am just so discouraged. Other times I have been saddened but then 'perked up' again, but it is 2 days later and I'm still in this funk. I haven't done the extra exercise yet this week (although I am consistent with my daily exercise), and really I have no inclination, no interest in doing the 'extra'. I am still closely monitoring my intake, still drinking my Water, have upped the Protein content of my meals, but it just isn't happening for me. And I just can't seem to rally around, or even get angry. :rolleyes2:

Oh RSG, I am so sorry. As much as misery loves company, I really do wish you weren't in the same situation as me.

Keep swimming is right...glug glug...