Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you take for lunch?

I have worked at home for the past six years as a consultant but grew tired of never knowing how much money I was going to make, or where I was going to get insurance. So, I've been offered a "real" job, and I took it....and as long as my background check clears, I'm in.

I have no idea what to pack in a lunch now that I"m a bandster. Now I have the luxury of making something on the grill, or cooking something. I have no idea what to do! Help!!!

What do you guys eat for lunch?

Megan

There are those single serving packages now of tuna and crackers you can get that don't have to be refrigerated. Look for them on the Tuna aisle.

Campbell's has Soup in a can that you can get. They have a tab pull top and a lid to cover so you can microwave them and drink them from the can. I get those alot. YUMMY!!!

If you want to cook something the night before then I would suggest a Skinless Lemon Pepper breast of chicken from Tyson in your meat section. I fry one up with Olive oil (less than 1 tsp), slow cook till the inside is done then turn the heat up and scortch the outside for the golden look. YUMMY!!! Put the chicken breast in the frig overnight. Then the next morning you can grab that breast and cut it lengthwise down the middle and put one piece in a pita bread (or a tortilla wrap, whichever you can do, or nothing at all) with some sprouts and I like to use a dijon mustard instead of mayo. It is devine!!!!!!!!

If you go out to eat at the office then there is always something you can get. I would stick to Soups and salads when going out with the office.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on the new job, Megan!! We want to hear all about it!

If your office has a fridge (most do) you can put Lean Cuisines in the freezer. Something new every day, bring in your new stash for the week (or daily) and then all you will need to pack are snacks/salads and keep dressing in the fridge. Kind of like what you do at home, just move it there!

It does take some prep time and energy. But just like getting your outfit ready the night before, add the lunch items to your list. And go and get yourself a cute little new lunchbox. A big girl lunchbox! Like Working Girl! I love that movie. Melanie is awesome. So are you! Way to go!

Since I haven't been in bandland long, I'm not sure what I will eat as I progress. Right now, I am just having yogurt.

I used to grow sprouts all the time (bean, radish, alfalfa, etc). One of my favorite lunches was putting some red cabbage, yellow squash, any other veggies I had handy, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, craisins, sea salt, rice vinegar and liquid braggs (soy sauce like product with lower sodium). I am thinking that when I progress, I will process the pumpkins seeds and sesame seeds and mix that will the rice vinegar (or balsamic vinegar), braggs, and mix that with the veggies. I haven't seen anyone comment on craisins. I am guessing they will be off limits for awhile but hopefully they will work later on.

When I lift weights at noon (not lately), I usually come back and have a packet of the flavored tuna. I could eat part and save the rest for the next day.

I also love to cook so lots of times I would plan my evening meal to provide something to start the next days lunch. I am missing the cooking right now.

Part of it will depend on what you have available in the workplace -fridge, personal coolers, heated Water, microwave, etc.

Are you going to work for a federal agency that you need security clearance? Keep us updated and good luck on finding fun lunches. Celeste

i work in a high school. i have a kitchen area that i can keep a cooler bag in a fridge. i found these GREAT precooked chicken breasts at Walmart...no skin and 98% fat free. I will throw one of the cutlets into a sandwich baggie and nuke that...comes out good and juicy, not brick hard...and I will pack a small salad with dressing on the side. or i do the Soups that were suggested....i try not to do so many soups cause they can be high in sodium and fat....but i love my tomatoe soup!!!! yum! um i did tuna salad one day....did a Protein Shake a couple of times, only for lack of ideas as to what to bring. i sometimes also throw some sandwich meat in a zip lock and bring that to eat. I usually eat it plain or wrap it up in a few lettus leafs, like a sandwhich wrap...sometimes i will throw a piece of cheese in there.......that I enjoy. i don't eat sandwiches with bread anymore. i don't miss bread as much as i thought i would. i like the cottage cheese singles too..with the fruit to mix in on the side....they are good for a snack, or fat free Jello with fruit in it......or fat free pudding..but more so the cottage cheese.......it does take some thinking!!! i hope these suggestions have been helpful!

TTYL

I have access to a fridge and microwave at work. I tend to stay away from the prepackaged or frozen convenience type foods - mainly due to the cost of these types of things. So I bring for lunch, leftovers to heat up in the microwave. Today I have homemade baked Beans - yummo. Other times I have bought in homemade Soups, cottage cheese and dry biscuits (not sure what americans call these but a brand of these that we have, that I think you do is Saltines), sometimes I have cottage cheese and veggies (my stomach doesn't do the normal cold salad stuff too well). Yesterday I had a small piece of fish (flake) and some green bean salad.< /p>

Congrats on the new job and it is always interesting to hear about what others eat.

Too early in the stages for me to give advise here BUT wanted to say Congrats on your NEW postion! Well done & I hope you meet some new great friends in the process.

uhm, when I'm at school, I just go home and have lunch. But during this internship, I've been buying a lunch every other day, and eating left-overs.

But I seem to be able to eat everything, even after my fill.

Congrats on the new job!