Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have a "bad" EKG? I failed!!!

I had my stress test today, passed. Did my Chest XRAy, can you really fail a chest XRay?

My EKG - shows a probable inferior infarction. A heart attack! :thumbup: I guess not now, but I have had one. sometime.

Anyone else with this problem?

Any support would be appreciated.:party:

I can't see my Dr until tomorrow. At least my panic attack is gone.

Feeling very blue and scared.:sad:

Debbie

Debbie, I so know what you are going through....just about. I had an irregular EKG and my doc scheduled me for a carotid and heart ultrasound because I had a slow heart beat, and then he felt swooshing in my neck and I had to have a cardiac angiography where I had to get an IV, they inject iodine in my veins and put me in this big XRay machine thing.

The good news is that I came out pretty normal and he just wants me to follow-up in January.

Don't panic just yet. You might be required to have a test for coronary artery disease if indeed, you had a silent MI. I tried to tell myself that it's a good thing I was getting the band, because I was required to have tests for things that contributed to my father's death at 58. So, just hold tight and wait to see what happens. And keep us posted. This is a good thing you are getting checked out. Good luck to you.

I am so upset. I am scared. My father had three bypasses, my younger brother had a heart attack at 32. He recently had a stent put in place. I can't call my Mom because she will be upset, I can't call my Daughter because she will freak out, but she is going to be pissed that I didn't tell her. My husband hates Doctors, but this time I think he sees it as a blessing. Maybe it is a silent heart attack, but not a bad one. I went on the internet - BAD CHOICE, NEVER LOOK THIS STUFF UP ON THE INTERNET.

So I sit her ready to cry, okay crying now, because I know that bad stuff that it can be. I know I could have dropped dead and it was all my fault because I never lost weight even knowing I had predisposition. I know that I might have some bad stuff down the road, I know I have ignored some chest pains, because it always hurts. I have GERD and Gastritis. I know this and more and yet - it's all my fault. I did this to myself. I caused this, I ate myself into this.

I know depressing self destructive talk, but I am so upset. How can they tell you that at the Urgent Care, where I had to go to get the EDG, and then tell you to go home. I called my Dr and he hasn't returned my call, talk about feeling rejected.

So now, I will dry my eyes and know this self pitty crap off.

Thanks for listening. When I said I felt blue, I guess I wasn't kidding. Haven't cried like that for a while. Debbie

Oh the good news, I have lost almost 20 pounds on my pre op diet.

Debbie,

Just calm down. You are alive. You are going to get tested. And like the other post said, you will probably be fine to have the band, but you need to take care of the most pressing issues first. Think that this is a blessing and if anything further needs to be done, count yourself lucky that you found this out now. It sucks getting old, I know. And it also sucks having bad genes for co-morbidities. I have heart disease in my family. If I hadn't had the lap band done, I might have never found out about my cardiac history. You will be fine. You can do this. Don't worry. It's good to cry. And you are doing great. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes, Debbie, hang in there! We're all with you!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lot of Hugs and prayers for you Debbie. I hope that your doc can ease your mind and give you the information that you need to understand what the EKG really said.

Don't beat yourself up over the past! You are changing your life now to have a better future!!

Hey, thanks everyone. I guess this is why I need support. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to be hugged by so many.

I went for my second EKG and they kept me for 8 hours doing tests. After all the hoopla it was discovered that it is not current. They let me look at the other one, but not this one. Went to my Dr and he is having trouble getting a copy. I am going to complain to my insurance. How can they not have a copy of a STRIP of EKG paper! I also gave my Dr the referral for the Cardiologist. My surgery is not cancelled or even on hold. I go Monday to have my PreOp from the Surgeon. They gave me Ativan for anxiety to help me not freak out until we know what is happening.

WHAT - ME, jump to conclusions and freak out???? I would never do that!?!?!?!? lol

So I guess this is really a blessing. I had a heart attack and didn't know it and I would never have known if I had not decided to take this path. Now I can get the band, get healthy, and they can now watch my heart.

Wait - I think I can say this without haveing a huge anxiety attack now, I had a heart attack. Okay, maybe a little anxiety, funny how that feeling of panic just ran through me. But knowing is much better than not knowing.

I don't know what I would do without all of you. And - I can't wait to join the happy club of the BANDED. September 19 is right aroung the corner!

I'm so glad things are working out. I've been thinking, and praying for you.

By the time you're banded, I'll be too. I'm so psyched up for this .

teri

Thanks Teri. I think the prayers have helped.

You are just a few days before me. As far as I can tell, we are embarking on a fantastic journey. I can't wait, obviously I really need this. And I guess I was right all along.

Wait an epithamy - I have been doing this for my health all along, it was never for beauty or to be thin, thin wasn't even in my vocabulary. Health, but now I guess I am doing it for my heart. :shades_smile: Health is where the Heart is or something like that.

My Father had three bypass surgeries, my younger brother had a heart attack at 32 and now at 50 he had a stent place in his artery. We have a family history of cornery artery disease. I need to get healthy.

So now it is going to be me and little "Antonio Banderous"

Thanks again:redface: Debbie

Yay Debbie! I'm glad that your surgery is on schedule and that you are embracing this information and using it to your advantage.

Sherri, I don't know what I would have done if not for this support group. It's such a same that we are on the internet. There are so many times when I feel that someone needs a hug or I have needed one. I am a very emotional and giving person so this I miss, to cry on someone's shoulder and them there for you. But where else would we meet such diverse people who share so much with us. I guess we have to give up the personal so that we can find so many with this in common.

Anyway, Thank you so much I WILL have my surgery, this is just a little bump in the road. :-) Debbie

Debbie, I am so glad everything is going to be okay. How scary that you had a heart attack! Just think you are starting a new life to prevent this from happening!!!

I am so proud of you!!

Debbie, I am so glad everything is going to be okay. How scary that you had a heart attack! Just think you are starting a new life to prevent this from happening!!!

I am so proud of you!!

Thank You Michelle. Actually I took some meds and I think they are kicking in - you know happy drugs. So if I get mushy....

But really thank you for your support, you are so kind. I appreciate it very much. Everyone has been so understanding.

Actually this is the place I need to be. After I am banded they can watch my heart and improved health will follow. See, I have it all figured out

Take care Debbie